• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

View New Posts function

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:31 AM

It used to be that when I clicked on "View New Posts", it would only bring up the threads that had new posts since my last log-on, which could have been as little as 5 or 10 minutes ago. Now all it does is put all the threads in order of the ones with the newest posts first, regardless of whether I've read them all or not. This is true even when I click on "Mark all Forums as read" and "Get Active Topics for Today" function.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#2 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:36 AM

I have the same response, unless I hit "log out" first. If I just shut down the window, or go to another site "new posts" doesn't refresh.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#3 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:57 AM

It used to be that when I clicked on "View New Posts", it would only bring up the threads that had new posts since my last log-on, which could have been as little as 5 or 10 minutes ago. Now all it does is put all the threads in order of the ones with the newest posts first, regardless of whether I've read them all or not. This is true even when I click on "Mark all Forums as read" and "Get Active Topics for Today" function.

you hae to click on view all posts as read...then shut down or log out..next time you click view new posts it bring up all posts since your last visit.
who's leading this parade anyway?

#4 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:53 PM

you hae to click on view all posts as read...then shut down or log out..next time you click view new posts it bring up all posts since your last visit.

I do that and it still shows threads I've already read when I log back on.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#5 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:53 PM

That's the way it's always worked.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#6 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:02 PM

When I "mark all posts as read" then log out and log back in, it works fine for me.
-Mitch-

#7 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:16 PM

HMMM...stranger than strange......it works for me...I think your computer has aliens :unsure:
who's leading this parade anyway?

#8 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

Any chance its possible that the threads actually are different (change, edited, new reply)?

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users