• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Who wants to travel for XMAS week or NYE Week 2009?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:57 AM

Ok I am getting LOTS of inquiries to put together something for Xmas week or New Year's Eve.

Here is the quandary....

1. Not sure how many want Christmas week and how many want the New Year's Week?
2. Where do you want to go?
3. How long do you want to go for?
4. Where are you flying from and how much does various destinations cost airfare wise?

My thought is I can join a trip for the New Year timeframe but won't be able to do a Christmas trip. If we get enough people who want to travel at the same time we can arrange your travel for you.

So here is an example done by Heidi looking at Cozumel, Belize and Puerto Rico for the Mona Trip.

Cozumel 12/26-1/2...Frontier has a 599 flight and then others go up to 800 minimum from Denver
Puerto Rico - San Juan same dates....roughly 1000 from Denver
Belize - Belize City same dates....roughly 1000, may be a bit more from Denver

So having said that...are people willing to pay $800+ to travel during this timeframe?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Harleyguy1963

Harleyguy1963

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Board Status:x
  • Cert Level:Level 3 advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

I was looking to go to Cozumel over Christmas week. I was going to use Skymiles and stay about 7 days.
Gary T

#3 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:32 AM

I have Dec 25-Jan 3 approved vacation from employer. I've been eyeballing my 2 favorite go solo islands of Aruba and St. Martin. I can have good fun diving and nightlife both locals. From Boston to Aruba flights about $700, but I hope price will drop to $400- $600 RT which would be a instant buy for me.

I"d consider PR, USVI, T & C, Grenada , Curacao (Willianstead area) and other atlantic/carribean islands as possible alternative group trips or a group trip to AUA or SXM. I'd opt out on Bonaire,Belize, Cozumel simple because I've dived them this year.

Come on WW, do some wheeling and dealing!!! :)
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#4 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

I have Dec 25-Jan 3 approved vacation from employer. I've been eyeballing my 2 favorite go solo islands of Aruba and St. Martin. I can have good fun diving and nightlife both locals. From Boston to Aruba flights about $700, but I hope price will drop to $400- $600 RT which would be a instant buy for me.

I"d consider PR, USVI, T & C, Grenada , Curacao (Willianstead area) and other atlantic/carribean islands as possible alternative group trips or a group trip to AUA or SXM. I'd opt out on Bonaire,Belize, Cozumel simple because I've dived them this year.

Come on WW, do some wheeling and dealing!!! :teeth:

I agree including sites, but I'm available through Jan. 10, and would consider going back to Belize - Glover's Reef. In my pre-SingleDivers.com days, I found some resorts would give you the previous summer's low season rates for the week after New Years. Reason - the resorts were DEAD, and the airfares were reasonable.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#5 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

I'll be in Florida around that timeframe and would love to have some people to dive with!

#6 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'd be up for either Xmas week or NYE week... would love to have WW join, but understand Xmas is important. Which ever option works better for others I'd be game to try. Hope we can get enough peeps interested to make it a go...

#7 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

Delta will be running Sat(depart)/Sun(return) from Atlanta to Tobago. Fare from Boston $750.00 on Dec26/Jan3. Never been to Tobago. Anyone interested in diving here??
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#8 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:46 AM

I'll be in Florida around that timeframe and would love to have some people to dive with!

I'm sure I will try to spend Christmas Eve/Day in Texas but should be back quickly. Lets try and put some diving together for the Florida crowd that hangs around and visitors that would like to come south during the holidays. It was GREAT diving when I arrived here last year between Christmas and New Years and I had an awesome reception by Florida SD'ers. Hopefully they and more would be interested in making it an annual event. :wakawaka:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

Delta will be running Sat(depart)/Sun(return) from Atlanta to Tobago. Fare from Boston $750.00 on Dec26/Jan3. Never been to Tobago. Anyone interested in diving here??

We can do Tabago...should I check for availability?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#10 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

We can do Tabago...should I check for availability?

I haven't put much online investgation into the hotel/dive ops/ location .I think Spreyside is the town nearest the diving. I'd be interested in pricing for a small group if enough divers are inclined. Not sure if I'd go solo there.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#11 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

A quick Expedia search for me ...gives a ticket price starting at just over $800, and a reasonable fly in...but the fly out is 18 and 22 hours (I imagine b/c of layover in Atlanta). Not sure I'm up for that...especially since it's the return.

#12 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

Explorer Ventures has 16 opennings [only the #3 suite has been booked] on the Jan. 2-9, 2010 trip from St. Kitts to Saba, Statia, and ending in St. Maarten. They did say there had been interest in 4 spots, but they hadn't been booked.

Personally, I'd like to do 2-3 days diving Puerto Rico before goin to St. Kitts.

Airfare from DFW is $656 with an overnite in San Juan on Jan. 1, and is the same price for a Dec. 29 departure, then a Jan. 2 departure to St. Kitts and a Jan. 9 return from St. Maarten.

Anyone interested???

Bill

Edited by ScubaTex, 06 August 2009 - 10:03 PM.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#13 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

Explorer Ventures has 16 opennings [only the #3 suite has been booked] on the Jan. 2-9, 2010 trip from St. Kitts to Saba, Statia, and ending in St. Maarten. They did say there had been interest in 4 spots, but they hadn't been booked.

Personally, I'd like to do 2-3 days diving Puerto Rico before goin to St. Kitts.

Anyone interested???

Wish I could do 2-9...but can't...my options are either xmas week or nye week... would want at least a week diving for the cost if Puerto Rico...

#14 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

I might consider the timeframe around Christmas/New Years. I do have a free place to stay in Vail around the Christmas time frame and it's always hard for me to trade snow for water :P Would depend on where you are going.

As far as Frontier flights, I wouldn't bet on those since there are two airlines bidding to take over Frontier :( which is sad. It's a great airline and I cant' say the same about the ones bidding for it (Just really hope that SW doesn't win this one.)

Edited by rkymtwy, 08 August 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#15 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

I would be a "no". Vacation is blacked out for that time frame with my employer. :P

I will be looking forward to next year's possibilities though.

Clint

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users