• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

C-Card Replacement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TravelBunny

TravelBunny

SD Travel Team

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Cert Level:Have been recreational diving in Mexico a handful of times.

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:06 AM

C-Card Replacement

Your certification card is your passport to fun and adventure. It is your ticket to the underwater world. It allows you to fill tanks, buy or rent equipment and book dive charters. Stores, resorts and operators accept it as verification that you have been trained, passed the tests and requirements, and you are qualified in the techniques of scuba diving.

So what do you do when you suddenly realize your card is lost as you are about to go on vacation, or worse yet, when you arrive at your destination. Do not dispair. It can be replaced, and in most cases, quite quickly if you are prepared for this situation and know what to do.

Most agencies require basically the same information to replace your card, but there are a few differences in procedures. You should become familiar with these and maintain the necessary information in your logbook. It is also comforting to know that if you lose your card while on vacation, most agencies will verify your certification by phone or fax to the resort or operator. But you will still need to replace your card as soon as you return home.

Listed below are certifying agencies, contact information, procedures and other information you may need to replace your card. We have not listed the specific costs as they vary by agency and are subject to change. Basic costs range from $10 - $20, rush processing will add an additional $0 - $20 plus overnight delivery fees. But cost is of little importance when it has to be replaced. If you do a lot of diving and/or travelling, it may be in your best interest to have an extra C-Card in advance for just such emergencies. This could help you avoid the anxiety, lost dive days and additional costs for replacing a card quickly. But if you must must replace it "on the fly", have this information available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IDEA - International Diving Educators Association
Headquarters
P.O. Box 8427
Jacksonville, FL32239
USA
Tel: 904-744-5554
Fax: 904-743-5425
ideahq@idea-scubadiving.com
http://www.idea-scubadiving.com/
Essential: Name
Helpful: Birthdate, sex, date of certification, certification number, name of instructor, instructor's certification number.
A new photograph is required for the replacement card - 1" x 1 1/3"
Requests can be made through your original dive center or directly through IDEA. Rush processing is available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISEA - International Scuba Educators Association
P.O. Box 17388
Clearwater, FL 34622
Ph. (813) 539-6491
Fax (813) 539-6491
Essential: Name and birthdate.
Helpful: Your certification number, instructor's name and/or certification number, your sex, store where certified, store number, date of certification, name of another student in your class.
New photograph required - 1" x 1 1/3"
Contact your original instructor, an ISEA affiliated dive center, or directly to the agency in writing or by phone. Rush orders are accepted.

MDEA - Multinational Diving Educators Association
PO BOX 3433
Marathon Shores, FL 33052
Tel. 305-743-6188
techdiver@uplogon.com
http://www.upbluewaterdivers.com
Helpful: Date of certification, instructor's name and/or certification number, name of affiliated dive center where you trained.
New photo for replacement card - 1" x 1 1/3"
Contact either an MDEA affiliated dive center or MDEA directly. Rush replacement is available.

NASE - National Academy of Scuba Educators
134 South Main, Suite M140
Salt Lake City, UT, USA 84101
Tel: 801-363-9274.
Fx: 801-359-4461.
http://www.naseworldwide.com
Essential: Name, name of your instructor, date of certification.
Helpful: Your sex, instructor's certification number, name of dive store where trained, store's affiliate number, name of another student from your class.
No photo information.
Contact NASE for replacement form.

NASDS - National Association of Scuba Diving Schools
1012 South Yates
Memphis, TN38119
USA
Tel: 901-767-7265
Fax: 901-767-2798
nasds@netten.net
http://www.divesafe.com/
Essential: Name, birthdate, certification date, name of dive center and instructor's name.
Helpful: Instructor's number, dive center number, your certification number and the name of another studen from your class.
Photograph needed - 1" x 3/4"
Contact your NASDS dive center or NASDS directly. You can also print a replacement card application at the NASDS website.

NAUI - National Association of Underwater Instructors
9942 Currie Davis Dr., Suite H
Tampa, FL 33619-2667
USA
Ph. (800) 553-6284
Ph. (813) 628-6284
Fax: 813-628-8253
nauihq@nauiww.org
training@nauiww.org
http://www.naui.org/
Essential: Name, date of certification, certification number, name of instructor.
Helpful: Instructor's certification number, dive store where certified, store's affiliate number, birth date, name of student from your class.
Contact your NAUI dive center or NAUI directly for replacement forms. If your certification is over 10 years old, processing will cost additional and require more time for manual search. Rush orders are available.

PADI - PADI Americas
30151 Tomas Street
Ranch Santa Margarita, CA 92688-2125
Ph. 800-729-7234 voice
Fax. 949-858-4338
http://www.padi.com
Essential: Name, certification date.
Helpful: Birthdate, certification number, instructor's name and/or certification number, dive center name, name of a student from your class.
Photo required for replacement - 1 1/2" x 1 3/4"
Contact your local dive center or you can call or write PADI directly. Address your questions to the research department. Rush orders for replacements are available.

PDIC - Professional Diving Instructors Corporation
P.O. Box 3633
Scranton, PA 18505
Ph. (717) 342-9434
Fax (717) 342-6030
Essential: Name, birthdate.
Helpful: Instructor's name and/or certification number, name of the dive center where you trained, your certification number.
Photo required - 1" x 1 1/3"
Contact any PDIC dive center, or PDIC directly by phone, fax or mail.

SSI - Scuba Schools International
2619 Canton Court
Fort Collins, CO80525-4498
USA
Tel: 970-482-0883
Fax: 970-482-6157
admin@ssiusa.com
http://www.ssiusa.com/
Essential: Name, dive center where certified.
Helpful: Certification number, birthdate, instructor's name and/or number, dive center's affiliate number, name of another studen from your class.
Photo required - 1" x 1 1/4"
Contact any SSI dive center or SSI directly.

YMCA - Young Men's Christian Association, National Scuba Program
5825-2A Live Oak Pkwy
Norcross, GA30093
USA
Tel: 770-662-5172
Fax: 770-242-9059
scubaymca@aol.com
http://www.ymcascuba.org/
Birthdate, social security number, instructor's name, your certification, place certified.
Photo required - 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
Contact YMCA directly for a replacement.
SD Travel Services...Let us meet or beat your best deal!

I specialize in ALL non-diving travel and SD's NEW special dive travel packages!

"I look forward to seeing you there and getting you there!" - Linda

Please Contact me directly at TravelBunny@SingleDivers.com or via pm!

Think PINK!.... TAKE THE PINK CHALLENGE!!! Help Kimber aka TekDiveGirl here! Thank You!!!

#2 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:05 AM

Great information to post, thanks!

I still have my original 1960's vintage c-card. I don't need it here on the island, or most places I go in SoCal. However I don't carry it on me. I created a color copy of it with my scanner and printer and carry that laminated in my wallet. That way I won't lose the original unless the house burns.

#3 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:58 AM

C-Card Replacement

PADI - PADI Americas
30151 Tomas Street
Ranch Santa Margarita, CA 92688-2125
Ph. 800-729-7234 voice
Fax. 949-858-4338
http://www.padi.com
Essential: Name, certification date.
Helpful: Birthdate, certification number, instructor's name and/or certification number, dive center name, name of a student from your class.
Photo required for replacement - 1 1/2" x 1 3/4"
Contact your local dive center or you can call or write PADI directly. Address your questions to the research department. Rush orders for replacements are available.

This is a great post - THANKS for all the research!!

For convenience, you can get a PADI replacement online VERY easily with just your birthday, name and a digital photo:
Click here for electronic PADI Replacement
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#4 Geek

Geek

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Adv. Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:53 AM

PADI has an underwater version of their cards available. If you buy one of those, and clip it to your gear or your bag, you'll be sure to have it with you when you go anywhere. There is also a similar DAN tag which is superior if you are trying to use it as a medical ID rather than a certification.

#5 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

We need to be certified? I thought if we were born before SCUBA we were grandfathered :cheerleader:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#6 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

It is also comforting to know that if you lose your card while on vacation, most agencies will verify your certification by phone or fax to the resort or operator.

If internet is available, PADI dive professionals can verify a diver's credentials instantly using PADI's online diver verification database. :cheerleader:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users