• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Tenneco Towers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:80+

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:10 PM

On May 20th, 2004 I had the oppertunity to dive with an charter out of Sunny Isles Beach.

Seas were a calm 3-5' waves, Temp toasty warm 79 deg.

We dove this site with 2 buddy teams. The vis was about 25' as this area had been beaten up with constant strong east winds for a extended period of time. So the wind laid down and we were able to dive this site. I wanted to dive it in November 2003 but the weather did not cooperate.

The site is covered with considerable growth, sponges, sea fans, I even spotted what apeared to be some sun polyps (closed at day of course) and lots of varried species of fish.

This is a new depth for me 105' on dive #25.
Nice and toasty in my 3/2 jumpsuit, and the seaquest Qd+ bc I won on earth day was great!

We dove North cannyon for our second dive, it is 60' and runs about 75yards. and is about 30' whide, and loaded with inverts, burned a hole roll of film just at this site. :D

So all in all, even though the miami area weather did not cooperate totally I did get to dive, tuesday in West Palm Beach, Wednesday in Key Largo, and these dives on thursday.

Dan

Yes we did also do family things with the wife, daughter-in-law, and youngest grandson (2) the zoo, aquarium, key largo, and He LOVED the beach and had fits each time we told him we had to go back to our room.

#2 mischievous

mischievous

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:17 PM

hi daniel, welcome to the group! thanks for posting some info about yourself & your diving experience, but i know you don't have scales! or do you? hmmm.... . don't forget to post an intro in new to single divers so that everyone can say hello. btw...the dive sounded fun. when will you post the pics?

#3 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:56 PM

Hey Daniel! When I saw where you had been diving, I thought we had us another S Floridian on the board. Great report on the dive but as 'Chie suggested, why don't you post an intro in the "New To SD.com" forum so we can get to know you a little better. I'm kind of skeptical about the fishy look you have too.... :wakawaka:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users