• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FULL! Feb 10-17 2007 Saba, St Kitts, St. Maarten, and Statia

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

This Trip is Full!!! WOW!! 4 Islands and 5 days of diving with optional shore excursions! YES Shore excurions from a liveaboard!

This trip departs from St Kitts (skb) and ends at St Maarten (sxm)

Hey gang we have had so many rave reviews for Saba, St Kitts, Statia and St Maarten that we are going back in February! We'll sail into the sunset doing a very unique liveaboard that combines the best of diving, land based touring and the WORLD'S BEST FOOD from our very own private chef "Tony"!!!

The prices will be $1595 (plus approx $120 for all extra fees) for all staterooms and SingleDivers.com will have a very special booking deal for this trip! (FREE NITROX!!!) So stay tuned for full details coming soon! (NOTE: Next year's price has not raised from the pricing we had 2 years ago!)

Hey gang...here goes...we have booked the Explorer Ventures Liveaboard for an all inclusive INCLUDING alcohol and sodas multi-island tour February 10-17, 2007 of all different types of diving...reefs, wall, pinnacles, wrecks and we'll have land based sight seeing tours at no extra charge OR you can stay and dive dive dive! Up to 5 dives a day for 8 days and 7 nights of which we can dive 5.5 days or up to 27-28 dives!

For $1595* d/o plus air (see bulk rates below) you'll have a unique dive vacation unlike any other AND you'll be diving on very pristine sites! And if you book and pay in full before Dec 1, 2006 you'll get free Nitrox for the week worth $150 if certified OR if you want to get certified you'll dive it free for the week! (We hope to have a reduced rate for the nitrox certification on the trip!) Or if you prefer you can get $50 cash Early Bird Booking as well as your $25 SD.com premier or above membership discount!

Click here for some awesome video footage of the trip to Saba!

(Note that this is optimized for dsl or cable so will be slow on dial up. And we have full permission to use the clip.)

Who's Going:

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench - Dallas, TX (pd)- Nitrox pd Arrive: 2-10 - Depart: Sunday 2-17 - Waiver/Survey/Boat App
2. Philip aka OCBeachBum - Fl (pd) Nitrox pd - Waiver/Survey/Boat App
3. Barry aka wtxblaze - West Texas - (pd) Nitrox pd - Waiver/Survey/Boat App
4. Larry aka Orcaman - S. Florida - (dep, 1st) Nitrox NOT pd - Waiver/Survey
5. Liz aka Liz - Canada - (pd) - Nitrox pd - Waiver/Survey/Boat App
6. Bruce aka ScubaShafer - MD - (pd) Nitrox pd - Waiver/Survey/Boat App
7. Juli aka juliwithani - TX - (pd) - Airfare pd - Waiver/Survey/Boat App
8. John aka Ocean Wreck Diver - NJ - (pd) Nitrox pd 2 extra nites in St Maarten; Waiver/Survey

Sorry...no more spots available.

Check's In the Mail:

Here is the full information on the trip:

The Northeast Caribbean is an intriguing area offering a blend of Dutch, British, French and native cultures on some of the most scenic islands of the Caribbean. Departing each Saturday on her 8 day/7 night diving expeditions, Caribbean Explorer II boards alternately in either St. Maarten or St. Kitts. Our trip starts at St. Kitts and ends at St. Maarten. Itineraries include 5 1/2 days of diving, including 2 to 2 1/2 days within the Saba Marine Park, a day within the St. Eustatius Marine Park, and 2 to 2 1/2 days at St. Kitts. 5 dives daily are normally offered, including night dives; the schedule also provides for up to 3 island tours during the week, providing ample time for our guests to explore forts, rainforests, duty-free shops and museums.

The Cribbean Explorer IIs combination of diving and optional island access has always been unique within the liveaboard diving industry. As a dedicated dive liveaboard, all diving is done directly off of the vessel, using the expansive dive deck covering the aft third of the main deck. Each diver has his or her own dive gear bin; a large camera table, as well as rinse tanks, wetsuit drying racks, charging stations and the like are available for all to use. Nitrox is available for $150 for the week; tanks are filled in place between each dive, so that there is never any need to disassemble your gear. If some guests are interested in touring the islands, the other guests wont have their diving schedule disrupted; with some notice, we can also arrange additional time ashore to hike the rainforest-covered mountains, horseback ride on the beach, or even play golf.

Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Link Click Here

Since the inception in 1995 of Rodale's Scuba Diving's Reader Survey Awards, the Caribbean Explorer rated in the top ten liveaboard dive boats worldwide in terms of customer service, and was ranked the best dive operation in the world in 1996 - we're very much looking forward to the new, upgraded vessel continuing this excellent tradition!

Caribbean Explorer II features private ensuite bathrooms in each of the nine air-conditioned double staterooms, as well as nitrox, a larger dive deck, and more on-board space. A crew of seven, including 4 dive instructors, caters to the needs of our 18 guests each week. Each stateroom has a private lavatory, toilet and shower; most have queen beds with a twin bed option, as well. Five dives are scheduled every day, in addition to optional island tours. All diving is done directly off of the vessel, using the expansive dive deck which covers the aft third of the main deck. Each diver has his or her own dive gear bin; a large camera table, as well as rinse tanks, wetsuit drying racks, charging stations and the like are available for all to use. Nitrox is available for $150 for the week; tanks are filled in place between each dive, so that there is never any need to disassemble your gear. A large semi-enclosed salon serves as the main gathering place for meals, slide shows and movies; aft of the salon, the sundeck provides a large area and lounge chairs to relax and soak up the rays. E-6 processing is available, as is additional training via SD.com, scuba courses via SD.com and dive gear and computer rental.

Airfare:

Travel to the area is easy, with St. Maarten (SXM) served by direct flights on American Airlines, USAir, Delta and Continental from New York, Newark, Miami, Atlanta and San Juan. St. Kitts (SKB) is easily reached via either American, American Eagle (from San Juan) or USAir. You will fly into St. Maarten (SXM) and our of St. Kitts (SKB).

TIP: Buy a multi-city ticket vs. 2 one ways...its several hundred dollars cheaper!

We can get bulk round trip air fares for you on either USAir or American.

Airfares as of 11-13-06:

Fares are running as low as $600 and as high as $750. Our wholesaler has a sale for this trip at $651 from most markets! AA's sale ends Nov 30th so don't delay in booking. Fingrabber can help you get a rate. PM her at fingrabber or email her at fingrabber@singledivers.com

SAMPLE ITINERARY For Our Trip:

This trip will begin in St. Kitts and end in St. Marteen. Days aboard Caribbean Explorer II generally involve breakfast from 7 to 8 am (cold breakfasts are available for late risers), followed by two morning dives, lunch at 12:30 pm, two afternoon dives, dinner at 6:30 pm, and a night dive. Island tours will be arranged at each island visited for those interested; further island access is available daily upon request.
Please note that these itineraries are examples only, and will change depending on weather and logistics at the Captain's discretion.

St.Kitts Departures

Saturday: St. Kitts

1500: Guests board the Caribbean Explorer II
1830: Dinner (snacks or dinner available for those arriving on later flights)
2000: Captain's Briefing, documents, etc. Night spent at dock.

Sunday: Monday: St. Kitts

5 dives daily; optional island tour on Monday. Nights spent at mooring; Monday night crossing to Statia (1 hour).

Tuesday: Statia

5 dives; optional island tour. Night crossing to Saba (2 hours).

Wednesday: Thursday: Saba

5 dives daily; optional island tour on Thursday. Nights spent at mooring.

Friday: Saba - St. Maarten

2 dives at Saba before lunch; early afternoon crossing to St. Maarten. Afternoon at leisure and dinner ashore at a local establishment, with night spent aboard vessel at dock.

Saturday: St. Maarten

0700-0830: Continental breakfast
0900 : Guests depart the Caribbean Explorer II. Should you be leaving on an afternoon flight, please feel free to leave your luggage on the Caribbean Explorer II (or on the dock alongside) until you depart.

Due to the necessity of readying the vessel for our next cruise, we must strictly enforce the 9am departure deadline.

Day of arrival is February 10th in St Kitts (SKB).

We don't leave St. Kitts until Tuesday so if you have any flight delays you can join us in progress. We do recommend trip insurance which covers you if your trip is interrupted or cancelled. Please check the policy details for coverage paramenters. We use several carriers. One is CSA and the other is DiveAssure. Click on the name and it will take you there directly.

Day of departure is Feb 17 out of St Maarten (SXM).

Off by 9am on the 17th but if you have a late afternoon flight out you can leave gear/bags on board until time to go to the airport.

TIP: Buy a multi-city ticket vs. 2 one ways...its several hundred dollars cheaper!

Water temps in February:

Water temp about 78-80.

Air Temps in February:

Air temp mid to high 80's.

Visibility in February:

Viz about 80 - 100 ft.

* Double Occupancy Price includes:

7 nights/8 days aboard the vessel
3 meals daily, plus between-dive
snacks
5 dives daily (weather and itinerary
permitting)
Use of tanks, weights and belts
All air fills (excluding nitrox)
All alcoholic and non-alcoholic
beverages

Port and Immigration Fees

Price Does Not Include:

Airfare (we have bulk air or you can do your own!)
Airport transfers (averages $10-$15 each way)
Friday evening dinner on the 17th
Rental, instruction and retail charges
Crew gratuities (usually 10% of trip for a liveaboard)
Trip Cancellation Insurance (we have great pricing on trip insurance see below)
Nitrox Upgrade of $150 per week
Fuel surcharge of $65
Departure taxes (up to US$25)
Marine park diving fees, Caribbean
Explorer II ($3/dive at Saba, $15 pp at
Statia)

Single Supplement:

The Single Room Rate is $2,342.50 vs. $1595.00 for the double occupancy.

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we'll only hold your spot for 7 days.)
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to fingrabber@singledivers.com for the password.)
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you. See below for our credit card authorization form.
4. If we need to know what time you are arriving, if you need rental gear, if driving or flying or how much lead you need, you MUST include this with your initial reservation.

Discounts:

$25 discount for SD premier or charter membership
$150 Nitrox credit for Early Bird Booking or $50 cash discount for early booking and payment in full before Dec 1.
Chance to win FREE Nitrox for the week ($150) for every person paid in full OR $400 deposit rec'd by Dec.1
Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal.

Payment Information:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC, Diners) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number, screen name and trip name in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

We must have your name, address, screen name and trip name in the memo section of the check to be credited properly for this trip

Payment Terms & Schedule:

If not taking advantage of our 'Early Bird' Full booking and payment specials then payments are due as follows:

ASAP: $400 deposit required to reserve a spot on the trip. (If received by Dec 1. you'll qualify for the chance to win FREE $150 nitrox for the week.)

Progress Payments:

Immediately to Hold Spot: $400 Deposit
Dec 1, 2006: $600
Jan 1, 2006: $595 Balance of trip payment.

Note: Trip Normally must be paid in full 60 days prior to departure but the boat has given us some slack due to shortlead time. (If this is a problem let me know and I may be able to work with you!)

Cancellation Terms:

90 or more days before departure 15%
89 to 60 days before departure 25%
59 to 30 days before departure 35% of package
29 days or less before departure Non-refundable

PLEASE obtain trip insurance...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc. It is very economical and averages about $77 for this trip.

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!

or

Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

Example quote for me:

Your custom quote is: $76.48
Your custom quote with Supplier and Pre-Existing coverage is: $120.87
(includes Supplier default insurances so you are covered if your airline carrier goes broke or the ship sinks, or goes broke etc. AS WELL as a pre-existing medical clause. This adds Supplier Default coverage and a Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion Waiver , for an additional $44.39).

Review Your Coverages Insurance Coverage Maximum Limit Per Person: Maximum Limit Per Policy
Trip Cancellation $1,695.00 (I did not include airfare...I will when I do it for real!)
Trip Interruption $2,542.50
Travel Delay $1,000.00
Baggage Delay $200.00
Baggage and Personal Effects $1,000.00
Air Flight Accident $100,000.00
Damage to Your Rental Car
(Call for availability) N/A $25,000.00
Medical or Dental Expense $50,000.00
Emergency Assistance
(Emergency Medical Transportation) $250,000.00

This plan also includes:

Emergency Assistance Services
CSA's comprehensive Emergency Assistance Services are included with each policy. The services include pre-travel advice, medical and legal referral, emergency cash transfer, lost ticket and passport assistance, and emergency prescription refill assistance.

How to be reached on the boat while traveling:

You can be reached aboard the Caribbean Explorer II from North America via satellite phone at +1.787.990.6089. Outgoing calls may also be made. Please be aware that a charge is assessed for both incoming and outgoing calls. (Not sure what the charge is.)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

Yes That was a GREAT trip with lots GOOD diving, :diver: :fish:
Lots of Laughs, :lmao: Dancing on the decks :dance:
Great FOOD, :P
and a Wonderful Crew :hugs:

#3 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:24 PM

I loved it last time. Too bad I cannot go this time.

#4 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:34 PM

Hi Kamala

Yet another trip I would be very interested in !!!
You have some great trips penciled in so far!
I do have a question , where do you fly into for the trip?
Do you have any idea what the airfare would be?

Karen

#5 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

I'm IN, I'm IN, and I am going,

If you are not, it will be one of those, IF you miss it, you will miss IT!!!!!
So Get in the boat before you miss it.
Tha Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#6 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:03 PM

Hi Kamala

Yet another trip I would be very interested in !!!
You have some great trips penciled in so far!
I do have a question , where do you fly into for the trip?
Do you have any idea what the airfare would be?

Karen

From Explorer Ventures website, you would fly into St Maarten and out of St Kitts

#7 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:50 PM

Sign me up for this one too. I'll borrow my sister passport if I have to.

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

Sign me up for this one too. I'll borrow my sister passport if I have to.

LOL!! If only that would work! :tears:

But I sure hope you find yours soon! We've missed not having you on trips! -ww

NOTE: This trip will have a very special booking bonus...working on the final touches! And rarely do you get to do a landbased liveaboard! This is THE ONE!!!

PLUS...we hope to be able to deliver school supplies on this trip as well!!! :banghead:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#9 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:44 PM

If it was a week later I would be able to go. :tears: I was actually thinking of going on that trip. I was on the Explorer Turks and Caicos trip in October and absolutely loved it.
:banghead:

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:51 PM

If it was a week later I would be able to go. :) I was actually thinking of going on that trip. I was on the Explorer Turks and Caicos trip in October and absolutely loved it.
:banghead:

No worries...we can book you on just about any date you want for the Explorer Ventures Liveaboards*! But we'd love to have you join us...maybe another trip!

And beginning in December of 2006 (our Christmas present to you)...you'll get your premier member discount on ALL travel you do via SD on any trip or individual travel booking over the $500 packaged deal mark! Too :tears:

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:02 PM

Hey gang....seems the dates we chose originally were Spring Break which means if we had LOTS of teachers we'd be golden...but for the rest of us...that only means higher airfares and lack of availability.

SO we've changed the date to one week earlier...so come and spend Valentine's Day with SingleDivers.com!

p.s. for those serious about doing this trip...air is pricing out about $600 to $730 now vs. $985 to $1160. BUT it will only last until the sale goes off the end of November! Now is the time to jump on it! And yes if you can't find these rates, let us know and we'll help you get contract air rates.

formerly...

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:20 AM

Dates are changed...trip is posted and its already filling up! We only could 8 spots so it will fill out fast! Come and join us! -ww

formerly...

#13 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:56 AM

Hey Kamala,

After reading more about this trip , this area looks like a really great place to dive!! This weekend I was reading trip reports about this area that said the diving here is very good and that the boat , another Explorer series boat , also has a great crew and takes good care of you while on board..

Plus , I remember that we had such a great trip when we went to Turks and Caicos ...I cant remember laughing so much :)

Kamala, count me in for this one ...I need some great diving and lots of laughter to break up my winter blues!

See Ya'll there !

Karen
:lmao:

Edited by nurseshark, 20 November 2006 - 10:57 AM.

#14 OCBeachBum

OCBeachBum

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:123

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:15 PM

Hi Kamala,

This trip looks like it will be a great one and I need a vacation in a HUGE way. Looks just like "what the doctor ordered" Count me in!

OCBeachBum

#15 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:58 PM

Hi Kamala,

This trip looks like it will be a great one and I need a vacation in a HUGE way. Looks just like "what the doctor ordered" Count me in!

OCBeachBum

Excellent!

By the way, this trip leaves from St Kitts to St Maarten

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users