• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ANOTHER New Year's Eve trip option for Dec 07 / Jan 08

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:49 PM

A lot of discussion has started asking for another trip for the New Year's Eve timeframe. How many people are interested in a trip during this time? And to where?

I have a smoking deal from Divi Resorts for Bonaire...a single room for the price of a double room! Pricing will be posted shortly with a link to the new thread in this thread.

I also have contacted Explorer Ventures and they have room on other destinations for New Year's Eve week as well. I will post the pricing and remember ANY trip booked by SD will usually save you some $ off the retail price and you ALWAYS get your Premier Member rebate of $25 after the trip if you request it. So you will save $25 no matter what. This applies to any liveaboard or any land based trip we book for you either as a group or as an individual. As an individual simply show us your best price and we'll meet or beat it. AND you get your rebate if you are a premier member. ;)

So who wants to do another trip during this timeframe? And where do you want to go?

We have the following Options Available for you:

1. 12/29 to 1/5 (Nekton) - Our new itinerary Eastern Puerto Rico/ US Virgin Islands – 13 spots open - $1,795.00 cruise fare plus $150.00 in fees, taxes, fuel surcharges – fly into SJU - (SingleDivers.com price discount $1695 + $150. Return Nekton customer discount price $1695 + $150)

2. 12/29 to 1/5 (Nekton) – Belize – 9 spots open - $1,795.00 cruise fare plus $195.00 in fees, taxes, fuel surcharges – fly into BZE - (SingleDivers.com price discount $1695 + $195. Return Nekton customer discount price $1695 + $195)

3. January 2008 (Divi Resorts) - Bonaire . Get a SINGLE room for the price of a double!

More specials coming as we can find them! More details on the Divi Pkg in a separate post! -ww

My LDS is running a trip to the Nekton Belize during that time on #2. They are charging $2695 including air. With Airfare from Denver on American running $800. That's a competitive price. Not sure who the guide is, but this is the LDS I have done all of my training with and they are very nice people.

For me personally, my family is now talking about during a cruise Christmas week, which is why I didn't sign up for the first trip as I was unsure what they would want to do. We are looking at at a Western Caribbean cruise on Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale for $1079.

Edited by georoc01, 09 August 2007 - 07:51 PM.

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

More options:

Explorer Ventures CEXII to Saba/St Kitts is $1495 per person and has open spots we can take!

Explorer Ventures TCEXII to Turks & Caicos is $1895 for VIP, $1695 for main, and $1495 for lower and has open spots we can take as well!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

My LDS is running a trip to the Nekton Belize during that time on #2. They are charging $2695 including air. With Airfare from Denver on American running $800. That's a competitive price. Not sure who the guide is, but this is the LDS I have done all of my training with and they are very nice people.

For me personally, my family is now talking about during a cruise Christmas week, which is why I didn't sign up for the first trip as I was unsure what they would want to do. We are looking at at a Western Caribbean cruise on Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale for $1079.

Air in April to Belize was $400-500 so I'm sure in Dec/Jan holiday timeframe it can be as much as $800. Your shop probably got a contract for 10+ spots which can be done when everyone flies out of the same departure city.

The rate of $1795 plus $195 = $1990 plus air

If you can get air for less than $800 then you can do better with the SD premier member discount of $100. If not I agree...this is a good pkg deal!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 Knitrofix

Knitrofix

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

And what are these "goodies" of which you speak? :o

The membership kit varies depending on what we have in stock but usually contains a patch, stickers, cd, magnet, brochure, biz cards you can hand out and whatever ever other stuff we have at the time! We hope to have a oval poker chip sort of deal with our logo on it that can be attached to your bc signifying you are a single diver looking for a buddy. (Similar to the marine parks poker chips they use). A number of members have asked for a way to recognize other members especially at local dive spots!

Count me in!! I don't have any but can't think of a better one to start with!! :lmao:

Edited by Knitrofix, 11 August 2007 - 04:53 PM.

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

And what are these "goodies" of which you speak? :o

The membership kit varies depending on what we have in stock but usually contains a patch, stickers, cd, magnet, brochure, biz cards you can hand out and whatever ever other stuff we have at the time! We hope to have a oval poker chip sort of deal with our logo on it that can be attached to your bc signifying you are a single diver looking for a buddy. (Similar to the marine parks poker chips they use). A number of members have asked for a way to recognize other members especially at local dive spots!

Count me in!! I don't have any but can't think of a better one to start with!! :lmao:

Cool! You need to put your address in your paypal info or if paying via check we'll send it to the check addy IF it is your current addy.

If a renewal you need to request the sd goodies as many have them already but we are glad to send them out to any member that requests one and/or provides us with a mailing address.

formerly...

#21 porsche060

porsche060

Getting started

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

Anyone int in CozumeL?

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:35 AM

Anyone int in CozumeL?

Where do you want to stay? Prices in Cozy get pretty high for New Years'

If you find 1-2 interested we can book you regardless. Or if more...we can do a small group!

formerly...

#23 kooky

kooky

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logged Dives:6

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

I would love to check out Bonaire. My dive shop was running a trip out there, but it sold out. It was at Buddy's Dive resort. Has anyone been there? There packages seem like a pretty good deal and I've read some good reviews.

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

I would love to check out Bonaire. My dive shop was running a trip out there, but it sold out. It was at Buddy's Dive resort. Has anyone been there? There packages seem like a pretty good deal and I've read some good reviews.

Yes we can get a great pkg for Buddy Dive and even save you a few bucks off retail. And if you are a premier member on our site you'll always get your $25 rebate on any trip or travel you do with us!

formerly...

#25 runswithebulls

runswithebulls

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:55 PM

Yes we can get a great pkg for Buddy Dive and even save you a few bucks off retail. And if you are a premier member on our site you'll always get your $25 rebate on any trip or travel you do with us!

let's book the KONA AGRESSOR for New Years 2008 and spend new years diving inthe big island of Hawaii, what do you guys say!!!

#26 porsche060

porsche060

Getting started

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

What about Hotel Cozumel dive package? No one is willing to do Cozumel

If not what is price for Buddy Dive? Heard mixed reviews on it

#27 porsche060

porsche060

Getting started

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:04 AM

Much rather pay a few extra dollars and stay in Hotel Cozumel or nicer place in Bonairre

#28 pdkmd

pdkmd

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:diving for 'many' years
  • Logged Dives:? 300+

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

What about Hotel Cozumel dive package? No one is willing to do Cozumel

If not what is price for Buddy Dive? Heard mixed reviews on it

Have stayed there 3 or 4 times - not a bad place for the price, especially since I had a single-last trip was able to negotiate a rate with breakfast only as lunch/dinner get boring - think I paid $90/night with the breakfast which was very good........dove with 'Dive with Martin' -really good outfit, pickup at hotel pier and include most equiptment in their prices.............I really tired of dragging my own gear and they have fairly new ScubaPro stuff..............You also might want to take a look at the Iberostar in conjunction with airfare from a site like expedia........far from town but it's all inclusive is quite good (stayed there 2 years ago).....Martin will pickup there but a did use their onsite shop for a few dives and they were very good (? was Dressler Divers)
I may want to hit Coz again soon so let me know when you plan to go.........Coz is close (I'm in CT) and usually very reasonable...................
PDK

#29 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:57 PM

SD went to Bonaire a few years ago and stayed at Buddy Dive. I thought the resort was very nice. It is definitely the place for the diveaholic. I particularly liked the drive thru air fills! You can rent a pick up truck and drive around the island where the dive sites are clearly marked on the side of the road. You can shore dive till your hearts content on your own schedule. We had a few boat dives thrown in as well. I would definitely recommend it. Not too fancy but very comfortable and clean. The diving was awesome. You can shore dive right from the dock at Buddy Dive resort.

#30 porsche060

porsche060

Getting started

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:22 PM

So is anyone interested in doing diving at either Cozumel or Cayman Islands between Dec 25th and Jan 1st. I'm pretty sure I can get a very good deal on the hotel at Cayman Island and Cozumel. The only issue with Cayman is finding a Dive Operator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users