• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

BTS...Beneath the Sea March 24-26 2006 the 30th Anniversary!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:23 AM

BTS In Progress....

Hey everyone we are LIVE at BTS and we are having a blast! SingleDivers.com was on ScubaRadio.com last night...check it out! Greg is such a great SD Supporter and we were in GREAT company with DAN and living diving legend Neil Watson!

We've been adding LOTS of new travel suppliers so be looking for some FANTASTIC new travel deals, packages and buddy trip offerings from SD!

And talk about great suppliers...wait til you see the prize list for being at this show...so far we have:

Free Diving from Diver Down, Morehead City, NC
Free Live Aboard Trip from Tabutne Diving, Belize
Free Live Aboard Trip from Tabutne Diving, Belize
Free Dive Trip from Lion's Inn Curacao
Free Diving St. Lawrence River
Free Diving from OutterBanksDiving, Hatteras NC
Free Scuba Tunes from Tropical Music International (Proud 2nd Year SD Sponsor)

And of course ScubaRadio.com is ALWAYS FREE!!! Just go the site and download the interview! We were the last one to talk on last nights opening show interview...of course they saved the BEST for Last!!!! And we'll be back on again live today!

Well time for some food and time to get to the show! We'll keep you updated as we go!

Oh yes....we got 2 new members yesterday! We'll start a list shortly! Welcome to the family! Kamala aka Wreck Wench!!!

Part II:

The show was a huge success for SD and I expect as soon as we get all the names we collected into our mailing database the NE will be the largest group of SDer's in the world! We had almost 500 names registered at the show and many of them were winners in our tremendous contest. The list of sponsors just continued to grow and are as follows:

FREE Nitrox for any SD trip from Explorer Ventures (Proud 2nd Year SD Sponsor)
FREE Diving Larry's WildSide Bonaire
FREE Diving Larry's WildSide Bonaire
OMS T-shirt, Cap, High Intensity 7 LED Dive Light
Handicapped Scuba Association T-shirt
Guide to Marine Life Caribbean - Bahamas - Florida from AquaQuest.com Publications (Proud 2nd Year SD Sponsor)
Ocean Quest 1 FREE Tech Pkg Upgrade on any Standard Trip
Ocean Quest 1 FREE Tech Pkg Upgrade on any Standard Trip
Spirit of Freedom Cairns Australia first 6 people to book and deposit before April 30th will receive 30% discount off of day tours (Some black out dates apply.)
The Magic Pool Video from AirSeaLand - And one of SD's newest vendors!
FREE Diving from Sand Dollar Sports Cozumel
FREE Diving from Sand Dollar Sports Cozumel
FREE $1650 Safari for the first person to book the Seal Expeditions Sardine Great White Run in S. Africa via SingleDivers.com
FREE Diving from Dive Experience St Croix, US Virgin Islands - and one of SD's Women Hall of Famers
FREE Diving from Dive Experience St Croix, US Virgin Islands - and one of SD's Women Hall of Famers
FREE Diving the Cooper River from Off The Wall Charters, Salem, SC
50% discount off 14 day adventure when accompanied by full fare passenger good til Dec 2007 from Adventure H20 Luxury Liveaboard Diving Adventure Komodo
10 FREE Raffle Tickets 'WheelChairs to Fiji' worth $45 each or $450 sponsored by DiveGear.com
3 FREE Subscriptions to Scuba Diving Magazine
4 FREE Admissions to the History of Diving Museum Islamorado, FL
FREE Prescription Dive Mask from the Prescription Dive Mask Company
2 FREE SingleDivers.com t-shirts

We registered several more new members at the show and recruited several folks to help us plan and organize some Happy Hours and local events for the NE! :wakawaka:

Our volunteers gave BTS over 80 hours of volunteer time! (We needed to give them 56 hours and we well exceeded that!)

More to come as we announce the winners and post even more pictures...

Part III:

Well the third and final chapter of the BTS saga continues...

This saga focuses on the OUTSTANDING contributions of our members to make BTS a success. The MVP award goes to Colin aka NYDiver for getting us free hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn Express. :D I guess living in a hotel 300+ days a year has rewards...too bad Colin had to stay yet again in a hotel room so close to home to help us with the show and to ensure we had AWESOME places to stay! :)

Our next award goes to speedy Gonzalez aka Kim the Fingrabber. In this case she was grabbing key strokes and spent the better part of the weekend entering all the names of people who signed up to receive more information about SD and/or those who entered in our prize drawings! WOW! We had record numbers of people visit the booth and register with us! Just ask the keygrabber...er...I mean the fingrabber! On second thought...don't ask her just yet...I don't think she has quite recovered from all that typing! :P

Next on the list of alcolades go to Jerry aka NCMasterDiver for flying in from NC to help us with the show and single handedly becoming SD's Roving BTS Marketing dept! Everywhere I went people were telling me...what a nice man and Jerry is so nice! So Jerry DEFINITELY gets the "Mr. Nice Award"! And of course when he was not networking for SD...he was Mr. BTS helping out the show.

Of course we could not have done this show with George aka Tolly...he is a machine when it comes to making these shows happen! What with water, fruit, granola and nuts to help us survive in the booth, copies and brochures and that famous "Its Not What You Think" line...BTS would not be the same with out Tolly. Nor would we have about half the names we got without him! Nor any of the new instructors he spoke with who'd we love to have join our team! :respect:

When Colin aka NYDiver was not securing free rooms for SD or picking SDers up at the airport or working for BTS as an SD volunteer he was in the booth helping SD! Colin you are my hero! Thank you soooooo much!

And of course we have Rick aka HipShot...or should be say "Mr BTS BigShot"!!! Way to go Rick...you helped SD be one of BTS's top volunteers and were great in the booth...but then how could anyone resist your charm!

And last but not least...Ray aka Latitude Adjustment! He gives whole new meaning to his name! Not only did he work over 36 hours for BTS...he helped to supply the SD booth saving us nearly $300; he helped me find my phone!; he worked and recruited for SD every chance he got; he got us to very important engagements and he was a great sport both dealing with car problems AND being my roommate! :lmao:

And how about our vendors....

WOW!!! What a tremendous outpouring of generosity and tremendous prizes for our members! But that is only the tip of the iceberg...many of the same vendors have also announced travel specials to launch our new travel arrangements with them. Yes it only gets better!

And the song played on.....

And last but not least...if you came by the booth you may have heard what sounded like a pop artist or even one of the American Idol contestants singing a great song about diving. And if you listened a bit closer you would have realized that the singer was singing about SingleDivers.com. Yes it is true...our very own American Idol Neptuner has written, recorded and now released the SingleDivers.com Song! It is polished, professional and powerful! It will soon be available to hear on the site and will be on Neptuners's aka "Pup Morse and the DCD" album of Tropical and Scuba Tunes to be released later this year. Stay tuned as you'll hear and see it here first! :wakawaka:

The Ending...

Yes all great stories have an ending. Sometimes endings are just beginnings. In this case I think it is a bit of both. The show has ended but we'll have tons of new friends and members from the area. Our vendors have been so supportive and we can't wait to start offering you fantastic dive trips to visit them! And our members set us apart...so much so that one of them wrote a song about the SD experience and how incredible it is...and its been recorded and is being looked at being picked up by a recording label. And it all started with an idea...and that idea grew because of each and every one of you being a part of the story. So I look forward to the next installment in the saga...its a spellbinder...stay tuned! - Kamala aka Wreck Wench

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for the update WW!!! Sounds like SD is having a great time! :D
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#3 TekDiveGirl

TekDiveGirl

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Divemaster - trained through advanced wreck and Advanced Tri-mix
  • Logged Dives:A whole bunch - I don't know excactly as my logbook was destroyed... )-; It's a long story -- you really don't want to know...

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:44 PM

Sounds like it is going well --

Wish I was there -- it is a show I would like to make it to someday.
Kimber

Pink ~~~
It's the New Black!!!

#4 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:10 PM

Sounds like a blast!

#5 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

I was there Friday afternoon and Saturday during the day. It's going very well. It's very well attended and our folks are getting the word out.

I wasn't on the exhibit floor on Saturday morning, but this was a good thing. I was chairing a Seminar Session at the time--and was earning volunteer time for us.

I'm not going to steal any of WW's thunder, but be ready for some pretty fantastic stuff following this show.

Rick

:teeth:

Feel the wind
And set yourself the bolder course
Keep your heart
As open as a shrine
You’ll sail the perfect line...
--Bob Seger

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:50 PM

For those of you who didn't come you missed a great show, there were two pages of new exhibitors and even being there three days I was too busy to see it all.
It was great seeing everyone from the board and meeting some who will be on the board soon.
It's also nice stopping by to talk with operators I've used in the past. I was talking with Ken from UDT and someone else from SD who never post when I noticed the DVD playing was of me playing with sealions, he was quick to point out that I wouldn't be getting any commission on any trips sold because of that DVD!
As I made my rounds I kept seeing SD cards and stickers in a lot of booths so the word is deffinetly getting out.
And again, :banghead: George for coming to rescue us when my truck broke down at 1am after the Cayman party.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#7 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

Some pics from the show:

BTS 2006 Photos

photos, while uploaded by me, were all taken by Jerry "NCMasterDiver"

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#8 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

Some pics from the show:

BTS 2006 Photos

photos, while uploaded by me, were all taken by Jerry "NCMasterDiver" Pitman

George - When I try to click on the pic link - it tells me I don't have permsiion for this feature. :banghead: How do I get permission?
Known puker

#9 Piz

Piz

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:?? 200+

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

Some pics from the show:

BTS 2006 Photos

Yep same problem for me.

Sounds like a great show though. iwould like to come and see it one day.

#10 Tolly

Tolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

Some pics from the show:

BTS 2006 Photos

George - When I try to click on the pic link - it tells me I don't have permsiion for this feature. :banghead: How do I get permission?

oops...try it again when youhave a chance please...

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

dilemma.gif

#11 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

The pics and the SD booth are great, George! :banghead: The show looked consistently busy, too.

Other than yourself, WW, Starfish Sandy & Capt Saaz, Hipshot and NCMasterDiver, which other SDers were there? Or at least in the pics?

#12 Piz

Piz

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:?? 200+

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

WOW I can see the pics now. :banghead:

Looks like you have a nice neat 10' x 10' stand.

Who are the kinds of exhibitors there?
How many exhibitors are there?
How big is the show? (in square feet or meters)
Are there lots of people?
Are there lots of cool new toys?
What was the cool stuff or stands that caught your eye?
Exhibitors gossip worse than old women. (I know. I do woodwoking shows in Aust.) Heard any good stories?

Tell us all about it! :lmao: :D

#13 Tolly

Tolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

The pics and the SD booth are great, George! :banghead: The show looked consistently busy, too.

Other than yourself, WW, Starfish Sandy & Capt Saaz, Hipshot and NCMasterDiver, which other SDers were there? Or at least in the pics?

Also sighted:

Old Friends

Latitude Adjustment
Madlobster
NYdiver
Photographic Mercenary
Sqzmee
BabyDuck
TraceMalin
solodiver in NJ

New Members
Wanda - signed up tonight and attended the November Techreational Event @ Dutch
aquamom

dilemma.gif

#14 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

WOW I can see the pics now. :thankyou:

Looks like you have a nice neat 10' x 10' stand.

Who are the kinds of exhibitors there?
How many exhibitors are there?
How big is the show? (in square feet or meters)
Are there lots of people?
Are there lots of cool new toys?
What was the cool stuff or stands that caught your eye?
Exhibitors gossip worse than old women. (I know. I do woodwoking shows in Aust.) Heard any good stories?

Tell us all about it! :D :D

The booths are 8 X 10', a few are 10 X 10'
Everything from equipment to non-profits and clubs
300 Exhibitors and a waiting list
Big and not sure of the square feet but it is the biggest dive-travel show
Attendance was up but no figures yet
What kind of toys? There were new rebreathers and scooters, Oceanic says the HUD mask is coming soon but we've heard that before!
I didn't get a lot of time to look.
Heard lot's of gossip but I can't pass it on yet.
Posted Image

Edited by Latitude Adjustment, 29 March 2006 - 08:42 AM.

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#15 seafox

seafox

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cert Level:Inst for : Recreational, Technical and Closed Circuit Rebreather Instructor, I never stop learning!
  • Logged Dives:4000+

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:10 AM

No pictures but was there and dropped by the SD booth.
As usual, it was an excellent show. Lots of products, exhibitors and parties! :thankyou:
Next stop DEMA November 8-11 in Orlando, FL!
Protect the SHARKS!

Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users