• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2007 Travel....Dreams and Realities

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:19 PM

Travel in 2007 Update:

Hey everyone...I know you are all excited and ready for the 2007 calendar to get finalized and firmed up! Afterall its time to start saving money and getting time off work! :birthday: We wanted to give you some updates regarding travel in 2007 and we'll keep you posted as we learn more.

Airfare:

The airlines are also worried about 'future' travel and some carriers are adding or talking about adding fuel surcharges to tickets if fuel continues to skyrocket. They typically do not release rates for the future outside of 360 to 365 days. So for a trip in Dec 2007 we still have to wait before we can book our air.

Discounts, Deals and Savings:

Once a year the diving industry offers its 'Deals, Discounts and Savings' to the industry at an annual tradeshow. Usually this show is in October but this year it is in November. Due to the late start of the show this year it is unclear if vendors will wait to release their travel specials in November or release them early to interested parties. Once we know we'll have a better chance for getting those great signature deals SD is famous for! And yes I'll try to get them as early as I can...gotta get you 'our' specials as soon as its possible!

Landbased & Liveaboard Dates:

When and wherever possible we will lock into the land based and liveaboard dates for the trips we plan to take in 2007. You'll be able to secure them and once they are set...published....and one person signs up for it...the date will not change. And if for any reason it does...SD or the vendor will pay for the change. So yes your vacation is secure with us!

Polls and Surveys:

SingleDivers.com will try to closely match trips to the desires of its members. We will facilitate that by the use of polls, surveys and of course threads on the topic of where to travel too in 2007. Your participation is greatly appreciated as it will help us offer the destinations and trips that you want to go on. And it will allow us to more readily fill them which as you know is critical.

A few final thoughts....

We just want to thank each one of you for your support, your patronage, your enthusiasm and your loyalty. SingleDivers.com is entering into its 3rd year and is striving to be better than its been, both through its members and through its service and value to its 'diving family'. And yes...it touches our heart when we know that because of a trip we led, or someone we helped to go on a trip, that 'magic' happened...whether that be new dive buddies...or a trip full of laughter or even meeting that special someone...it makes all the hard work 'more than worth it'!

So from us to you... :birthday:
SingleDivers.com Staff and Administration

10-25-06 DEMA is right around the corner and we'll have the balance of our 2007 and part of 2008 planned soon.

For the first part of the year we are looking at the Northern Carribean again i.e. Saba, St Kitts & Statia, Tabago, and several other Caribbean destinations.

Also we want to do a NE Dive Weekend and a CA Dive Weekend this year as well as St Lawrence Dive Weekend and a PNW Dive Weekend.

Trips being scheduled so far for 2007:

Jan - Cruise or Cozumel - Final details week of Oct 23rd
Feb
Mar - Palau (Hotel and diving set, finalizing air options)
Apr
May - Looking SERIOUSLY at Red Sea for our European Members as well as those from the US
June - Grenada Singles Week Sept 9-16
July - NC 4th of July weekend, & Flower Gardens
Aug - Cooper River first weekend in Aug, & Holbox & Mexico (Cozumel or Playa)
Sept - Phillipines Sept 18-30 and (????? & another possible Singles Week)
Oct - Technical Diving Week in Grenada for both classes and those already certified & NC
Nov
Dec - Australia

Between now and the end of the month I should have most of the calendar firmed up. It is difficult with the trade's only travel & equipment show in November this year but I'm pushing for dates and pricing regardless. Kamala

Edited by WreckWench, 25 October 2006 - 12:02 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:39 PM

Kamala,

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear what's going on and helps us better understand what you guys do in order to make a decision on a trip.

Scott

:birthday:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#3 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:18 PM

I'm currently concentrating on the GBR trip [see post], and should make a decision by Feb 1. Enjoyed the FG July trip, would like to see a similar trip next year, hopefully timed to coincide w/ coral spawn. Otherwise, I am perfectly content in joining in on anything which might come along. Couldn't make Singles week, but I just booked a week in Roatan 6-13Jan07, which was a better fit with my schedule.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:02 PM

Trips being scheduled so far for 2007:

Jan - Cruise or Cozumel
Feb
Mar - Palau
Apr
May
June
July - NC 4th of July weekend, Flower Gardens
Aug - Cooper River first weekend in Aug, Holbox & Mexico (Cozumel or Playa)
Sept - (Philipines or Grenada or? & Singles Week)
Oct
Nov
Dec - Australia

Between now and the end of the month I should have most of the calendar firmed up. It is difficult with the trade's only travel & equipment show in November this year but I'm pushing for dates and pricing regardless. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:03 AM

singles week please, in roatan as most likely the first time frame i wanted to go isnt going to be possible for me, so september would be better.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:19 PM

singles week please, in roatan as most likely the first time frame i wanted to go isnt going to be possible for me, so september would be better.

We are also contacting other resorts to do MORE Singles weeks in other places!

formerly...

#7 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:08 PM

WW, I think this is a really good idea. I really enjoyed the trip to Roatan and the whole format of the singles week, but I can't really see myself attending again at Fantasy Island. There are so many other places out there (and I've never been to any of them) that I don't think I'd do a repeat to any one location. As for other locales, I don't know, but the price was right on the last trip.

We are also contacting other resorts to do MORE Singles weeks in other places!

#8 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

captn

i see your point, rotan is just one place on my list of places to go, just about anywhere in the carribean would be fine for me. but the pirate theme is one that could be repeated as it doesnt get old... arrrgh.

i would second the price point from this trip (with airfare) being just right.

FWIW

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#9 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:04 PM

I have to agree with doing the singles week somewhere other than the Fantasy Island resort. The Fantasy Island resort has a lot of potential, but they have much much room for improvement before I ever consider returning there. Greneda sounds good. Maybe the Caymans.

#10 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:10 PM

I have to agree with doing the singles week somewhere other than the Fantasy Island resort. The Fantasy Island resort has a lot of potential, but they have much much room for improvement before I ever consider returning there. Greneda sounds good. Maybe the Caymans.

Somewhere (anywhere) that doesn't have flat bottomed boats :P
"

#11 Designated Diver

Designated Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:A.I.
  • Logged Dives:310

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:56 PM

Count me In for a trip this year any where I can blow bubbles. OOPS i dont want to "blow bubbles" I want to dive....LOL

I'm am in for the SD at the flower gardens once more so let me know early for that one.

Edited by Designated Diver, 22 September 2006 - 02:58 PM.

Ken... "Designated Diver"

Work like you don't need the MONEY.
Live like there is no tomorrow.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody is watching.

#12 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:56 AM

Kamala,

I loved your enthusiasm on the SD Fantasy Island Singles week and the crowd was great. I really enjoyed myself and hope to dive with ya ‘al soon.

I really wanted to do the Australia Liveaboard in Dec, but I have serious educational commitments and that week is the week I have to make 2 presentation (accessed) and turn in two 5,000 word essays (accessed) .

Right now, I’m just reading, reading, reading….I will have a break from 16 Dec to 12 Jan 2007 and another in March 24 to 22 April. I really would like to join up with you again.

Summer, I have field school in the Isles of Scilly here in the UK – actual field work! WoooHoo!

Check it out at : http://www.bris.ac.u...cillyisles.html
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:53 AM

Cool girl...we'd LOVE to have you join us again! I'll be looking at those dates that you are available as we firm up the new calendar! -ww

formerly...

#14 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:54 AM

Is it my imagination or are airfares starting to fall a bit?

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:03 PM

Yes they are due to falling fuel and less uncertainty about the future hence my reason for working on air contracts NOW vs earlier.

Also please note the updates in the first post to the working 2007 calendar.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users