• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Global Underwater Explorers Conference--Nov 2006

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:40 PM

I just reserved my hotel room down in Florida for the GUE Conference in Nov. I missed last year’s event so I made sure to reserve early. Plus, I can get some diving in while I'm there! Maybe by then I'll be ready for my Tech 1 course and Cave 1 by then. **fingers crossed**

So, is anyone else planning to attend?

Edited by VADiver, 01 June 2006 - 05:40 PM.

#2 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:58 AM

I'll be there.

#3 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:53 PM

Cool...I have reservations at the hilton and just downloaded the agenda. Looks like a good time.

I guess no one else from the board is going...I wonder why? :cheerleader:

#4 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:24 AM

ummmm, lets see.

instead of sitting around listening to other people talk about diving

i'll be ....... ummmmm DIVING
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#5 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:52 AM

Hmmm...I was counting on covering both and hitting some dive spots before the conference starts.

But the main thing will be to attend the lectures on decompression, dive planning, exploration, etc. given the experts.

#6 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

But the main thing will be to attend the lectures on decompression, dive planning, exploration, etc. given the experts.

Who are the experts?
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#7 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:27 PM

I think Bruce Weinke was there last year talking about Decompression. Most people around the world consider him an expert.

But none of this matters. Some will go and have a good time. Some won't go. Life marches on. Personally, I go to the NACD, NSSCDS, GUE, and any other conferences I can go to. I enjoy meeting people and talking, and asking questions and learning new things.

#8 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

Is this the same Bruce Weinke who is a member of the NAUI Technical Training Advisory Board?
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#9 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:27 PM

Yes.

#10 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:08 PM

Is this the same Bruce Weinke who is a member of the NAUI Technical Training Advisory Board?

yeah, same guy. when he isn't working out the physics of nuclear bombs at Los Alamos he puts his brainpower into his brainchild, RGBM.
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#11 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

yeah, same guy. when he isn't working out the physics of nuclear bombs at Los Alamos he puts his brainpower into his brainchild, RGBM.

Dang acronyms! :welcome:

The "RGBM" acronym stands for the "Reduced Gradient Bubble Model." Click here for an RGBM Overview and Update 2005 by Wienke.

#12 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:03 PM

Dang acronyms! :lol:

The "RGBM" acronym stands for the "Reduced Gradient Bubble Model." Click here for an RGBM Overview and Update 2005 by Wienke.

You might have picked the wrong sport if you don't like acronyms....scuba,bcd,psi,wob,ppo2 to name but a few

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users