REMEMBER...ALL TRAVELERS NEED TO BE PREMIER MEMBERS OR ABOVE & HAVE DIVE INSURANCE TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TRIPS!!!
Location: Red Sea Liveaboard
Dates: May 14 – 21, 2020
Dive operator: M/V Grand Sea Explorer – Explorer Ventures
Water Temp: Approx. 83 F
Air Temp: Approx. 81 F
Current: Mild to Moderate
Visibility: up to 130 ft
Experience Level: Novice through Advanced
SHARED BED "sleep together" studio deluxe cabin (Double Occupancy): $2138 or $2075 CASH* with a $25 sleep together discount per person but must book 2 people in this room willing to share a bed
Standard Deluxe (Double Occupancy): $1952 or $1895 CASH*
Standard Deluxe (Single Occupancy): $2467 or $2395 CASH*
*All prices are per person.
**Cash Discounted Price is given when you select e-check at final checkout.
- 1 cabin = 2 spots for a SHARED BED "sleep together" studio deluxe cabin d/o
- 7 cabins or 14 spots for standard deluxe d/o
- 6 cabins = 6 spots at s/o
PREMIER DIVING PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Accommodations aboard the yacht
- Diving (up to 4 dives a day which is 1 more dive per day than a non fully chartered boat which are only allowed 3 dives a day)
- Compressed air tanks, weights & belts
- All meals and snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, local beer and wine
- Airport transfers from Hurghada airport to the boat and back to the Hurghada airport are included.
- Nitrox (if certified to dive it...must show proper credentials)
CHARTER DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Airfare (international and domestic) - NOTE: Our air consolidator can get us better rates/bookings on Egypt Air so check our pricing for both international and domestic air from JFK to Cairo AND the domestic air to Luxor if doing one of our tour packages and Hurghada to get to the boat) and we will be happy to book this for you!
- Insurance (you NEED dive insurance and trip insurance for this trip)
- Equipment rentals
- Certification or specialty courses
- Hotel stays/day rooms (we are offering an immediate Cairo/Hurghada transfer pkg as well as several extended tour options to see the Nile, pyramids, museums, monuments, bazaar's and more!!)
- Extra nights before or after the trip. SD.com will help set up a group hotel and help with rooming for those interested. We can not guarantee d/o but we will try to help find roommates for you to save money as well as negotiate a reasonable s/o rate.
- Dinner on final evening
- Crew tips & gratuity - usually approx. 10-15% of pkg (These monies go to the entire boat crew. We will tip at the end and collect a group tip.)
- Port/park fees, fuel surcharge, taxes (when applicable)
- Each guest must pay a $230PP Marine Park & Routing Fee, and a $36pp Port Fee. Payable at the end of the charter when settling your bill. These may be paid by Visa, MC, or USD cash. Travelers checks are not accepted onboard.
- Other Airport Transfers such as Cairo to Hurghada (HRG) are not included etc (transfers are included only from Hurghada airport to boat and back)
- DIVE Insurance- is MANDATORY! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for.
- TRIP Insurance- It is REQUIRED for this trip. (See our INSURANCE Info in this topic or click on the Dive Assure link across the top or Dive Assure logo for a no obligation quote.)
- $75 Document Processing Fee (SAVE THIS FEE BY SUBMITTING YOUR DOCS WITHIN THREE (3) WEEKS OF SIGNING UP AND THIS FEE IS WAIVED. OTHERWISE IT WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR FINAL INVOICE. - NOTE...FLIGHT DETAILS CAN BE SUBMITTED WHENEVER YOU HAVE THE
Options & Extras:
- Nitrox Upgrade Pkg for full week: $3 or $2 CASH PRICE (nitrox is included but we need to be sure you are qualified to dive it and track who is diving it)
- Tours & Transport as follows via a separate trip sign up called "EGYPT LAND OF THE PHARAOHS LAND TOURS & AIR OPTIONS"
- River Nile Cruise, Luxor, Pyramids, Museums, Monuments, Bazaar & transfers Tour Pkg (see details in THIS topic) $TBA
- Luxor, Pyramids, Museums, Monuments, Bazaar & transfers Tour Pkg (see details in THIS topic) $TBA
- No touring of Egypt for me...I'm only here for the diving
- Int'l flight from JFK to Cairo + domestic air to Luxor & back for the tour pkg option + domestic air to Hurghada & back to meet the boat and return to Cairo (you supply your own air to JFK allowing at least 3-4 hrs from arriving before the Egypt Air Group Flight)
- Int'l flight from JFK to Cairo + domestic air to Hurghada only & back to meet the boat and return to Cairo (you supply your own air to JFK allowing at least 3-4 hrs from arriving before the Egypt Air Group Flight)
- Domestic air to Luxor & back for the tour pkg option + domestic air to Hurghada & back to meet the boat and return to Cairo (you supply your own int'l air)
- Domestic air to Hurghada & back to meet the boat and return to Cairo (you supply your own int'l air)
- No air for me (I will supply my own int'l and domestic air to meet the boat May 14 -21)
Discounts & Rebates:
DISCOUNTS & DISCOUNT DISCLAIMER:
You must use the code when you book as they are not retroactive after you sign up UNLESS otherwise stated like the member rebate etc.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but the accounting expenses of manually trying to do the discount is far exceeding the discount amount making it very prohibitive to manage this way. So please be sure to use the discount code AT TIME OF INITIAL BOOKING.
NOTE: The EBD or Early Booking Discounts can only be used as follows:
- When paying in full
- When you first sign up
- By the deadline given. After that deadline they disappear and the code will not work. (So please leave a buffer if you need to xfer money or have questions.)
It's Red Sea Mania!!! We've not run this trip in years so there is a lot of pent up demand for not only Red Sea diving which has recovered very nicely after several years of minimal use but also for the exceptional educational program we've put together to show you the best of the pyramids, monuments, museums, including the light show at Luxor and MORE!!! Come join us!
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Jun 15, 2019: SHARED BED SUITE D/O SLEEP TOGETHER DISCOUNT (INCLUDES $25 PER PERSON DISCOUNT: NO COUPON NEEDED)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Jun 15, 2019 for $50 off any room (Use COUPON CODE: 20HRG50EBD)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Jun 30, 2019 for $50 off any S/O ONLY (Use COUPON CODE: 20HRG50EBDx1)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Jul 30, 2019: for $25 off any S/O or D/O (Use COUPON CODE: 20HRG25EBD)
- Deposit by Dec 31, 2019: Get (1) chance to win a FREE Stream2Sea Travel Product Pkg & (1) Chance to Win $25 gift certificate good on any merchandise sold via SingleDIvers.com
- Deposit by Feb 28, 2020: Get (1) chance to win a FREE UPGRADE TO a DELUXE SUITE worth $350 for the suite
- Social Media Discounts: 1 chance to win a FREE $50 gift certificate for purchases from anyone of our Corporate Sponsors such as Big Blue Dive Lights, Stream2Sea, Coreskin, Cochran, BottomCrawlers or SD merchandise for 1) signing up on our Facebook Trip Event for this trip AND 2) for liking SD.com if you haven't already AND 3) for sharing the FB Trip booking on your personal page! (GET A BONUS ENTRY FOR EVERY GROUP OR FRIEND'S PAGE YOU SHARE IT TOO...must tell us in the email below)
- (Must do all three!) - To enter send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with links to your postings along with RED SEA SOCIAL MEDIA ENTRIES in the title.
- Cash Discount: Use our e-check option to pay for your trip and our RED CASH DISCOUNTED PRICES will be applied at checkout.
- Active Duty Military Discount: $25 OFF Active Duty Military Discount for any active duty military of any country that fights for freedom. Thank you for your service. (Please be prepared to provide proof of service in person at time of check in)
- Member Rebate: File for your $25 member rebate within 30 days after the trip for SD premier and above membership levels (See my forums signature for link to the forms forum or click on the green Paper Forms button at the top of the forums . If you are new to the site send an email to email@example.com to get the password. PLEASE follow the directions on the form for proper submission & processing.)
- SAVE $75 by submitting your Documents within 21 days of booking this trip. If booking within 45 days of the trip please submit your documents within 3 days. Otherwise the $75 document processing fee will be added to your final invoice.
- Only one (1) coupon code can be used per order
NOTE: We do not allow for specific bunks nor cabins to be reserved. You are free to request anything you want via our reservation system but we cannot guarantee any special requests can be accommodated other than those related to injuries, diets, etc. We allow roommates to determine amongst themselves who sleeps where. Our policy has always been to allow divers to work it out themselves and NOT assign or allow people to sign up for specific bunks.
Please do not book this trip if you must have a specific cabin or rooming accommodations. If you are injured and wish to email us in advance to discuss please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll discuss if the trip is suited for your specific limitation. Thank you for your understanding.
At 134 feet in length, the MV Grand Sea Explorer is the epitome of luxury, intended for pampering and a level of service found nowhere else in the Red Sea. She is stable, spacious, and offers smooth cruising. Accommodating up to 22 divers, this opulent vessel has 14 staterooms split into two (very large) suites, 2 double cabins and 10 twin cabins. All rooms feature air conditioning, stereos, personal fridges, and an en-suite bathrooms with jet showers. There is plenty of space onboard, both on the dive deck and in the extensive and welcoming main deck salon wih separate dining area. On surface intervals, divers can unwind on the covered sun decks, watch movies or listen to music on the latest entertainment systems, or use the free WIFI to share their Instagram-worthy day.
The MV Grand Sea Explorer is specifically designed for divers looking for luxury and a well-built vessel for cruising between dive sites. The huge waterline-level dive deck can accommodate all 22 divers with individual seating stations, and 3 professional guides will be in the water on each dive. It is customized for effortless diving. Rest assured, the MV Grand Sea Explorer is fully licensed to cruise the entire Egyptian Red Sea and offers multiple itineraries to do so. Added bonus: Certified divers will also receive free Nitrox for their trip!
1. Deposit: $750
2. Payment: 11/20/2019 $750
3. Payment: 12/20/2019: $750
4. Payment 1/20/2020 Remaining Balance + add-ons
Note: Trip must be paid in full 90 days prior to departure. IF YOU NEED EXTRA TIME LET US KNOW! (Note that to add an extra to the trip you must pay for it when you add it.)
SingleDivers.com uses a secure payment gateway fully integrated into our online booking system that allows you to pay for trips or merchandise using the following payment options:
- An online e-check that debits your checking account automatically without having to mail in a check or having your bank mail a check from your account
- An online credit card transaction that eliminates the need to fill to fill our a credit card authorization form. (Note int'l cards please use AA as your *STATE* designation and 12345 as your zipcode and the charge should go thru. Please also note that we only can accept MC and Visa.
SingleDivers.com provides its members with pricing that reflects all possible savings available including discounts from our over 10,000 member buying clout. We offer a CASH DISCOUNT that is always in BOLD RED LETTERS along with our regular pricing for easier comparison of all possible savings. The cash discount will be taken at the time of payment when you choose the "e-check" option.
HOW TO PAY:
- As you sign up for a trip you will add either the trip deposit amount or the full trip price to the shopping cart. You can also add any extras you wish to purchase but you will have to pay for them whenever you sign up for them. So if you are not ready to pay for nitrox now but want us to know you will be adding it to your order...please use the comment box to let us know ultimately what you are signing up for and any other special concerns you have or information you want us to know. Just understand we will not show you listed as doing something until it is paid for.
- When you are ready to pay for the extras you want you will click on the BOOK NOW button for the trip you are on and select the add-on(s) that you wish to pay for, add them to your cart and then check out. Depending on the trip you may need to click on the purple TAKE ME TO THE ADD-ON'S BOX. You will then either pay via e-check or credit card depending on whether you want a discount for cash or prefer the convenience of payment over time.
- When its time to make a progress payment you will click on MY TRIPS under TRIPS on the main menu. You will see "Make a Payment" under PAYMENTS in the upper right. Then choose what you are paying for and complete your payment.
- After each order you place with us you will receive an email order and payment confirmation. If you do not receive these TWO email confirmations (one showing the order at full price and one showing what was debited from your account including the cash discount) check in MY PAYMENTS to see if the payment was successful. If you do not see the payment in your My Trips then MAKE THE PAYMENT AGAIN. You will always get an order confirmation email every time you attempt an email but you will ONLY get a Payment Confirmation email when your payment was successful. If you need assistance please email.
- The MY PAYMENTS section is located under the PAYMENTS option found in the upper right of the MY TRIPS area of our site which is found under the TRIPS tab in the main menu.
- Only payments received via our secure online payment gateway/portal will be accepted and will qualify for early payment discounts. (So check before you book for any discounts you may qualify for as they cannot be applied after booking.)
- If you are unable to use the gateway please provide a complete description of the problem/error you are encountering INCLUDING A SCREEN CAPTURE of the error here: SUBMIT HELP TICKET
- If International/ Non-US Clients and your credit card payment does not work, either use AA as the state and 12345 as the zip or please use our traditional written credit authorization form to submit your credit card payment. To receive this form click on SUBMIT HELP TICKET.
Travel & Transfer Details:
Two of the most popular airports to fly into Egypt are Hurghada and Cairo. For Grand Sea Explorer, flying into Hurghada (HRG) provides the easiest transfer to the vessel. This airport is within a 5-hour direct flight from cities Istanbul, Paris, London, Frankfurt, Zurich, and many more. Flights from North America range 12-15 hours and may fly through Cairo with a connection to Hurghada.
Hurghada (HRG) Egypt is served by a number of airlines and can be booked by the traveler or can be booked as part of the add on and tour pricing above by SingleDivers.com. Our air consolidator will book air from your home city or from JFK to Cairo and throughout Egypt for either the tours we are offering or to Hurghada for the boat. If booking on your own please check online or with your travel agent for pricing and schedule information if you are booking it. After you make your reservation, please include your flight arrival/departure information in your documents or email to email@example.com
Transfers are included only from Hurghada airport (HRG) to the boat and back to the airport. It is the traveler's responsibility for any other transfers.
Upon entry, visitors to Egypt will be required to purchase a visa unless they come from a visa exempt country. Depending on the airport, we include the visa in the onboard charges which guests will pay once they arrive on the vessel. NOTE: If you use SingleDivers.com air consolidator you will be met at the airport and hand walked thru the visa process as part of the service.
Red Sea Diving & Itinerary:
The Grand Sea Explorer will depart from Hurghada, Egypt in 2020. This unique itinerary offers 7 nights/8 days of diving in 3 famous Red Sea regions. You will explore the revered Brothers Islands, Daedelus Reef and Elphinstone Reef. All part of the Red Sea’s protected Marine Parks, these islands are an oasis of sea life.
Brother’s Islands: The two Brother’s Islands are a remote and low-lying volcanic group. Tops of mighty underwater mountains, these pinnacles offer extraordinary wall diving along their entire perimeters attracting large pelagics. Oceanic whitetips, hammerheads, and schools of tuna can be seen cruising by. A forest of soft corals sprawls over the dive sites, creating a breathtaking underwater scene.
Daedelus Reef: 180km South of Brother’s Islands, lies the even more remote Daedelus Reef. Protected in 1986, it is an isolated lighthouse surrounded by an oval reef. Drop below the surface and you will find some of the most stunning diving in the Red Sea. Typical of Daedalus are its huge and pristine hard coral walls and the possibility of spotting schooling hammerheads. Thresher sharks, mantas and whale sharks are spotted here too.
Elphinstone Reef: Legendary is the word used to describe Elphinstone Reef. The last standalone reef, this is the final stop of the Red Sea itinerary. Its North and South plateaus and walls are covered in vibrant soft corals, and hammerheads and grey reef sharks are regularly seen on dives. Susceptible to currents, Elphinstone is your best chance to see Oceanic Whitetips and many other blue water pelagics.
To maximize the time guests will be able to explore these mesmerizing regions, up to 4 dives will be offered daily (depending on season), and all diving is done from the ease of 3 dive tenders. From May through September, up to 4 dives a day are offered.
Experience Required & Training/Workshops:
Experience Required & Training & Workshops
There are no SingleDivers.com training activities nor workshops currently planned for this trip. We are happy to check with the resort/liveaboard about doing training during your trip and what they would charge. Often they will give us a better price so feel free to ask us to assist. If you would like us to help arrange additional training for you, simple click in the SUPPORT tab in the main menu and then click on SUBMIT HELP TICKET and click on TRIP ADMINISTRATION and request assistance. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
We will also check to see if any of our trip participants are instructors who would like to teach on the trip and let you know. We are glad you are interested in continuing your dive education and we hope we can help you continue your goal of ongoing training.
- Minimum Certification / Experience: Red Sea diving is generally open to ALL levels of certification OW and up, at any experience level. However since this trip covers a number of islands and reefs so we are requiring all divers have at least ADVANCED OPEN WATER and/or 40-50 dives. If you have any questions about your ability to safely and comfortably make this trip please email email@example.com and we will discuss your diving experience to date and how it may or may not mesh with this trip. IF you are a new diver and wish to join this trip please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more options!
- Certification in Paradise - Ask us about different certifications available on this trip. Its always nice to get certified in Paradise. Let us help you do this! Email email@example.com for more information.
- Advanced Open Water - includes several 'advanced dives' such as navigation, night, and deep plus several choices of your own including photography, peak buoyancy, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Nitrox - includes book work, classroom instruction and sometimes the manual. Some classes include the use of a nitrox compatible computer and the gas itself. Some classes will give you a reduced rental rate for the computer and use of the gas if you take the class during the trip. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Solo Certification - This cert will enable you to dive independently of a human dive buddy by training you to dive with a mechanical dive buddy aka a pony bottle or stage bottle. - Ask about the 'enhanced solo skills' where the instructor will challenge you with several additional skills that will complement your solo cert skills enabling you to be even MORE independent and self sufficient in the water. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PRICES: Prices for classes in Paradise are always more expensive than doing them at home. Sometimes SingleDivers.com has instructors on our trips who are happy to teach AND usually offer a member discount to anyone interested in taking a class. The more that take a class the more feasible a discount become.
Insurance, Documentation & Terms &Conditions:
TRIP AND DIVING INSURANCE ARE MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIP:
DIVE Insurance is required on all trips! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts it is CHEAP (approx $100-$125) to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are covered for an entire year of diving. NOTE: DAN is secondary ins which means you pay and they reimburse anything not covered by other ins policies. DiveAssure.com is PRIMARY insurance meaning they pay directly to the provider without your involvement.
PRO TIP; The two primary suppliers of dive insurance DiveAssure.com and DAN are inexpensive enough to carry both. This way you will have the best coverage internationally, the best coverage domestically, primary insurance, secondary insurance and if a claim is denied on one policy you can submit it on the other. No matter what happens...YOU ARE COVERED!!! ... PRICELESS!!!
Dive Assure: for either a 'one time' policy OR an annual policy for BOTH Dive & Trip Insurance providing PRIMARY COVERAGE with excellent rates and coverage! Please use THIS LINK and/or reference SingleDivers.com via the drop-down menu under GLOBAL PARTNERS. (If you cannot find the drop down, do not reference anyone and email email@example.com your policy info and we will do it for you via our Dive Assure company representative. OR SIMPLY USE THIS LINK AND YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY TIED TO US.)
Alternatively you can also use....
Diver's Alert Network: Please use our reference number when ordering: ID1603080 (This only works if you are a new first time DAN member.)
All SingleDivers.com trips require necessary documentation to facilitate booking your trip and/or making it a better experience for you. Once you complete your documents online our automated system will take the information from your last trip with us and fill out your new trip forms for you. You then add any missing information and/or change anything that is no longer current. You will find the forms you need to complete under MY TRIPS which you will find under TRIPS in the main menu across the top of the site. Since each trip requires a unique set of docs, please choose the correct trip from your "My Trips" drop down and then complete the forms required for that trip. Some trips will also ask you to complete the resort or liveaboard's forms as well.
The AIR AUTHORIZATION FORM is only required when you are having SingleDivers.com book air for you but this includes air that is part of the trip pkg price.
Not all of our forms are online as they are either infrequently used or being phased out. If you need a form that is not in our online directory, simply click on SUPPORT on the main menu and then click on SUBMIT HELP TICKET and choose TRIP ADMINISTRATION and ask for the form you need.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All SingleDivers.com trips require:
- You complete the necessary documentation as referenced above for each trip you sign up to take with us. A $75 document fee will be applied if you fail to submit your online and uploaded documents withing 21 days of signing up for a trip or within 3 days if signing up within 45 days of departure.
- You read the EXPERIENCE REQUIRED & TRAINING/WORKSHOPS information in the online trip details to ensure that you are able to safely and comfortably meet the requirements of the trip. Please contact to further discuss any questions you have about attending one of our trips. We often accept students who would not otherwise meet the stated trip requirements because they are taking a class that will then enable them to meet the trip specifications and they will be diving with an instructor or dive master during the dives.
- We REQUIRE Dive Insurance for all dives and trips as stated above and we STRONGLY recommend trip insurance for all dives and trips but in some cases require it due to vendor specific mandates. NOTE: THIS TRIP REQUIRES TRIP INSURANCE Please see the online trip details under INSURANCE to see if the trip has optional or mandatory trip insurance requirements.
- In the event of cancellation, your trip insurance will be your first line of defense. Secondary remedies include some rights afforded to you based upon when you have to cancel your trip in writing. Please see THIS link for full additional trip cancellation details.
- Please read THIS link for our Guaranteed Double Occupancy Policy, Rooming Policies, Payment Terms, the "Ex" Rule etc.