• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Increasing static time. Any tips?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:12 AM

Hi all,

Despute my best efforts I have not been able to go much beyond 3 minutes. My PB is 3:16 underwater.

I did manage 3:40 once but it was dry. :teeth:

I an not trying to beat any record, but I would really like to be able to break 4 minutes someday. It's sort of a personal goal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#2 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:21 PM

You need to sew a SpareAir into that fishtail.

Have you watched Into the Blue, I think that one free dive around the plane lasted 8 minutes and Hollywood wouldn't lie to us or play tricks right?
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#3 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

Hi all,

Despute my best efforts I have not been able to go much beyond 3 minutes. My PB is 3:16 underwater.

I did manage 3:40 once but it was dry. :teeth:

I an not trying to beat any record, but I would really like to be able to break 4 minutes someday. It's sort of a personal goal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

I am going to assume that you are in good to great shape. Might I suggest that you try to become more relaxed on your dives? Not saying move less or slower, althought bouth would help. Take on a more relaxed attitued when you do your dives. The more relaxed you are, the less air you need for the given task.

My 2¢
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#4 freedivers

freedivers

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Cert Level:SAFER & IAFD Freedive Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Too many to count when you freedive ;-)

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:08 AM

There are static tables that Aharon Solomons developed for increasing static apnea.

I would also recommend Umberto Pellizari's book "Manual of Freediving"

Let me know if I can help...

Edited by freedivers, 12 May 2006 - 11:10 AM.

Cliff Etzel
Immersive Video Journalist

"The scuba diver dives to look around. The freediver dives to look inside" Umberto Pelizzari

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users