• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

12: MONA Island SINGLE'S WEEK on Nekton Dec 12-19, 09

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

Mona Island...The Galapagos of the Caribbean!! SIMPLY AMAZING!!! Its our FIRST 'Stay Warm' Single's Week with Nekton Cruises!

HURRY!!! ONLY 20 23 maybe 24 SPOTS!!! Due to the popularity of this great price these spots will not last long! Join us for our FIRST "STAY WARM THIS WINTER" Single's Week! and beat the Winter Blahs and Holiday Blues Dec 12-19th in one of the LEAST DOVE and MOST EXCITING Caribbean Destinations to recently be available to divers!!! Pay Before April 1st for a chance to WIN A FREE UPGRADE TO A SINGLE ROOM and/or FREE NITROX! in Beautiful Caribbean Waters without technically leaving the US! NO PASSPORT NEEDED! Western Puerto Rico, Desacheo & Mona Island...WOW!!! This will be a SELL OUT TRIP! So hurry... the spots are limited and will sell out quickly at this great price!

Posted Image[quote name='Nekton Diving Cruises']We are excited to partner again with SingleDivers.com and enjoy some of the best Caribbean diving without leaving the US nor needing to bring a Dive Buddy to have fun! This is our kind of group so we invite you to join us![/quote]
Posted Image

Western Puerto Rico, Desecheo and Mona Island Liveaboard for $1745 $1595 d/o NO FUEL SURCHARGE plus air to San Juan Puerto Rico SJU = airport code. (Note arrive before 7pm 5pm into SJU day of arrival and depart after 2:30 pm on day of departure from SJU. Also note that you can bring your own bottle(s) of booze on this boat so hit the duty free shops!) *Normal price is $1845 less $250 discount for PAYMENT IN FULL AT TIME OF BOOKING is ONLY $1595 + NO FUEL SURCHARGE IF BOOKED VIA SINGLEDIVERS.COM!!! And with your premier member rebate after the trip that's another $25 off. This includes the repeat customer discount! (See below for full pricing details.)This trip NOW REQUIRES PAYMENT IN FULL TO BOOK THE REMAINING SPOTS of $1595 + transfer of $125 + fees of $40. Non-Diver Pricing: <$100> less per pkg. NOTE: The package does NOT includes the transfer to and from the airport but it can be set up for a reasonable fee ($62.50 one way or $125 roundtrip..see more details below) if you arrive by 5pm on the 12th and depart no earlier than 2:30 pm on the 19th. Keep in mind that you need to arrive at the boat no later than 10:30pm even if doing a private rental car. (MORE INFO ON THE TRANSFERS POSTED BELOW!) AND BOOK AND PAY BY APRIL 1st (NO FOOLING) FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A FREE UPGRADE TO A SINGLE ROOM and/or FREE NITROX!
Posted Image

PR & Mona Island Availability Update:

SD honors a first come and first served premise that is driven by posting in our community. Once a trip has been filled from the "My Check & Documents in the Mail List" with CONFIRMED deposits/payments we will open an official waiting list for the trip. As openings occur we'll open up the Waiting List for add'l trip participants. Only deposited members will decrease the number of spots on the trip. Only members who have sent their deposit or paid for the trip TIMELY and have sent in their documents TIMELY i.e. Trip Waiver and Trip Survey will be moved to the official "Who's Going" list. Please note that while you may send pm and email requests for availability, the official availability is only available in the main trip post. Thank You! -ww
[quote]Limited Package Availability (must state pkg registering for at time of booking or booking is not valid. NOTE THAT THIS IS THE OFFICIAL AVAILABILITY LISTING):
Nekton PilotRorqual Western PR & Mona Liveaboard Pkg $1745 $1595: 20 are avail - PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR WHO'S SIGNED UP!
Nekton Pilot Rorqual NITROX Pkg $195: 12 13 are avail - (SEE MASTER LIST BELOW FOR AVAILBILITY AND WHO HAS NITROX ON THIS TRIP NOTE: NITROX SOLD OUT!!! )
left. (NOTE: You must pay for the nitrox at the time of reservation if you want it. ONLY PAID NITROX passengers by April 1st will be eligible for the FREE NITROX drawing. The price of the nitrox will be refunded to the winner.)[/quote]

Click here for map of boat and room locations: MAP

Who's Going:

PRICE SUMMARY: $1745 $1595 pkg (some discounts applied during the year) $195 nitrox, $0 fuel + $20 port + $20 com fee + $125 r/t shuttle fee

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench - Dallas, TX d/o
(PD $1745- $75 Early Booking Disc - Female share cabin confirmed)
Nitrox-PD $195
Waiver/Survey/Nekton docs rec'd
Arr 1:35 pm 12/12 - Dpt 2:45 pm 12/19

2. Dave aka DaveL - S/O
Dep $1550
Nitrox - Pd $195
Round Trip Shuttle - $125 Pd
Comm & Port Fees - Pd $40
SingleSupplement - $226.00 Paid
Dive Insurance Current: YES
Trip Insurance:
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
Survey/Waiver/Nekton Docs Rec'd
Arr 2:26 pm 12/12 - Dpt 3:40 pm 12/19

3. Diana aka Ladydi, CO - D/O
Pmt $2500
Round Trip Shuttle - Pd $125
Comm & Port Fees - PD $40
Trip Insurance:
aI have trip insurance that covers this trip already thru DAN.
Survery, Waiver & Nekton Doc Rec'd
Arr 5:37 pm 12/12 - Dpt 5:15 pm 12/19

4. Ignacio aka snowflake eel - D/O
Pmt $2105 = $1745 d/o pd
Nitrox $195 pd
Round Trip Shuttle - $125 pd
Comm & port fees - $40 PD
Trip Insurance:
Survey, Waiver & Nekton Doc Rec'd
Arr 3:20 pm 12/12 - Dpt 4:00 pm 12/19

5. Joseph "Butch" aka Cajun Diver: D/O
Paid $1495 ($1745-$250 discounts,
Nitrox $195 Pd
Comm & Port Fees - $40 Pd
Trip Insurance:
Survey/Waiver Rec'd
Arr 9:58 pm 12/11 - Dpt 10:00 am, 12/20

6. Susan aka Resqdew: D/O
Pd 1892.50
Nitrox - Pd $195
One Way Transfer from SJU on 12/12 - $62.50 Pd
Trip Insurance:
Survey/Waiver/Nekton Docs Rec'd
Arr 12/10 - Dpt 12/28

7. Phil aka DiverPhil06: D/O
Paid Boat Directly
Nitrox - $195 PD
Rent-A-Buddy - $150 ???
Dive Insurance Current:
Trip Insurance:
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
c. I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly.
Survey/Waiver Rec'd
Driving

7. Matt aka Rumblebee: D/O
Paid $1495 ($1745-$250 discounts
Nitrox $195 Pd
Return Shuttle Only - $62.50 Pd
Comm & Port Fees - Pd $40
Trip Insurance:
Rec'd Nekton waiver/SD Waiver/Survey
Arr Mayaguez @ 6:47 pm 12/12 - Dpt 3:33 pm 12/19

8. Lynn aka GreenTurtle: D/O
Paid $1760
Nitrox - Pd $195
Com & Port Fees - $40 Pd
Trip Insurance:
Survey/Waiver & Nekton Doc Rec'd
Arr 9:59 pm 12/11 - Dpt 3:10 am 12/20

9. Larry "Mike" aka Coziac: D/O
Pd $1955
Nitrox - $195 PD
Com & Port Fees - $40 Pd
Trip Insurance:
Survey, Waiver & Nekton Waivers Rec'd
Arr 12/11 @ 9:58 pm - Dpt 12/20 @ 7:50 am

10. Dirce aka HappyMoray: D/O
$1760 Pd,
Round Trip Shuttle- $125 Pd
Com & Port Fees = $40 Pd
Trip Insurance:
Survey/Waiver/Nekton Forms Rec'd
Arr 3:24 pm 12/12/- Dpt 7:15 pm 12/20

11. Joel aka DivingJoel: D/O
Pd $1760
Nitrox - $195 Pd
Dive Insurance Current: DAN
Trip Insurance:
Survey/Waier Rec'd
Arr 12:07 pm 12/12, Dpt 5:30 pm 12/19

12. Alan aka uwphotoer: D/O
Paid $1595
Shuttle: $125 PD
Comm & Port Fees: $40 PD
Trip Insurance:
Survey/Waiver Rec'd
Arr 12/12 @ 4:22 pm - Dpt 12/19 @ 3:55 pm

13. Joe aka ThatJoeGuy: D/O
Paid $1955
Nitrox - $195 Pd

Trip Insurance:
Survey/Waiver Rec'd
Arr 12:16 pm 12/12 - Dpt 6:30 pm 12/19

14. Michael aka 69Charger: D/O
Paid Boat Directly
Shuttle
Com & Port Fees
Dive Insurance Current:
Trip Insurance:
Survey/Waiver Rec'd
Arr 11:30 12/12 - Dpt 7:15 12/19

Payment Received but Docs Outstanding (won't be moved to the Who's Going List until docs rec'd):

15. Kate aka KateP GA: D/O
Paid $1745
Nitrox $195 Pd
Comm & Port fees - $40 pd Non-Cash fees Pd
Rent-A-Buddy: $150 Pd
Dive Insurance Current:
Trip Insurance:
Need Docs
Arr 1:04 pm 12/12 - Dpt 3:33 pm, 12/19

16. Dan aka Scubatooth: D/O
Paid $1892
Nitrox: $195 PD
Shuttle One Way: $62.50 Pd
Com & Port Fees: $40 Pd
Dive Insurance Current:
Trip Insurance:
Need Docs
Need Detailed Flight Info

17. Nancy aka Scubagoat: D/O
$1635 Paid
Shuttle: Does not need transfers
Com & Port Fees: $40 Pd
Dive Insurance Current:
Trip Insurance:
Need Docs

18. Que aka Sea Urchin: D/O
Trip: $1595 PD
Nitrox
Shuttle: $125 PD
Com & Port Fees: $40 PD
Dive Insurance Current:
Trip Insurance:
Need Docs & $$

Payment & Docs in the mail:

Nitrox
Shuttle
Com & Port Fees
Dive Insurance Current:
Trip Insurance:
Need Docs & $$

Trip Instructor:
Trip Videographer:
Trip Photographer:

Those Wanting Classes:
1. Phil aka DiverPhil06

Those Who Have PAID for Nitrox and therefore taken a slot (NOTE: There are only 12 13 nitrox pkgs available for this trip and you must pay for it in full at time of reservation to book them. This will be a quick listing but use the summary box above for actual availability. The FREE WINNER will be drawn on April 2nd from the list of those paid in full by April 1st for nitrox! The winner will be refunded their price paid for the nitrox. ):

1. Kamala aka WreckWench YES Nitrox PD $195 and confirmed
2. Dave aka DaveL - PD
3. Matt aka Rumblebee - PD
4. Butch aka CajunDiver PD
5. Kate aka Kate P - PD
6. Ignacio aka snowflake eel - PD
7. Phil aka DiverPhil06 - PD
8. Mike aka Coziac - PD
9. Susan aka Resqdew - PD
10. Ann aka Nekton Direct Guest PD
11. Lynn aka GreenTurtle - PD
12. Joe aka ThatJoeGuy - PD
13. Dan aka ScubaTooth - PD

NITROX SOLD OUT after 13 spots are taken!

NITROX WAITING LIST:

1. Dan aka Scubatooth

Those Wanting Roundtrip Shuttle $125 vs renting your own car or taking private taxi:
1. Kamala aka wreckwench Paid $125 Shuttle Roundtrip
2. Dave aka DaveL - PD
3. Diana aka Ladydi - PD
4. Matt aka Rumblebee - Return shuttle only - PD
5. Butch aka CajunDiver - PD
6. Kate aka Kate_P - PD
7. Ignacio aka snowflake eel - PD
8. Susan aka Resqdew - PR to Boat shuttle only - PD
9. Lynn aka GreenTurtle - PD
10. Mike aka Coziac - PD
11. Dirce aka HappyMoray - PD
12. Joe aka ThatJoeGuy - PD
13. Joel aka DivingJoel - PD
14. Dan aka Scubatooth - one way only - PD
15. Que aka Sea Urchin - PD
16. Alan aka uwphotoer - PD

Those wanting to Dive A Cochran for DAN Research for FREE and chance at great deal if buying one!:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Kate aka Kate P
3. Joe aka Thatjoeguy

Those wanting to participate in SD's Rent-A-Buddy program (limited # of Participants):

Those Celebrating a Milestone on this Trip (Birthday, Significant Dive, Etc):

Those interested but not ready to commit:

1. Colleen aka lileire
2. Bruce aka ScubaShafer
3. Wendy aka SeaLioness
4. Victoria aka TexasStarfish
5. Matt aka Ducoop
6. Scott aka Cmdr Clownfish
7. Joan aka MetriRN
8. Jim aka UP Diver
9. Teresa aka Mermaidlady

Waiting List:
NOTE: Currently we have spots available so there is no waiting list.

WHAT YOU'LL SEE:

We'll dive Isla Mona, Isla Monito and Isla Desecheo. Mona Island, is considered by many as the "Galapagos of the Caribbean" and features fascinating rare animal life including rare birds, iguanas and prolific marine life below. One Government official said, "You can't dive there - those are shark infested waters". The Nekton Crew said "That Sounds Great!"

The underwater world of these unique islands is closer in feel to Eastern Pacific diving except the water is much warmer (80 degrees or better) and you will see warm water, hard and soft corals, as well as incredible number of sponges, sea fans, sea whips, etc. presented in a way very different from typical Caribbean dive sites.

Much of the diving is off of the shear cliffs and wave swept boulders calved from the cliffs. Because of the waves, currents and proximity to hard vertical surfaces, much of the diving requires good buoyancy control and proper functioning equipment providing the ability to descend quickly, swim under the wave zone, enjoy the dive and swim away from the wave zone surfacing in the calmer water well off the cliff. For your diving efforts you will be rewarded with abundant sea life including sea turtles too numerous to count, sharks on nearly every dive and fish life of every description.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

To see this amazing destination...Puerto Rico...click HERE for some wonderful pictures that Dan aka ScubaTooth took! :helpsmily:

Nekton Pilot YouTube Video - Mona Island

SCHEDULED ITINERARY

While each Western PR and Mona Island cruise may vary due to weather and conditions, the outline below will give you a good feel for the exciting week in store for you!
Posted Image
Days Prior to start of our trip: If you wish to arrive early in San Juan PR or want to combine other diving adventures in conjunction with this one let us know. NOTE: While we can pass Nekton's Frequent Diver Discounts onto you if you book travel privately with us this special price is so good that it exceeds the Frequent Diver Discount so will not apply to this trip. If you wish to do a back to back let us know and we'll check for a possible discount for you. Or if you wish to book another Nekton trip we can always get you any discounts given by the boat + a few of our own!
Dec 12 Saturday: Your week begins by arriving in Mayaguez MAZ (yes you can fly directly into Mayaguez via Cape Air or at the modern San Juan International Airport SJU which is serviced by several airlines with regular jet service. Since Puerto Rico and the Mona Islands are commonwealth territory of the United States, typical immigration and customs hassles are non-existent for US citizens. If you choose to fly to San Juan (SJU), there are several transfer options for the 3+ hour ride to the west coast port of Mayaguez. OR YOU CAN FLY DIRECTLY INTO MAYAGUEZ (MAZ). One may rent a car, arrange for a private transfer, or ride in a shared van with other Nekton guests (the shuttle price is listed below also note that the shared shuttle will require a wait as other Nekton guests arrive.Currently it is set to leave at 7pm 5:45 pm and we will have 1 van which will carry all passengers going to Mayazuez. So plan to do some sight seeing in San Juan or bring a good book if you hang out at the airport.) If you arrive to Mayaquez via plane or private rental car you can shop/sightsee this pretty little city. Taxis are available from the Port of Mayaguez to the quaint shops and cafes of old Mayaguez. Dinner is served onboard the NEKTON and boarding begins at 7:00 pm. (NOTE we are not anticipated to arrive until 10 or 10:30 via the shared shuttle.) Later that night the vessel gets underway for the first destination of Isla Desecheo.
Dec 13 Sunday: Isla Desecheo is a tall mountain-like island with steeply rising slopes and a low-lying shoreline including a couple of beautiful protected coves which are great for kayaking. The lee side or western shore diving includes shallow patch reefs with profiles to 10 feet. This will be your first introduction to the prolific basket sponges of this unique area. Everywhere you look, you will see basket sponges of all sizes in both individual stands and mass colonies. Your first morning dives will typically be on the choppier north side, weather permitting, at a very dramatic site called Hobbit House. Here you will enjoy many swim-throughs under island-born boulders morphed by centuries of reef building. The end result is an enchanting odyssey not soon forgotten. The morning will pass all too quickly as even two dives will not seem like enough to fully explore this area. The afternoon will usually see the vessel move to the Eastern sites with easy, shallow day and night dives as well as kayaking, and snorkeling.
Dec 14 Monday: The morning is usually spent on a deep mini-wall with the mooring on top at 80 feet and the mini-wall dropping to below 130'. Enjoy a majestic 45 degree face of hard and soft corals teeming with life. Finish up the day on OMC reef. Start conserving your dive energy for the high energy diving on Mona Island and Isla Monito.
Dec 15 Tuesday: Your day starts with a first look at Mona Island diving on the southwest side of the island. Here is your first introduction to the numerous turtles of the area including the endangered Hawksbill and Leatherback. Be sure to look for tags under their front flippers as the four island rangers, the Department of Natural Resources and the Puerto Rican Universities do a great job of tracking the local populations. The afternoon brings the boat to that "One Particular Harbor" with great shallow diving.
Dec 16 Wednesday: The boat repositions to the northeast side of Mona Island for a day of cliff diving - Isla Mona style! Enjoy expansive underwater caves, fallen boulders as big as a house, and intense fish populations. Feel the reverberation of the Atlantic swells unloading their energy on the cliffs above. Diving on this day is a little more advanced in that one prefers to swim to and from the wall in the calmer waters below the wave zone and avoid getting caught up in the washing machine working on full spin above.
Dec 17 Thursday: Enjoy a morning drift dive off Isla Monita for some colorful and dramatic cliff diving. Isla Monita, the smallest and most vertical of the islands, is so steep and deep that mooring or anchoring is not possible. There is the possibility of seeing just about anything here where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean Sea.
Dec 18 Friday: Morning dive at "The Isthmus" (80') and afternoon dives at Boqueron Reef (50'-65') along the southwest coast of Puerto Rico. A beautiful sandy beach lined with palm trees and a quaint town has made Boqueron a favorite for locals and cruising yachtsmen alike. The bay is shallow, protected and accommodates scores of sailboats. Enjoy an evening ashore where you'll find many inexpensive restaurants and bars and a couple of more "civilized" options. This is a great spot to unwind from a week at sea. Enjoy some music and a "cheeseburger in paradise" or John's recommendation, "lobster sauce pasta" at Galloways. Remember dinner is on your own on Friday evening in Boqueron.
Dec 19 Saturday: The boat has arrived back at the dock. Disembarkation is at 8:00 am. We will transport you and your gear back to the airport in San Juan. NOTE: Please schedule flights AFTER 3PM and REMEMBER DAN's recommended waiting period between repetitive diving and flying.
Additional Tours:If you want to book add'l tours after our trip let us know! We'll have a full list of them posted soon.

[quote name='More about Diving Western PR and Mona Island:'] Boat Diving Its ALL Boat Diving and few if ANY day boat operators. The crossing is generally too rough for a small boat. This means the NEKTON has these amazing destinations to itself! Shore Diving There will be no shorediving on this trip as it is a liveaboard offering 4-5 dives daily. Night Diving You can do a night dive every night of the trip that one is possible and we are not doing a crossing or on the last day before departure. Max Depth: 130 ft Water Temp: ave low 80's degrees F Air Temp: high 70's to 80's - degrees. However, water temp can be a degree or so lower than air temp so you may want to bring a boat coat to stay warm between dives.[/quote]
Posted Image

PACKAGES INCLUDE:

Nekton "STAY WARM" Package

$1745 USD $1595 (does not include $25 premier member rebate you can take after the trip nor the $75 early bird booking special if paid in full by Feb 14th or CHANCE TO WIN FREE UPGRADE TO SINGLE ROOM and/or FREE NITROX IF PAID BY APRIL 1st!!)

Western PR & Mona Island Dec 12-19th, 2009:
• 7 nights/5 1/2 diving days d/o room
• SD Famous 'Meet & Greet Get To Know Everyone' Parties
• Air fills, tanks, lead and weight belt
• ALL onboard meals and snacks, refreshments, water, juice, tea, coffee
• SD T-Shirt commemorating the trip!
• Daily SD.com H20 Happy Hours (Don't forget to bring a bottle of your favorite booze(s) via the duty free shop on the way or while we stop for snacks and beverages on the way to the boat!
• Diving Gifts and Giveaways from various SD Vendor Partners as available

PACKAGES DO NOT INCLUDE:

• Airfare to San Juan Puerto Rico SJU
• Sodas, Diversitea, bottled water and alcohol
• Possibly (1) meal not covered onboard the boat (the day of arrival depending on when you arrive. We'll request snacks for those arriving at 10 or 10:30pm HOWEVER WE RECOMMEND YOU GET SOME FAST FOOD ON THE DRIVE FROM SJU AS WELL AS ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES FOR THE WEEK ON THE BOAT!
• $62.50 one way shared Shuttle from San Juan to Mayaguez* (Payable to SD.com)
• $125 roundtrip shared Shuttle from San Juan to Mayaguez* (Payable to SD.com)
• $20 Port Change (Payable to SD.com)
• $0 yes $0 Fuel surcharge for SD.com bookings ONLY!
• $20 Communication fee (Payable to SD.com)
• Optional Sightseeing in Puerto Rico (see tripadvisor.com for what to do and we'll use the thread to help plan groups of people sightseeing while waiting for the 7pm shuttle.)
• Nitrox upgrade ($195 for the week payable in full at time of reservation as there are only 13 nitrox slots available so must be paid in full to be reserved) (Payable to SD.com)
• Rental, instruction and retail charges (SD will have an instructor on this trip so consider doing that cert you've always wanted!)
• Crew gratuities usually 10% to 15% of base pkg or approx $175 to $225
• 3% non-cash fee on all payments per transaction that are made via credit card or credit card.
• Trip Insurance is OPTIONAL BUT STRONGLY ENCOURAGED If you miss the boat you've missed the trip! (see the end of this post for 2 great insurance links)

• Dive Insurance is MANDATORY. We recommend both Diver's Alert Network use reference or Dive Assure and get your Dive Insurance and Trip Insurance in one policy.
SD's Rent-A-Buddy: Have your own private DM as your dive buddy and coach. Want to polish your skills? Reinforce what you just learned in your certification dives? Improve your air consumption? Then hire a dive coach/private guide for your trip! $50 per day or $150 for 5 days diving.

* Shuttle service between the Airport and your Nekton Liveaboard is NOT included but as a courtesy can be arranged by Nekton Diving Cruises for a nominal fee. (SD will help arrange this with the boat if you let us know you want it and you provide us your flight details. Price is $125 round trip or $62.50 each way. The shuttle will leave at 5pm so you need to arrive before 5pm. Leaving at 5pm puts us at the Boat around 8:30 to 9pm. If you arrive early consider doing some sightseeing and we'll use the thread to see who else wants to do that.) Return fights can not be earlier than 3pm or the AA 2:40 flight due to the 3 hr drive back to the airport, customs issues and standard airport time margins.

OPTIONAL:

Non-diver discount: Less $100 USD
Nitrox pricing: $195.00 USD Payable at time of Booking since there are only 13 nitrox slots available on this trip. (Payable to SD.com)

Dive equipment rental: Wet suit, regulator/octopus, computer, Buoyancy compensator, mask/snorkel/fins. Please inquire in advance as supplies are limited. estimated daily rental $TBA USD

Single Supplement Nekton: 50% of the pkg price per person add'l price on top of the base d/o price so $872.50 extra

DISCOUNTS:

• Trip includes a $100 cash discount for anyone joining this trip courtesy of Nekton Diving Cruises and SingleDivers.com!
• $25 rebate eligible after trip for SD premier and above membership levels (See my signature for link to the forms forum. If you are new to the site send an email to trips@singledivers.com to get the password.)
• $100 discount included in $1595 price if you are REPEAT Nekton Diver!
• Sign up and pay for this trip in full by Feb 14th and receive an early bird booking discount of $75 at time of booking.
• [b]BOOK AND PAY BY APRIL 1ST FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A FREE UPGRADE TO A SINGLE ROOM and/or FREE NITROX!!![/b] :cool1:
• Add'l $25 Active Duty Military Discount for any active duty military of any country that fights for freedom.
• Deposit is a $500 per person non-refundable deposit. (Deposit can be refunded via claims on your trip insurance if you have to cancel or by selling your spot to a non-SD.com member. Ask SD for help.)
• Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via any non-cash methods including paypal or credit card.

TRANSFERS:

As mentioned above transfers from the Airport and your Nekton Liveaboard are NOT included but as a courtesy can be arranged by Nekton Diving Cruises for a nominal fee of $62.50 one way or $125 roundtrip. This MUST be set up in advance and paid for in advance. Remember you must be at the airport no later than 5pm if you want to participate in the shared shuttle. (SD will help arrange this with the boat if you let us know you want it and you provide us your flight details.) If you choose to take a private rental car, you must be at the boat no later than 10:00pm.

AIRFARE:

Airfare is not included but there are good fares to San Juan where you need to fly in and out of. If you want SingleDivers.com to book your ticket for you we are happy to do so for a $25 courtesy fee. Also look into booking directly into Mayaquez MAZ. The total air price is cheaper than the shuttle in some cases.

VISA INFORMATION:

Per Nekton's webiste No passport is required for US Citizens to dive either Eastern Puerto Rico or St Croix. If traveling from other countries you will need a passport to enter. You will clear customs in PR and you will need proof of legal identity.

HOW TO BOOK A SPOT ON THIS TRIP:
1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and advise your check or credit card payment is on its way via our NEW SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY. (SEE PAYMENT LINK BELOW.) You MUST tell us that your payment is coming and when you plan to arrive or we can NOT accept your booking until you do. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we will NOT hold any spots on this trip. Your spot will ONLY BE CONFIRMED when we receive your PAYMENT IN FULL DUE TO TIMING OF THE TRIP.) - To post on the site you need to register as a member of the site. Registration is free or if you want to upgrade, premier membership levels are available for as little as $35 a year and you can get $25 back after the trip as a member rebate. Click here to learn more.
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Waiver which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to trips@singledivers.com for the password.). If you cut & paste the Survey into a WORD document and type in your responses, please save it in an older format (.doc, and not .docx) since most of our volunteers have an older version of MS Word, which cannot read Office 7 documents. Alternatively, you can cut & paste the Survey into the body of an email. Send the Survey to trips@singledivers.com, and fax the completed Waiver to(864) 944-6769.
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact kamala@singledivers.com and I'll gladly try to work with you.
4. We need to know what package you are doing as spaces are limited by member choices. We need to know if you need rental gear, and if you want d/o or s/o for any portion of the trip. (Since this is a liveaboard and the s/o fee is prohibitive...we assume you want d/o but please specify to be clear. Also let us know if you are using the shuttle etc. You MUST include as much of this information as possible with your initial reservation. YOU MUST INCLUDE IF YOU ARE USING THE SHUTTLE AND SEND YOUR FLIGHT DETAILS ASAP SO WE CAN ARRANGE THE TRANSFERS FOR YOU!
5. You will also need to verify if you have trip insurance or will be procuring trip insurance or conversely not procuring trip insurance. All participants must have Current Dive Insurance and state one of the following:
6. Please note that while you may send pm and email requests for availability, the "official" availability is only accurate in the main trip post. For more information on SingleDivers.com, booking policies, etc please read here.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:
SingleDivers.com has implemented a new secure payment gateway that allows you to pay for trips or merchandise using either an e-check which debits your checking account directly without having to mail in a check or debits your credit card without having to fill out a SD.com credit card authorization form. (Please note that any non-US bank originating credit card must still use the paper credit card authorization form as different processing procedures must be followed to process international/non-US credit cards.)

SingleDivers.com provides its members with pricing that reflects all possible cash discounts so any payments via credit card or paypal will still incur a 3% non-cash convenience fee. Our payment gateway which you can access by clicking the PAY SD NOW button below is not a shopping cart and therefore can not total your trip choices nor add the 3% non-cash convenience fee if you are paying via credit card. You will need to enter that data manually to proceed with your payment.

This trip should sell out fairly soon, so in order to ensure timely & accurate processing of payment receipts and therefore timely & accurate acceptance of members onto the trip, ONLY PAYMENTS RECEIVED VIA OUR NEW SECURE PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS ON THIS TRIP!

If you are unable to use the gateway please provide a complete description of the problem/error you are encountering and contact kamala@singledivers.com or 864-557-6079 immediately to manually process your payment for you.

Please add a 3% non-cash convenience fee if paying via paypal or credit card or any non-cash option. Checks, money orders and real cash are discounted already.

International/ Non-US Clients: Please use the traditional written credit authorization form to submit credit card payments. Click here for the form and ask trips@singledivers.com for the password.

PAYMENT TERMS & SCHEDULE:
ASAP: $1595 TRIP PAYMENT AND TRANSFERS & FEES DUE IMMEDIATELY in order to secure a spot. No spot will be secured until money is rec'd via our Secure Payment Gateway.

PROGRESS PAYMENTS:

a. $500 non-refundable deposit due at booking to hold a spot
b. Pay in FULL by Feb 14th 2009 for $75 cash discount taken at time of booking
c. Pay in FULL by April 1st 2009 for CHANCE TO WIN FREE UPGRADE TO SINGLE ROOM AND/OR FREE NITROX!
d. Apr 10, 2009: $500
e. July 10, 2009: $500
f. Oct 10, 2009: $245 + $0 fuel + $20 port + $20 com fee + $125 shuttle fee = $410
d. Nitrox $195 Payable at time of Booking Nitrox on a first paid first served basis

Note: Trip must be paid in full 90 days prior to departure. THEREFORE PAYMENT IS DUE IN FULL IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN US!

TRIP INSURANCE VS GAMBLING LOSSES:

Hey folks if you are gamblers and opt to NOT take out trip insurance during hurricane season that is great! However please understand that the resort/dive operator nor SingleDivers.com can help you out with your gambling losses.

SD.com accepts a huge amount of liability to fill ALL the trips we run OR EAT THE SPOTS. :-D I can assure you that I have paid plenty of gambling losses this year. But I won't gamble with my life (I have both DAN and DIVE ASSURE for Dive Insurance) and I won't gamble with my trips...(I have the annual policy by DIVE ASSURE which covers ALL MY DIVE TRIPS!)

So the choice is yours....bet on no hurricanes, no accidents, no illness, no deaths in the family, no job loss, no immediate death/injury to yourself* ...and laugh in the end when your bet pays off. But when it does not...PLEASE :pray: PLEASE :pray: PLEASE do not expect the resort nor dive operator nor SingleDivers.com to refund your money because your bet did not pan out. :helpsmily:

NOTE: One of the reason's we have you finalize your extras and pay for everything by 30-60 days out is so you have more flexibiity getting trip insurance. Please take a moment TODAY to do this important task. :thankyou:

*If you think it can't happen to you please think again...sadly we just lost a member going on the 10-09 Galapagos trip that MANDATED TRIP INSURANCE and yet sadly he never got it before his tragic demise. :tears:

PLEASE obtain trip insurance - IT IS OPTIONAL BUT STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR THIS TRIP ...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. REMEMBER IF YOU MISS THE BOAT….YOU MISS THE TRIP! You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc .

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!

or

Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

PLEASE obtain DIVE insurance - IT IS MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIP ...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for.

Click here for Diver's Alert Network and use our reference ID 1603080.

or

Click here for Dive Assure where you can get BOTH TRIP & DIVE insurance in one convenient package!

[quote=Nekton Promotion][font="Comic Sans MS"]REALLY COOL EARLY BOOKING PROMOTION:

&

Attached Files

Edited by ScubaPunk, 12 December 2009 - 01:13 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:

1. School Supplies: As is our tradition we take school supplies on our trips to the under priviledged children of the countries we visit while diving and Western Puerto Rico is no exception. We will have several orphanages to bring relief to. (The boat will be helping us to deliver the school supplies.)
So PLEASE keep your eye out for school supplies on sale as these items are extremely expensive in the countries we visit. Remember a child can play with a can or a box and use great imagination pretending it is a castle, fort, car or space capsule. But they can not make do as well when they need school supplies so that they can learn and better themselves.

2. Check out these reviews: TBA

FAQ - check here often!

Q. What is the earliest I can arrive to the boat?
A. 7pm is the earliest you can arrive.

Q. Where exactly is the boat located if I am getting there on my own?

Q. What is the actual transfer fee from the airport to the boat and back?
A. It is $125 round trip or $62.50 each way.

Q. How long is the shuttle ride to the boat and from the boat to the airport?
A. Depending on stops and traffic approx 3 hour to 3 hours and 30 minutes. (More if there is an accident on the road.)

Q. When is the LATEST I can arrive at the boat?
A. The latest you can arrive at the boat is 10:30pm. So assuming 3 hr 30min shuttle ride and 30 minutes to get off the plane and get your luggage you would need to arrive at the airport by approx 6:30pm which is why the boat says the last shuttle can accommodate flights arriving at or before 6:30 for a 7pm departure.

Q. When does the boat depart?
A. The boat will depart approx 11pm on our day of arrival so it is imperative that everyone arrive before 10:30 pm on the 12th!

Q. If I arrive a day or so early where will the shuttle pick me up?
A. You will need to return to the the USPS Office which is about 20 yds outside of Baggage Claim at the airport. This is where EVERYONE will be met by the driver.

Q. Are there any landbased tours included in the pkg?
A. YES...you will be able to leave the boat during our trip if you wish at at least one island along the way and toodle around. More to be announced.

Q. What is the $20 per person communication fee?
A. In the event that one of us was hurt during the trip the satellite fees usually reach a couple of thousand dollars very rapidly. This fee helps to offset those costs.

Q. Is there a back to back discount for diving 2 weeks in a row?
A. Yes if you dive the week after our trip, the week will be discounted to $TBA There is an even better discount if you wish to stay over Christmas!

Q. What is the non-diver price?
A. We have confirmed it is $100 off or $1645 base price vs $1745 for this trip. (Early payment and premier member discounts still apply so the trip could be a low as $1545 for the base trip.)

Q. What are the water and air temps during Dec?
A. They will be in the low to mid 80's and stay relatively constant. However the water may be a couple of degrees lower than the air temps so you may wish to bring a boat coat to stay warmer between dives. Water temps are expected to be low 80’s.

TRIP INSURANCE VS GAMBLING LOSSES:

Hey folks if you are gamblers and opt to NOT take out trip insurance during hurricane season that is great! However please understand that the resort/dive operator nor SingleDivers.com can help you out with your gambling losses.

SD.com accepts a huge amount of liability to fill ALL the trips we run OR EAT THE SPOTS. :welcome: I can assure you that I have paid plenty of gambling losses this year. But I won't gamble with my life (I have both DAN and DIVE ASSURE for Dive Insurance) and I won't gamble with my trips...(I have the annual policy by DIVE ASSURE which covers ALL MY DIVE TRIPS!)

So the choice is yours....bet on no hurricanes, no accidents, no illness, no deaths in the family, no job loss, no immediate death/injury to yourself* ...and laugh in the end when your bet pays off. But when it does not...PLEASE :( PLEASE :welcome: PLEASE do not expect the resort nor dive operator nor SingleDivers.com to refund your money because your bet did not pan out. :banghead:

NOTE: One of the reason's we have you finalize your extras and pay for everything by 30-60 days out is so you have more flexibiity getting trip insurance. Please take a moment TODAY to do this important task. :tears:

*If you think it can't happen to you please think again...sadly we just lost a member going on the 10-09 Galapagos trip that MANDATED TRIP INSURANCE and yet sadly he never got it before his tragic demise. :pray:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:59 AM

This trip is now open for booking! Please note the special "Sweetheart" discount of $75 early booking fee if you book and pay in full before Feb 14th! This trip is open to Premier Members and above for early booking. It will be open to General Members Feb 15th.

formerly...

#4 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hey Kamala,

Is the communication fee refunded if not used? If not why not?

Also I've been doing some online research and want clarification on what they use for the shuttle. Some of the info I've seen was not so positive.

Is there a land tour offered on Mona Island?

Thanks,

Carla

#5 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

? can i pay the deposit and nitrox fee at the same time? Im glad this trip is open as this is one i will bend over backwards to go on. The CC authorization form will be inbound shortly.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

Hey Kamala,

Is the communication fee refunded if not used? If not why not?

Also I've been doing some online research and want clarification on what they use for the shuttle. Some of the info I've seen was not so positive.

Is there a land tour offered on Mona Island?

Thanks,

Carla

The com fee is just part of the fee structure so there if used or not. Even if not used the service has to be paid for so its available in an emergency.

I can get further info for you but this is a private shuttle that the boat contracts for and its DIFFERENT than the one they used in the early days when they first set up this great new itinerary. This is a bigger/better bus and it is more reasonably priced with better service.

As part of our diving pkg we can get off onto Mona island and toodle around....very :thankyou:

formerly...

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:42 AM

? can i pay the deposit and nitrox fee at the same time? Im glad this trip is open as this is one i will bend over backwards to go on. The CC authorization form will be inbound shortly.

Yes as soon as you pay for nitrox it is yours since there are a limited number of nitrox spots available.

If you faxed the form...its in my fax's memory and I'm going to get the one color ink I do not have 3 boxes of today so it will spew its contents for me. :thankyou:

formerly...

#8 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to decide between this, Bonaire or maybe Roatan. Wish I could do all but........

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to decide between this, Bonaire or maybe Roatan. Wish I could do all but........

No worries girl...they are ALL great trips! We'll love having you on ANY of them! :birthday:

formerly...

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:32 AM

This trip is open for all members to book! :angry:

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

p.s. this will be our last year in Roatan...so that may be a factor for you as well.

formerly...

#12 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:39 AM

Just returned from the Nekton Pilot where we saw video and images of the Mona Trip. I must say that this trip will be absolutley FANTASTIC!!!! It may not be the best trip for a beginning diver because of the currents and drift diving from the mother-ship. But anyone up for the callenge will not be dissappointed!

Kamala - This trip would get more attention if it were on the first page!
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

Just returned from the Nekton Pilot where we saw video and images of the Mona Trip. I must say that this trip will be absolutley FANTASTIC!!!! It may not be the best trip for a beginning diver because of the currents and drift diving from the mother-ship. But anyone up for the callenge will not be dissappointed!

Kamala - This trip would get more attention if it were on the first page!

Great idea Bruce! I'll get it moved there now I'm home and ask Nekton to post it on their site as well! :teeth:

p.s. DITTO what Bruce said...this should be an AMAZING trip! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#14 lileire

lileire

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

looking to get vacation for this trip.....keep all fingers crossed. I should find out in the next week or so if I can get off...

#15 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

looking to get vacation for this trip.....keep all fingers crossed. I should find out in the next week or so if I can get off...

:teeth: I'll put you on the interested list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users