• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Next contest!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 mischievous

mischievous

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:37 PM

2. Feel free to create a new tagline as to why our little guy is called buddy!
3. Feel free to play upon the words or the theme!

we're kind of staying on topic. :D

#32 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 May 2004 - 06:15 PM

Oh, Coppermaus, the things that we could say to that last one!

I know, I'm evil, dropping that bait and waiting with my whip in hand for someone to nibble. haHA!! :mauswhip:

And I've got her spare.... :anna:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#33 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:24 PM

"You'll only find lips like these at SingleDivers.com!"

is that a dare??!! :evilgrin:

Edited by triggerfish, 27 May 2004 - 07:24 PM.

#34 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:02 AM

a little purple fishy went out of his cozy little home to go swimming one day only to be scooped up by a tiny flimsy net and placed into a bag. he/she/it didn't know what to do. he/she/it kept trying to swim forward and backward, but all he/she/it could go was around in a little tight circle and it was starting to get hard to filter oxygen from the water because in his/her/its panicky state, the poor little purple fishy was sucking up O2 like crazy. he/she/it was frightened by the new environment, especially by the huge pink/yellow/brown blobs lurking just outside his/her/its view. he/she/it missed his/her/its little bubbling treasure chest and just wanted to go home. the plastic plants may not have been very good, but at least they were something to chew on. "maybe if i stop moving for a little while, i can fall asleep and wake up and it'll all be a dream." the little purple fishy stopped moving, much to a little girl's dismay. she promptly dumped him into the ocean with a big SPLASH! the little purple fishy woke with a start and noticed right away that there were hundreds of fish swimming around in schools. he/she/it tried to hang out with the other fish, but alas...he/she/it was new and none of the established groups would have him/her/it. they kept trying to charge him/her/it extra to run with the big dawgs, so he/she/it decided that he/she/it would become his/her/its own buddy. so from that point on, the little purple fishy would approach those new to his ocean/lake/puddle in the ground and bubble happily, "Hi, i'm going to be your Buddy. Do you want to dive with me?"

#35 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:03 AM

oh...and there's a zebra in the fish tale somewhere. you just can't find him 'cause he's camoflauged so well.

#36 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:47 AM

he/she/it......hmmm....
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#37 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:15 AM

i was bored and it was really early in the morning, SH! jeez, cut this sleep deprived zombie some slack. :evilgrin:

#38 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:31 AM

that really is a funny story, zebra or not!

#39 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:44 AM

well thank you fingrabber! i was hoping for at lease ONE postive comment. :lmao:

#40 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 28 May 2004 - 11:42 AM

I like it! Very "William James" ... if I do say so.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#41 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 28 May 2004 - 03:56 PM

a little purple fishy went out of his cozy little home to go swimming one day only to be scooped up by a tiny flimsy net and placed into a bag.  he/she/it didn't know what to do.  he/she/it kept trying to swim forward and backward, but all he/she/it could go was around in a little tight circle and it was starting to get hard to filter oxygen from the water because in his/her/its panicky state, the poor little purple fishy was sucking up O2 like crazy.  he/she/it was frightened by the new environment, especially by the huge pink/yellow/brown blobs lurking just outside his/her/its view.  he/she/it missed his/her/its little bubbling treasure chest and just wanted to go home.  the plastic plants may not have been very good, but at least they were something to chew on.  "maybe if i stop moving for a little while, i can fall asleep and wake up and it'll all be a dream."  the little purple fishy stopped moving, much to a little girl's dismay.  she promptly dumped him into the ocean with a big SPLASH!  the little purple fishy woke with a start and noticed right away that there were hundreds of fish swimming around in schools.  he/she/it tried to hang out with the other fish, but alas...he/she/it was new and none of the established groups would have him/her/it.  they kept trying to charge him/her/it extra to run with the big dawgs, so he/she/it decided that he/she/it would become his/her/its own buddy.  so from that point on, the little purple fishy would approach those new to his ocean/lake/puddle in the ground and bubble happily, "Hi, i'm going to be your Buddy.  Do you want to dive with me?"

I could have sworn i've heard parts of that one before.. did you steal the beginning from finding nemo!!!!??
Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!
Jane Austen

#42 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:03 PM

mine

1) Don't be a fish, hook a buddy at SD.com

2)Don't get soaked by single supplements, get wet with a buddy at SD.com
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#43 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:13 PM

#3 Don't be a crab, be a buddy @ SD
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#44 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 29 May 2004 - 07:39 AM

Chie-I thought it was really funny....just I think I'm gender confused myself now!!!!
LOL
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#45 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 10:39 AM

I could have sworn i've heard parts of that one before.. did you steal the beginning from finding nemo!!!!??

probably...it might just be my stream of consciousness thing going on. that was an amazing movie, but when i saw the "evil" diver capturing nemo, i was like, "oh no! but i'm a diver, too! that so wrong."

This Buddy can't rescue breathe with you. FInd one who can at SingleDivers.com.
Buddy doesn't have opposable thumbs, but other buddies do at SD.com.
SD.com, a scale above the rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users