• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Rocky B....moving from GA/SC to Houston!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

Just my opinion and experience....I did my OW cert with a very "nice" and "colorful" LDS. I watched someone who had no business getting their card without further training than a man in the moon. My training since that 3 Stooges show has been with OTW Wench, Bill. He has taken me from AOW to Trimix and I feel like I got more than just training and certification but invaluable knowledge to go along with it. Not only have I gotten the training dives but fun dives along with him that has helped in my advanced diving just by watching his motions and technique underwater. I have also had a very good dive buddy that I met years ago at OTW's shop. Hopefully I will find the same quality friends and divers in my move to Houston. Recent employment requires me to relocate to Houston and I'm really looking forward to it. Move date is Feb 8th. I really never noticed whether Bill was SSI, SDI, PADI, etc because of the sweat he makes you put into your training, but I really looked forward to the C card coming in the mail.

Rocky that is great news! Well mixed news...we lose a friend here but our great Texas members get a great new member in the area!

I hope you enjoy Houston and Texas in general...and don't be surprised if I come and visit ya!!! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

Rocky ~ Welcome to Houston. We dive here.. at least that is what my local buddies call it...
Let us know when you arrive and where you settle down.

H-Town is a big place, being in town could still place you 60 minutes from friends. :P
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#3 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

Welcome to Houston Rocky! I will get a Happy Hour planned after the dive show, probably sometime in March. It's a great way to meet some local divers.

#4 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to Houston....I actually live an hour out but still say Houston so people will know what I mean. If they get a happy hour together I will surely try to come. Hope to meet you there or diving sometime! :P
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#5 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

{snip}I will get a Happy Hour planned after the dive show, probably sometime in March. It's a great way to meet some local divers.

Give me a shout if you need an help with this. :P
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#6 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

Welcome to the Great State of Texas, Rocky B!!

I'm in Austin, but in Texas terms that's "just up the road" from ya. :cool1:

Sissy, keep us posted on the HH plans. I'll be mobile by that time (as in possessing of transportation!) so I'll make a point of attending the Houston HH! I've met some of the Houston crowd, but this will be a great opportunity to meet more and to help get Rocky B on the road to bein' a TEXAN!

Posted Image Posted Image

Victoria

Posted Image

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#7 Rocky_B

Rocky_B

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech
  • Logged Dives:110

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

Well I had my farewell (not forever) dives with OTW Bill and the ever present dive buddy Rick yesterday at Lake Jocassee. Its not often the 3 of us give to have fun dives together. Rick and I run the boat, so Bill gets to do his "chore list" for WW or his own projects around the shop and house, as much as we can so we get plenty of dives in. We did our "drop like a rock" over the wall down to 206' and 205' which is a very nice way to end my season up here. There were other dive friends that came along and met with us after the diving. We were even graced by the Wench's presence after her journey to the Atlanta HH. She's given me the quick history on the local spots and some great tips on the Gulf. Looking forward to getting down, over, out west, and have some great memories of Jocassee to take along. All is going well, planned departure on the 8th and arriving late that night. Unpack and employment paperwork Tuesday, first full day at work Wednesday. See yall there.

#8 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

{snip}I will get a Happy Hour planned after the dive show, probably sometime in March. It's a great way to meet some local divers.

Give me a shout if you need an help with this. :teeth:

:respect: You know I will!! :thankyou:

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

Rocky I'm glad you had a good time diving and hanging with the old gang! And yes I'm glad I made it back from Atlanta in time to see you before you left! Kamala

p.s. I just WISH Bill was working on the 'honey do' list! Its been adding up quite a bit since I moved here! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users