• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

There goes the neighborhood!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:44 PM

Hey y'all!

Another new kid on the block -- new to SingleDivers but not new to some of the fine faces here. Looks like a great site! I'm excited to be one of the original joiners, since no doubt this site is going to attract a slew of singles soon. Way to go, Walter, zendiver, WreckWench, and everyone else who has been working hard to put this together. Y'all rock.

:missu:
coppermaus

#2 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:48 PM

Hey Coppermaus!!

Welcome to the Board!!

We're all happy that you made it here. :twist:

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#3 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:53 PM

Welcome Coppermaus
To SD.com. I'm glad you are comfortable and know some of us already.

Cheers to you.

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#4 jjrichardson

jjrichardson

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:32 PM

WELL helo,
I was wondering what you looked like. Don told me that you said, you guys rocked the night away at Joseoph's in Santa Rosa last weekend. Sorry we couldn't make it that time. I will be there next weekend anyway. I have been several times and I have never seen anyone want to party there. I really hate I missed that one.

Where in Colorado are you anyway?

Jerry

#5 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:34 PM

Hiya coppermaus :twist:

Edited by WisconsinGal, 19 March 2004 - 03:35 PM.

#6 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:53 PM

Howdy CopperMouse!

Welcome to the party... :twist:

I'm trying to get a Turn Blue dive-in organized for late April in the North American forum here. Hope you can make it....

Click here: http://www.epicsoftw...howtopic=80&hl=

Dandy Don Patton

Edited by DandyDon, 19 March 2004 - 04:21 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#7 coppermaus

coppermaus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:57 PM

Hey Jerry,

Yeah, Santa Rosa on a Saturday night CAN actually be fun! I couldn't believe it. I've gone down there many times in three years, and that's the first time the bar was open to the public rather than hosting a private party. So we made the most of it. Due to our repeated requests for some real dance music the bartender finally called in a DJ, who commenced to rock the house. What happened then belongs in a David Lynch movie!

And so those not familiar with this sought-after diving destination can participate, here's some info on the Blue Hole and additional pics.

We'll be going down again in April and attempting to top this trip's prize for Most Groovilicious Freakshow.

:twist:
coppermaus

#8 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:22 PM

Excuse me, Click here: http://www.epicsoftw...howtopic=80&hl=

Edited by DandyDon, 19 March 2004 - 04:22 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#9 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 20 March 2004 - 11:46 AM

Welcome!

Sorry I wasn't here to welcome you right away. I was busy creating a mystery so rumors could get out of control.

Why don't you tell these fine folks a little about yourself, in English please?

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#10 coppermaus

coppermaus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes, y'all!

Something about myself... y en ingles? OK, well, I live in Colorado because I love the mtns and outdoors, though originally from NC. Didn't discover my scuba passion until moving here unfortunately. :twist: In NC, when I was only a 3-hour drive from the coast, I always headed west for the great mtn biking (only a 3-hour drive to the mtns), but after moving here I got a bug for all locations south of the border and discovered diving while in the Bay Islands, Honduras. Now I'm a landlocked addict.

To keep from forgetting everything and for the sheer love of diving, I started working on my rescue and DM certs, spending many a fine evening watching the chlorinated wildlife swirling at the bottom of a 12' swimming pool (mostly hairballs and bandaids). Believe it or not, even that is enjoyable.

Just last month I did my first REAL diving in almost 4 years, taking a fabuloso trip to Cozumel. It was also challenging and tested my ability to keep my cool in the water. Though, actually, that was my second such test. First time was also with a dive buddy who ignored me and swam off on a deep dive. These experiences have made me realize you can't make friends into good dive buddies. So I'm now working the opposite angle. IOW, looking forward to meeting other serious dive addicts on some upcoming singles trips.

Sooo...who's doing one of the NC trips this summer?

:(
coppermaus

#11 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:44 AM

hey C ...welcome aboard. I live in Albuquerque and dive the hole often. Last weekend in april probably (might) wont work for me but keep it posted when you and your group head down and I'm sure we will see each other out there sometime. I'm in Colorado a few days a month...Is there no place to dive there?

Gar
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#12 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:34 AM

:taz: coppermaus. Glad you could join us. I am looking forward to getting to know you and the possibility of diving with you in the near future.

Thanks for the compliments, but this board wouldn't be what it is today without members like you and the rest of the group. Ya'll ROCK! :o

-Zendiver
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#13 coppermaus

coppermaus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:03 AM

hey C ...welcome aboard. I live in Albuquerque and dive the hole often. Last weekend in april probably (might) wont work for me but keep it posted when you and your group head down and I'm sure we will see each other out there sometime.

Will do. Too bad you can't make the April trip, but I'm sure we'll have a trip coincide soon. My next one is probably August.

I'm in Colorado a few days a month...Is there no place to dive there?

Not really. Just some murky lakes that aren't nearly as good for doing certification work. My instructor sometimes takes people to Chatfield in Denver, but I've never done any diving there or anywhere else in Colorado for that matter. Do you come up this way on business or for the skiing? Not that we have any snow to speak of anymore...
coppermaus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users