• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ANOTHER New Year's Eve trip option for Dec 07 / Jan 08

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:15 AM

A lot of discussion has started asking for another trip for the New Year's Eve timeframe. How many people are interested in a trip during this time? And to where?

I have a smoking deal from Divi Resorts for Bonaire...a single room for the price of a double room! Pricing will be posted shortly with a link to the new thread in this thread.

I also have contacted Explorer Ventures and they have room on other destinations for New Year's Eve week as well. I will post the pricing and remember ANY trip booked by SD will usually save you some $ off the retail price and you ALWAYS get your Premier Member rebate of $25 after the trip if you request it. So you will save $25 no matter what. This applies to any liveaboard or any land based trip we book for you either as a group or as an individual. As an individual simply show us your best price and we'll meet or beat it. AND you get your rebate if you are a premier member. :D

So who wants to do another trip during this timeframe? And where do you want to go?

We have the following Options Available for you:

1. 12/29 to 1/5 (Nekton) - Our new itinerary Eastern Puerto Rico/ US Virgin Islands – 13 spots open - $1,795.00 cruise fare plus $150.00 in fees, taxes, fuel surcharges – fly into SJU - (SingleDivers.com price discount $1695 + $150. Return Nekton customer discount price $1695 + $150)

2. 12/29 to 1/5 (Nekton) – Belize – 9 spots open - $1,795.00 cruise fare plus $195.00 in fees, taxes, fuel surcharges – fly into BZE - (SingleDivers.com price discount $1695 + $195. Return Nekton customer discount price $1695 + $195)

3. January 2008 (Divi Resorts) - Bonaire . Get a SINGLE room for the price of a double!

More specials coming as we can find them! More details on the Divi Pkg in a separate post! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:20 AM

I might be interested, depending on where/cost/etc. I'm open to anything, but $$ (as always) is unfortunately a factor for me. I'll keep my eye on this post. :)
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#3 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:21 PM

I could probably be talked into spending New Year's in Bonaire. I have a standing reservation on all of my LDS's trips and they go to Crystal River and Ginnie Springs for New Years, but I've been wanting to see Bonaire.

It's a very difficult destination for a single diver.

But if you're going to be on the liveaboard, who's going to come with us to keep us out of trouble? :D

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

I could probably be talked into spending New Year's in Bonaire. I have a standing reservation on all of my LDS's trips and they go to Crystal River and Ginnie Springs for New Years, but I've been wanting to see Bonaire.

It's a very difficult destination for a single diver.

But if you're going to be on the liveaboard, who's going to come with us to keep us out of trouble? :P

Well THAT would certainly be an issue! I guess you'd all have to get into trouble yourselves without any help from me! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

A lot of discussion has started asking for another trip for the New Year's Eve timeframe. How many people are interested in a trip during this time? And to where?

I have a smoking deal from Divi Resorts for Bonaire...a single room for the price of a double room! Pricing will be posted shortly with a link to the new thread in this thread.

I also have contacted Explorer Ventures and they have room on other destinations for New Year's Eve week as well. I will post the pricing and remember ANY trip booked by SD will usually save you some $ off the retail price and you ALWAYS get your Premier Member rebate of $25 after the trip if you request it. So you will save $25 no matter what. This applies to any liveaboard or any land based trip we book for you either as a group or as an individual. As an individual simply show us your best price and we'll meet or beat it. AND you get your rebate if you are a premier member. :D

So who wants to do another trip during this timeframe? And where do you want to go?

Since premier membership is now $35 shouldn't the rebate be $35? I would love to go back to Bonaire.

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

Since premier membership is now $35 shouldn't the rebate be $35? I would love to go back to Bonaire.

Good question...it is still $25 since we now send out a membership kit full of goodies if you supply your mailing address when you join or renew! :D

formerly...

#7 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:29 PM

Well THAT would certainly be an issue! I guess you'd all have to get into trouble yourselves without any help from me! :P

I have experience getting in trouble on my own. :P

Is "WreckWench told me to" a valid defense in Bonaire? :D

And what are these "goodies" of which you speak? :cool1:

Edited by Topless, 08 August 2007 - 07:29 PM.

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

I have experience getting in trouble on my own. :P

I'm sure you do! :thankyou:

Is "WreckWench told me to" a valid defense in Bonaire? :welcome:

YUP!!! Its been tried successfully MANY times before!

And what are these "goodies" of which you speak? :cool1:

The membership kit varies depending on what we have in stock but usually contains a patch, stickers, cd, magnet, brochure, biz cards you can hand out and whatever ever other stuff we have at the time! We hope to have a oval poker chip sort of deal with our logo on it that can be attached to your bc signifying you are a single diver looking for a buddy. (Similar to the marine parks poker chips they use). A number of members have asked for a way to recognize other members especially at local dive spots!

formerly...

#9 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

We hope to have a oval poker chip sort of deal with our logo on it that can be attached to your bc signifying you are a single diver looking for a buddy. (Similar to the marine parks poker chips they use). A number of members have asked for a way to recognize other members especially at local dive spots!

I would wear one of these on my rig.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#10 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

We hope to have a oval poker chip sort of deal with our logo on it that can be attached to your bc signifying you are a single diver looking for a buddy. (Similar to the marine parks poker chips they use).

I have a growing collection of those tags. One from SD would be cool.

#11 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:06 AM

Good question...it is still $25 since we now send out a membership kit full of goodies if you supply your mailing address when you join or renew! :banghead:

Not to quibble over $10, but I really don't see what one thing has to do with another. Many organizations (like the World Wildlife Fund or the Sierra Club) give their members gifts when they join at a certain level. They don't say "Your membership is really only $15 instead of $25 because we are sending you a rain poncho." Most of the time I decline the gift so that more $ goes to them and I don't really need any more clutter in my life. When I renewed my membership with SD a couple of weeks ago, there was no mention of any gifts being sent if I supplied my address. All I knew was that premier membership increased to $35. IMHO, if SD offers a "premier membership rebate on trips," the rebate should be the cost of the premier membership, as advertised. If the policy is to supply a $25 rebate, it shouldn't be linked to the cost of premier membership because premier membership is not $25.
BTW, please don't send the box of goodies. Please keep your costs down so that more $ goes back into SD.

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:45 AM

Good question...it is still $25 since we now send out a membership kit full of goodies if you supply your mailing address when you join or renew! :banghead:

Not to quibble over $10, but I really don't see what one thing has to do with another. Many organizations (like the World Wildlife Fund or the Sierra Club) give their members gifts when they join at a certain level. They don't say "Your membership is really only $15 instead of $25 because we are sending you a rain poncho." Most of the time I decline the gift so that more $ goes to them and I don't really need any more clutter in my life. When I renewed my membership with SD a couple of weeks ago, there was no mention of any gifts being sent if I supplied my address. All I knew was that premier membership increased to $35. IMHO, if SD offers a "premier membership rebate on trips," the rebate should be the cost of the premier membership, as advertised. If the policy is to supply a $25 rebate, it shouldn't be linked to the cost of premier membership because premier membership is not $25.
BTW, please don't send the box of goodies. Please keep your costs down so that more $ goes back into SD.

Thank you for offer to keep our costs down...we really appreciate it. The rebate applies to all trips that you take with SD. Take 2 and you will get $50 back, or any private travel via us and you can get your rebate. The membership fee is $35 annually and that covers the first rebate and any subsequent rebates, it also covers the cost of the membership pkg and it covers the cost of keeping our site advertising free, spam free and predator free. Not to mention the other costs associated with an endeavor of this type. Again thank you all for your support of our community and our unique place on the web! -ww

formerly...

#13 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

advertising free, spam free and predator free. Not to mention the other costs associated with an endeavor of this type. Again thank you all for your support of our community and our unique place on the web! -ww

Well, you know I appreciate the spam-free, but I could use a little predation. :banghead:

#14 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

but I could use a little predation. :wacko:

You rang? :-D

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:36 PM

We have the following Options Available for you:

1. 12/29 to 1/5 (Nekton) - Our new itinerary Eastern Puerto Rico/ US Virgin Islands – 13 spots open - $1,795.00 cruise fare plus $150.00 in fees, taxes, fuel surcharges – fly into SJU - (SingleDivers.com price discount $1695 + $150. Return Nekton customer discount price $1695 + $150)

2. 12/29 to 1/5 (Nekton) – Belize – 9 spots open - $1,795.00 cruise fare plus $195.00 in fees, taxes, fuel surcharges – fly into BZE - (SingleDivers.com price discount $1695 + $195. Return Nekton customer discount price $1695 + $195)

3. January 2008 (Divi Resorts) - Bonaire . Get a SINGLE room for the price of a double!

More specials coming as we can find them! More details on the Divi Pkg in a separate post! -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users