• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY!! Oct 27-Nov1...Annual Single's Week...Halloween 2011 in Cozumel!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:38 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

This trip is now open for booking in our Premier's ONLY Section HERE*. If you are a premier member or above you can see this trip topic and its details and you can also book a spot on it until Jan 23rd midnight. We are offering up to $75 off for early payment discounts until Jan 23rd midnight!

Often trips fill out completely during the first week of booking so consider upgrading so you won't miss out! And if you were a premier member and wanted personal communication that this trip is now open you'll get that next. Yes...membership does have benefits along with the ability to contact other premier members privately, view profiles and qualify for very deep discounted unpublished deals on dive gear and travel!

*If the link does not work for you please upgrade to premier member by logging into the site, clicking on MEMBERSHIP next to the search box or under it along the top tabs and then choose premier member from the list and choose a payment term when promoted. Paypal will upgrade you automatically. Choosing POST SERVICE will upgrade you after you use our payment gateway in my signature below or along the top of the forums. You must set up your subscription first and then pay. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL A CHECK. I have no way to know you have sent it while I'm traveling so it could take a couple of weeks to activate your membership. NOTE: YOU CAN PAY VIA CHECK using the PAYMENT GATEWAY.

Please do not try to sign up for this trip via this thread. This is the discussion only thread and no trip bookings can be accepted via this thread. :thankyou:

Posted Image

CONFIRMED Halloween in Cozumel again Oct 27 to Nov 1 for the 5 night 4 day pkg or PICK THE PKG YOU WANT... its our ANNUAL SINGLE'S WEEK...open to single divers, married but buddyless divers and couples even if one of you doesn't dive! You can't beat the price...SMOKING DEALS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY FROM SINGLEDIVERS.COM AND 2010 PRICING ON MOST DIVING PACKAGES FOR 2011. And great prizes including FREE DIVING for the costume contest winners! See full details SOON!!! SPACES ARE LIMITED...OPEN FOR BOOKING SOON!!! Use this post to ask questions or show interest AND TELL US HOW LONG YOU WISH TO STAY SO OTHERS WILL FEEL COMFORTABLE PERHAPS STAYING LONGER TOO!

Single's Week Halloween Package Options*:

4nites/3days:
$899 s/o
$744 d/o
$420 non-diver d/o

5nites/4days:
$1104 s/o
$892 d/o
$497 non-diver d/o

7nites/5days:
$1458 s/o
$1157 d/o
$667 non-diver d/o

*Price d/o Superior Room, 3 boat dives per day, unlimited shorediving, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & Open Bar Domestic Drinks including alcohol and non-alcohol, includes 14% taxes, marine park fees and a chance to win a FREE Dive Trip (and lots more) if you participate in our annual costume contest.

Posted Image

Since people have different needs and wants for this trip i.e. some want a long weekend and others want a week to justify the airfare, I have worked a deal out with the resort where you can "Build Your Own Package" for this trip. We can use "PRIME DATES" as the base package and we will guarantee a same gender roommate for the base package of 5 nites 4 days diving and assist you to find a roommate for add'l days that you wish to stay or for less days if you opt for the 3 nites 2 day pkg. When you sign up for the trip please let us know which configuration you are choosing so others will know who may or may not be a possible rooming option for the extra days. SingleDivers.com will assist in helping you obtain a suitable roommate based upon our standard rooming survey but we just can't guarantee a roommate on any of the pkg options other than the 5 nite 4 day pkg. Due to other trip obligations I will arrive 1-2 days early to ensure that everything is set up and I will be officially doing the 5 nite 4 day pkg.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those Interested In Being Notified When This Trip is Open for Booking (Personal notification will be sent to all Premier members):

1. Kamala aka wreckwench of course! :teeth: (premier)
2. Tina aka libra89
3. Margaret aks scubajunkie6
4. George aka georoc01
5. Tray aka scrappykidz
6. Carolyn aka scubachick43
7. Kevin aka twolfe61
8. Steve aka ScubaBear
9. Jim aka UPDiver
10. Marla aka DivingNote
11. George aka diveteacher

So How Does the Trip Booking Work When the trip is ready for booking?

1. Click on the link if a premier member and read all the details. I've included a few highlights below.
2. Using the BOOKING TEMPLATE post that you are joining the trip and fill out the questions we ask in the booking template.
3. Then using the Payment link found in my signature or in the first post of the trip pay your deposit or the full amount if you wish to qualify for the early booking discounts.
4. Then monitor the first post to show receipt of your payments, docs etc. Monitor the 2nd post to see who's on the trip and the 3rd post for updates from the full trip thread. It is YOUR responsibility to read the thread or the updates to know important changes, information etc.

Why Upgrade to a Premier Member and how?

1. It supports our community and helps to keep our members safe as only premier members can view profiles or contact other members.
2. It is $35 a year but you get $25 back via a rebate only if you file for it within 30 days of the trip after the trip has been run. Forms rec'd before the trip can not be honored.
3. You will save up to $90 off this trip if you are a premier member and pay in full by May 4th Midnight.
4. You can save money on other travel and gear and merchandise if you are a premier member.
5. From time to time we'll send reminders and notices of important trip highlights to PREMIER MEMBERS ONLY.

Basically membership pays for itself the first trip you take! And it makes it easier for you and us to communicate. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

I'm interested :) Let me know when you have pricing!

#3 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

Geez, I've been home from Cozy Halloween for just a few hours and already seeing a post for next year's event! WW, I saw you hard at work the whole time, and the Casa Del Mar people LOVE you and treated us all like family. Of course I'm interested in next year....isn't that a part of being a "ScubaJunkie"? :cool2: Please put me down on the interested list. I hope I can find a sitter for my son and bring my hubby next year. This was a fantastic trip full of great diving, lots of laughter and tequila shots on the last night that resulted in me packing at 1a.m. so that I could relax before going to the airport with or without a hangover. Glad it was "without".
-Margaret aka ScubaJunkie6

#4 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

I've made it three years in a row, no reason to not make it 4. Put me down as interested for another birthday party in Cozy!!

What are we thinking for dates for this trip? Halloween moves to a Monday night and DEMA starts on November 2nd? Do we keep the days the same or the dates the same?

It seems like having the Halloween party on the last night seems to work best when we are also trying to work in a night dive and since many people are flying the next day, they need to get out of the water anyway.

Edited by georoc01, 02 November 2010 - 12:28 PM.

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Ok not looking at a calendar but if the flights work... doing the same days might work so that those going to DEMA like myself can either fly home the 1st and go back out the 2nd or just fly directly there.

Will work with Sandra to confirm so we can advertise at THIS year's DEMA! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

I am also requesting that we include the turtle release as part of the trip for next year as well!

formerly...

#7 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

I am also requesting that we include the turtle release as part of the trip for next year as well!

Oh Yeah!! :2cool:

#8 scubachick43

scubachick43

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

I haven't looked at a calendar either, and school calendar for 2011-2012 does come out till February. BUT, you can count me in no matter what. I lost a full day's pay on this trip, but it was d### worth it. I AGREE on the turtle release. Can't wait! :wakawaka: :wakawaka:
Carolyn

#9 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

For me, its more of a been there, done that thing, but for new people, this should be a must see. Maybe we could bundle it with a beach break, drop people at the beach bar that aren't interested, and pick them up on the return?

#10 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

I don't know right now if I can remotely do this next year...but would LOVE to see the turtle release. I'm sure for many it may be a been there done that...but I haven't "done" so it'd be a huge incentive for me (might even be something I could "justify" with...

#11 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

hhmmmmm... you know.... I don't recall having ANY fun this year..... ;)
Definitely include me in the interested list... IT WAS A BLAST!

#12 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

What are we thinking for dates for this trip? Halloween moves to a Monday night and DEMA starts on November 2nd? Do we keep the days the same or the dates the same?

It seems like having the Halloween party on the last night seems to work best when we are also trying to work in a night dive and since many people are flying the next day, they need to get out of the water anyway.

Good point..having the party on the last night was perfect but want to add that (at least for me), it's OK if the costumes don't come out exactly on Halloween. And hope you can add the turtles. Saw it once, but would love to see it again.

#13 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

Good point..having the party on the last night was perfect but want to add that (at least for me), it's OK if the costumes don't come out exactly on Halloween. And hope you can add the turtles. Saw it once, but would love to see it again.

That gets back to my original question. Do you go with the Friday 28th-Tuesday 1st with the party on the 31st, or do you go with the Thursday 27th-Monday 31st with the party on the 30th? It will be a few weeks before we know the 2011 flight options, but its worth asking.

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:01 AM

The hotel has suggested Oct 27 to Nov 1st as the official dates. Please note we are extending the official trip to be 5 nites and 4 days diving. We should be able to get flights and you can arrive early or stay later. These dates do allow our last night and official costume contest to be on Halloween!!!

AND...we have blocked the resort for those dates so......everyone booking during that time will be part of the single's week! :teeth:

formerly...

#15 twolfe61

twolfe61

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive master
  • Logged Dives:over 2000

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

Had a great time last trip, add me to the list of interested people for next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users