• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#4 Mexico 2018: Who's Going, Who's Doing What, Extras, Add On's, & Tours

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:53 AM

Forums Menu: Orientation 2018-2019 Trips Topic Listing
Trip Topic Menu: Trip Details Trip FAQ Ask a Question Who's Going??? Book Now

REMEMBER...ALL TRAVELERS NEED TO BE PREMIER MEMBERS OR ABOVE & HAVE DIVE INSURANCE TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TRIPS!!! 

Dates:      Aug 04-11, 2018

WHO'S GOING & AVAILABILITY UPDATE:

Booking Summary:

Superior DIVING Single Occupancy:  4 rooms so 4 spots - 0 spots booked = 4 spots AVAILABLE ()

Superior DIVING Double Occupancy:  6 room so 12 spots - 9 spots booked = 3 spots AVAILABLE (Kamala, Patty, Bob, Michele, Jeff, Sharon, Lori, Megan, Nancy)

Superior SNORKELING Single Occupancy:  4 rooms so 2 spots - 0 spots booked = 2 spots AVAILABLE (Karen, Vicky)

Superior SNORKELING Double Occupancy:  2 rooms so 4 spots - 0 spots booked = 4 spots AVAILABLE ()

Superior NON DIVER Single Occupancy:  1 rooms so 1 spots - 0 spots booked = 1 spot AVAILABLE ()

Superior NON DIVER Double Occupancy:  2 rooms so 4 spots - 0 spots booked = 4 spots AVAILABLE ()

SUMMARY OF WHO IS GOING (Signed up via booking system):
  1. Kamala aka WreckWench - D/O diving
  2  Bob aka 500psi - D/O diving

3. Patty aka N.J. Turtle - D/O diving

4. Michele aka Mermaid Chele - D/O diving

5. Karen aka KSue44 - S/O Snorkeler

6. Vickie aka AzSnorkelGirl - S/O Snorkeler

7. Jeff aka Sparky103 - D/O diving

8. Sharon aka Ocean Girl - D/O diving

9. Lori aka DiverLori - D/O diving

10. Megan aka ScubaJewell - D/O diving

11. Nancy aka blondie bluefin - D/O diving

THOSE IN THE PROCESS OF SIGNING UP:

Post  a reply in this topic to let us know your Add On's and Extras are accurate and up to date. Do not hesitate to post a follow up reply here if you see no response after a few days.

TURTLES TURTLES TURTELS

1. WW - PAID

2. Mermaid Chele PAID

3. NJ Turtle PAID

4. Karen aka KSue44 - PAID

5. Vickie aka AzSnorkelGirl - PAID

6. Sharon

Whalesharks/Cenotes Transfer Pkg

1. Kamala PAID

2. Patty PAID

3. Karen PAID

4. Vickie PAID

5. Michelle PAID

6. Nancy PAID in CZM

Extra Nights:

Nitrox:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench PAID

2. Patty aka N.J. Turtle PAID

3. Bob aka 500psi PAID

4. Jeff aka Spraky103 PAID = NOTE EXTRA CHG FOR LARGER TANKS

5. Sharon aka Ocean Girl PAID

6. Lori aka DiverLori PAID

7. Michele aka Mermaid Chele PAID

Boat Night Dive:...need 7

1. Kamala aka WreckWench  PAID

2. Patty aka N.J. Turtle  PAID

3. Michele aka Mermaid Chele PAID

4. JEFF adding but not paid

Rent a Buddy:

Rental Gear

Rental Pricing

1. Wetsuit: TBD
2. BC: TBD
3. Fins: TBD
4. Computer: TBD BUT Kamala is working on a better deal with a new partner so stay tuned!
5. Pony bottles: TBD

6. Large Volume tanks TBD

Costume Contest (FREE) based on Forum posts as well as General Information Form box checked:

SPECIAL NEEDS

1. Jeff aka Sparky103 - 100cfm tanks

SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE!!

ARRIVALS

DEPARTURES

Registered for Drawing Social Media Discount
1. Michele aka Mermaid Chele

INFO ON CHICHEN ITZA

http://www.chichenitza.com/

How to go to Chichen Itza?

Since Chichen Itza Mexico does not have its own airport, travelers coming by plane or cruise ship will likely need to book Chichen Itza tours that leave from nearby Cancun or Cozumel.
Major international airlines as well as charter airlines have direct or connecting flights to Cancun every day. Now more than ever Cancun Airport International is easy accessible from almost every major city in the world. There is also couple of more airports which is close to Chichen Itza.
Chichen Itza is divided into three sections. The southern part is known as The Old Chichen, The north part of structures is distinctly Toltec in style and the central part appears to be from the early period. All these three parts can be seen comfortably in one day.
Sun can be punishing at midday so try to visit Chichen Itza early in the morning or late in the afternoon. It is open at 9 am. Don’t forget to bring a hat and water. If you did not bring a hat, it is a good idea to buy one from one of the vendors outside before you go in. At the entrance of Chichen Itza there is museum, restrooms, gift shops, dining room and vendor stands.
You can travel to Chichen Itza by travel agency daily tours (it cost about 450 pesos per person), rental car or public bus lines that leave approximately every hour. If you rent a car and drive yourself parking fee is 10 pesos.

If you wish to take public Transportation:
By bus from Merida: 1-2 hours, Cancun: 2-3 Hours, Playa Del Carmen: 3-4 Hours.
From Merida price one way per person for Chichen Itza: 58 Pesos.

Frequency: Every Hour
• 1st Class:
Phone: 999 924 83 91 – 999 923 44 40 – 999 923 44 43
Destinations: Cancun, Campeche, Ciudad Del Carmen, Veracruz, Minatitlan, E. Zapata, Palenque, Puebla, Mexico City, Valladolid, Ocosingo, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Playa Del Carmen, Chichen Itza, San Cristobal de las Cansas, Tulum, Cordoba.

• 2nd Class:
Phone: 999 923 22 87 – 999 923 44 40
Destinations: Chiquila, Calkini, Campeche, Ciudad del Carmen, Champoton, Escarcega, Villahermosa, Uman, Halacno, Pomuch, Izamal, Valladolid, Tizimin, Coba, Tulum, Muna, Ticul, Oxkutzcab, Tekax, Peto, Carrillo, Puerto, Cancun, Becal, Playa de Catazaha, Hecelchakan, Chichen Itza, Playa del Carmen, Palanque, Ocosingo, San Cristobal, Tuxtla Gtz, Acayucan, Puebla, Maxico City.

If you are reaching Chichen Itza from Cancun, take care because there are so few buses which go there only in 2 or 3 different schedules. In Cancun you can go to Bus Station (ADO) close to downtown. There are several 1st class via ADO and 2nd class from Oriente.

Valladolid is also great base to explore the surrounding villages and Mayan Ruins. Chichen Itza is very close. Taking a bus from Valladolid to Chichen Itza is simple and quick. 2nd class Oriente buses leave from bus station at Valladolid starting at 07:15 am. There is bus every 30 minutes. It costs 20 pesos and takes 45 minutes. Returning buses leave less frequently, app. 1 per hour. If you are going back to Valladolid you should get on a bus that says Cancun in the window. It stops at Valladolid on the way.

It is about 2, 5 hour bus ride from Playa Del Carmen to Chichen Itza.

All the buses between these places are reliable, comfortable and most are air-conditioned.
There is a taxi stand near the west end of town; the price to the ruins is 25 pesos. There are usually cabs at Chichen Itza’s parking lot.

You can also rent a car to go to Chichen Itza in Cancun or in Playa Del Carmen. The road to Chichen Itza from the Cancun area is really good, flat and straight. Highway is very nice and clean. Just sometimes you can see road kill but not big. Beside this you will have a change to see along it local people picking up wood. They are minding their own business, aware of the fast moving cars and not getting in a way. That is by far one of the best and most adventurous ways to see all of Cancun. When you pass through Valladolid, you can go to visit the Dzitnup Cenote also that is beautiful place so you can organize and choose where you want to go. Rentals normally cost $80-$100 per day.
If you are staying at one of the major hotels, there is a trip arranged by the representatives. It is also a good idea to get help from travel companies which organize tours to Chichen Itza. It costs about 450 pesos per person.
Travel agencies offer private flights as an air taxi from Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Holbox, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel to the most important tourist points in the Yucatan peninsula especially to Chichen Itza but they don´t have regular flights. It is more expensive but takes less time.

You should know:
- Climbing to the top of the Pyramid is not allowed.
- Chichen Itza site is open to visit 365 days a year.
- Light and sound show is every night at 7pm during fall and winter, at 8pm during spring and summer.
- Site is open to visit between 9am and 5 pm.
- Entrance fee is 111 pesos per person and includes the light and sound show.
- Head phones for translations are available and costs 25 pesos.
- Safe boxes for bags and suitcases are available at the entrance.

If you like to stay in Chichen Itza:
Hacienda Chichen Hotel is a unique boutique green hotel in Yucatan. It is located just steps from the site of Chichen Itza.
Villa Chichen Itza is set in beautiful area of lush vegetation within easy walking distance of Chichen Itza.

Click here for more information on the Chichen Itza tour!!

Edited by WreckWench, 05 August 2018 - 04:24 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 N.J. Turtle

N.J. Turtle

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW 2005 / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:07 PM

Sign me up for the night dives, a MUST!    :wavey:  Thanks!

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#3 N.J. Turtle

N.J. Turtle

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW 2005 / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

Arrival & Departure Info for N.J. Turtle:

American Airlines, Flight 1575 from EWR to CLT, departs 8/4 at 8:15 a.m. 

AA 2584 from CLT to CZM, arrives 8/4, 2:00 p.m.

Departure-

American Airlines Flight 2310 from CZM to DFW, departs 8/11 at 12:25 p.m. 

AA 299  to EWR  

#4 Ocean Girl

Ocean Girl

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

Count me in!!! D/O  

FYI.. when I went to sign up at 9:04 pm my time-- the $100 coupon had expired. I guess it expires East Coast Time??

Edited by Ocean Girl, 21 May 2018 - 09:58 PM.

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,063 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

Count me in!!! D/O  

FYI.. when I went to sign up at 9:04 pm my time-- the $100 coupon had expired. I guess it expires East Coast Time??

Welcome aboard Sharon! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:57 AM

Sign me up for the night dives, a MUST!    :wavey:  Thanks!

Hello Patty and welcome aboard Best of Mex! Do not forget to return to the booking page and include the Nitrox for the Week Add On. We will put you on the list for the Night Dive! :diver:

• N.J. Turtle likes this
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#7 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

Will there be a sign up for the turtle event?

#8 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

Will there be a sign up for the turtle event?

Karen when the pricing is confirmed we will announce the Turtle Program Add On has been included on the Trip Booking Page. Great question, thanks for asking! :diver:

#9 DiverLori

DiverLori

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Retired MSDT and Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:Lost count!

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

Is there only 10 slots? I'm looking to book and so is a friend who needs to join premier.

#10 DiverLori

DiverLori

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Retired MSDT and Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:Lost count!

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

Never mind, answered my own question. All booked!

Edited by DiverLori, 30 May 2018 - 07:19 PM.

#11 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:48 AM

Never mind, answered my own question. All booked!

Thank you Lori and BTW Happy Birthday!! :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

• DiverLori likes this

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

WELCOME TO THE TRIP EVERYONE!!! 

And extra special kudos to Lori for getting Megan to join us! :wakawaka:  Way to go sharing the :wub:

• DiverLori likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#13 Mermaid Chele

Mermaid Chele

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox, Peak Performance Bouyancy
  • Logged Dives:155

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

I just added on Nitrox and I would like to be added to the list of people interested in Night Diving. I am also excited to see the baby turtles! 

#14 ScubaJewell

ScubaJewell

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:OPEN WATER
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:35 AM

I need to rent BC/Reg - I can't figure out how add myself to the actual list.  :-)

#15 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:07 AM

I need to rent BC/Reg - I can't figure out how add myself to the actual list.  :-)

Megan you just did. :teeth: We see you already checked boxes requesting BC, reg and computer on the "Special Accommodations and Rental Gear" fillable form on the MY TRIPS page. We simply have not compiled this information yet. One thing we DO need is the size BC you need. Simply reply here with your BC size or you can log on the Home Page, go to MY  TRIPS and select Cozumel 2018 from the listbox then reopen the "Special Accommodations and Rental Gear" Form and  add the information in the same field where you request Lori aka DiverLori as your roommate. Hope this helps! :diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users