• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How about a Pinned Thread

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:26 AM

...something with a permanent attachment box at the bottom for uploading Digital Christmas, Channukah, Winter Solstice & so forth Greeting Cards??

:anna:

Norm

#2 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:26 PM

What do you mean by a permanent attach box, Norm? :taz:

#3 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:08 PM

Some Forums have an "attachment box" for file upload with messages....some don't...for example, this forum does NOT have one. This idea would not work out unless there was an opportunity to u/load a graphics file...

nhb

What do you mean by a permanent attach box, Norm? :taz:

#4 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:03 PM

Norm,

I notice in the Let's Have Some Holiday Fun forum, you're allowed to post attachments.

#5 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:56 AM

Thanks!

I'll nose over there....

nhb

Norm,

I notice in the Let's Have Some Holiday Fun forum, you're allowed to post attachments.

#6 firemedicdiver

firemedicdiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Cert Level:Basic
  • Logged Dives:not very many

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

ok I have been wondering this ever since I started visiting this site, What does "pinned" mean at the beginning of a thread title?

Dan
Dan

"When I die, please don't let my wife sell my scuba equipment for what I told her I paid for it." -- Anonymous

#7 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:09 PM

ok I have been wondering this ever since I started visiting this site, What does "pinned" mean at the beginning of a thread title?

Dan

Dan,

If you click HERE in the I'm Headed Your Way forum, you'll notice at the top is a thread entitled, How to Use This Forum. We used to have push pins but now you'll just see the word Pinned to the left of the topic title. This means that this thread will always appear in the same position in the threads list unless other pinned topics are added. More importantly, they're actually separate from the unpinned threads below. My understanding is that they're threads that explain how to use a forum, for example, or contain information that is always pertinent to that particular forum, ie. avatar info, rules, etc.

Clear as mud? :lmao:

#8 firemedicdiver

firemedicdiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Cert Level:Basic
  • Logged Dives:not very many

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:57 PM

Dan

Dan,

If you click HERE in the I'm Headed Your Way forum, you'll notice at the top is a thread entitled, How to Use This Forum. We used to have push pins but now you'll just see the word Pinned to the left of the topic title. This means that this thread will always appear in the same position in the threads list unless other pinned topics are added. More importantly, they're actually separate from the unpinned threads below. My understanding is that they're threads that explain how to use a forum, for example, or contain information that is always pertinent to that particular forum, ie. avatar info, rules, etc.

Clear as mud? :birthday:

Annasea

Thank you that helpled alot.
Dan

"When I die, please don't let my wife sell my scuba equipment for what I told her I paid for it." -- Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users