• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Travel Tip of the Day 4-11-6

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:48 AM

8. Don't be a target! Avoid conspicuous clothing and expensive jewelry and don't carry excessive amounts of money or unnecessary credit cards.

9. In order to avoid violating local laws, deal only with authorized agents when you exchange money or purchase art or antiques.

10. If you get into trouble, contact the U.S. Consul!

The Department of State issues Consular Information Sheets for all countries of the world. They describe unusual entry or currency regulations, health conditions, the crime and security situation, political disturbances, areas of instability, and drug penalties. In general, Consular Information Sheets do not give advice. Instead, they describe conditions so that travelers can make informed decisions about their trips.

However, in some dangerous situations, the Department of State recommends that Americans defer all travel to a country. In these cases, a Travel Warning is issued for the country, in addition to its Consular Information Sheet. There are many ways to access Consular Information Sheets and Travel Warnings:

-- You can listen to them 24 hours a day by calling (202) 647-5225 from a touch-tone phone.

-- From a fax machine, you can dial (202) 647-3000, using the handset as you would a regular telephone. You will hear instructions on how to have them faxed to you.

-- With a computer and a modem, you can access them through many electronic bulletin boards, including the Consular Affairs Bulletin Board (CABB).

-- You can find them at the 13 regional U.S. passport agencies, or you can learn about them from the airline when you or your travel agent make your international air reservation.

For general travel information, the following pamphlets may be ordered from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC 20402; tel: 202-512-0000. Email: gpoaccess@gpo.gov

#2 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:55 AM

Did you post this one for my benefit!!?? I typically claim diplomatic immunity - when asked what I am a diplomat of, I simply reply "of love!" :P

Ok, it doesn't really work, so I run really really fast!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#3 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:30 PM

Did you post this one for my benefit!!?? I typically claim diplomatic immunity - when asked what I am a diplomat of, I simply reply "of love!" :dance:

Ok, it doesn't really work, so I run really really fast!

:P

I'm just trying to help!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users