• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Can married people be flirty? And NOT be considered inappropriate?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

Flirting is fun!
Flirting is healthy!
Flirting can help others!

But is it ONLY for single people? Can married people be flirty and NOT be considered inappropriate or disrespectful to their spouse or NOT be considered a player?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

Yes, but its a fine line between flirting and emotional cheating. Those that are married have to be careful to walk that line.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

How do you define emotional cheating???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

You're either a flirt, or you're not...it's inherent to your individual personality traits, and your marital status does not change that. Marital compromise means that some will try to downplay certain traits that bother the partner, but those traits are still a part of you. Others do not try to adjust, claiming you've always said this/done it that way/been a certain way, and you want be accepted for who you are. Is either right, or wrong? Depends on the people involved.

Married or single, flirting can have either a good or bad affect on those who flirt, those who are flirted with, and those witnessing the flirting -- depending on the circumstances, the perceptions, or the intent. No two people perceive every flirting incident in the same way.

Not an easy question, and I don't think there is a simple or 'blanket' answer.
  • Dennis likes this
Posted Image

#5 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

I think it depends on the definition of flirting. In other words, I have a female friend who is also a very good friend of my wife. Some people might view the way we behave towards each other as flirting and yet there is nothing there other than friends having fun. My sister in law on the other hand will flirt and it is so obvious that she is doing it with intent that there is no question. In my opinion there is playful flirting with no intention of anything other than fun and then there is flirting with intent. If someone is flirting with me and I get any vibes other than being funny I am outta there. I do think kidding around is OK and can be fun. If I have a female friend that calls me "babe" I do not necessarily think anything of it.

J
Sea Turtle advocate!

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

Great! And we have both married as well as single people replying which is even better! :cool1:

formerly...

#7 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

Landlocked has it right on the money. It is a very complicated question when you get down to the bottom of it. For instance, there are ladies I will flirt with and there are those that I won't. Those that I flirt with have been my wife and my friends for many years and they know that I am just playing (they enjoy the play, bercause they like to flirt back). I believe that for most of these ladies, the flirting began with them starting it. I can't say for sure, but I think so. There are also friends that I would never think of flirting with. It just depends on personalities. It is appropriate for some and not for others. Can't explain how you know, you just do. Donna doesn't flirt, except with me she does. :cool2:
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users