DON'T JUST DIVE THE RED SEA....DIVE INTO THE CULTURE, HISTORY & MAGIC OF MYSTICAL EGYPT!!!
Hello! With covid we have only 2 options for air travel, the dive trip, tours, transfers, etc. The pricing is FROM 2020 and has been LOCKED IN BY SD.com! Taxes can increase at anytime so locking sooner vs later helps you.
NOTE: We need the security of a large group to justify the private security detail we hire to escort us the entire time we are in Egypt as well as ensure we can easily and TIMELY satisfy all covid testing requirements. Normally we are ok with people 'doing their own thing' but we STRONGLY URGE YOU TO DO THE GROUP PACKAGE(S) in order to have safety in numbers and economies of scale. If we need ti hire the testers to come the hotel to do our covid test timely...that expense will be extraordinary if there is only 1 of you but manageable for the group.
So please allow us the do your International and Egyptian Domestic Air, the tours, transfers, of course the dive boat and all local hotels in Egypt for safely, sanity and economy of scale.
1. ALL INCLUDED "ALL IN" Tour Pkg including The Nile, Luxor, Pyramids, etc. & all hotels, group dinner, all transfers etc everything INCLUDING domestic and int'l airfare & add'l consolidator VIP services $3885
OUR CONTRACT RATE $3377 cash price - TRAVEL DATES Jun 9-25, 2021 (possibly 2-3 spots open)
2. TRANSFER TO THE BOAT + Transfer HOTEL + GROUP DINNER + INT'L & DOM AIR & TRANSFERS PKG: International & Egypt Domestic Air FOR BOAT DIVING ONLY TRANSFER PKG (including all taxes)+2 Nights Hotel/4 Transfers/1 Dinner $2193
OUR CONTRACT RATE: $2095 cash price - TRAVEL DATES Jun 14/15 - 25, 2021 (currently no spots open)
3. OTHER OPTIONS: If you were on the trip originally in May 2020 and had secured a different arrival/transfer option then we can continue to work with you allowing that option. Now that we are only a few months away from the trip and the ONLY spots open are members having to cancel their trips due to life and covid hardships so we must sell the pkg that they had in order to help them recoup their investment in this trip. To facilitate the ease of travel for everyone we consolidated the pkgs down to the 2 options everyone seems to be doing...the "All In" pkg or the "Transfer to the Boat" pkg. Any deviations from these options need to be approved by firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that all transfers can be made and all testing can be done and you meet the group timely etc. SINCE ALL SPOTS INCLUDE AIRFARE ALREADY PURCHASED WHEN YOU BUY A SPOT ON THIS TRIP YOU ARE ALSO BUYING A FULL AIR PKG AND/OR AIR & TOUR PKG. Please don't hesitate to email email@example.com with questions.
DIVER PKG: CAIRO, THE NILE & LUXOR
"ALL IN PKG"
Jun 9-17, 2021
Jun 17-24, 2021 (diving via separate pkg HERE)
Jun 24-25, 2021
(NOTE: Non-diver pkg will return to Cairo Jun 17 vs going to Hurghada) Feel free to bring a non -diver for the tours!
B = Breakfast
L = Lunch
D = Dinner
Day 1 – Wednesday – Jun 9 – Departure
Depart New York this evening on your overnight flight to Egypt.
Day 2 – Thursday – Jun 10 - Cairo
Welcome to Egypt, the Land of Pharaohs!
Upon arrival at Cairo International, you will meet with your host who will assist you with visa formalities. As you drive through Cairo, you will see some interesting ancient monuments.
Arrive in the Giza area where the Great Pyramids are located. After check-in and sometime, to freshen up meet with your Egyptologist-guide to discuss the exciting days ahead.
This evening you will be introduced to Egyptian cuisine as you enjoy dinner on a floating restaurant.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: LE MERIDIAN PYRAMIDS HOTEL OR SIMILAR (includes Dinner)
Day 3 – Friday – Jun 11– Cairo/Aswan - Nile Cruise Begins
This morning you will return to the airport for a flight to Aswan.
You may choose to join an optional tour to Abu Simbel. Stand before four colossal statues of Ramses II who is surrounded at this feet by smaller statues of his wife Nefertari and daughters. The temple is one of the most impressive sites in Egypt.
Embark your Nile cruise.
After lunch discover the sites of Aswan including Aswan’s High Dam, the Granite Quarries, and the Unfinished Obelisk.
Take a felucca (sail boat) to see Kitchener’s Island with its beautiful gardens and to view the mausoleum of the Agha Khan.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: AMARCO NILE CRUISE SHIP OR SIMILAR (includes Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner)
Day 4 - Saturday – Jun 12 - Aswan/Kom Ombo/Edfu
After breakfast sail in a small boat to the Philae Temple situated on the island of Agilika. Like Abu Simbel, the temple was relocated in order to protect it from the rising water of the High Dam, built in 1960. The main sanctuary on the island is dedicated to the Goddess Isis and her son Horus. Ancient Egyptians believed that Isis was the Goddess of Magic, and when she wept, the Nile flooded.
Return to the ship. Lunch is served as you set sail for the city of Kom Ombo, known as “Ombos” in ancient times. Its location on the Nile, from which the routes from Nubia to the Nile Valley could be controlled, gave it strategic importance. The city became prosperous when the temple was built in the Ptolemaic era. The temple is divided into two symmetrical halves. The left side is dedicated to the falcon-headed god, Heroeris and the right side to the crocodile god, “Sobek”. Reliefs of Ptolemaic Pharaohs are found in the porch area. The remainder of the temple consists of a crypt, chapels, remains of a birth house, Roman wells where sacred crocodiles may have been kept. On the walls of the temple, you will see the first recorded representation of medical instruments.
Sail onto Edfu, midway between Aswan and Luxor. The ship will dock overnight in Edfu. This evening join in on a fun evening as you dress up in costumes for an Oriental dinner and party.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: AMARCO CRUISE SHIP OR SIMILAR (includes B, L, D)
Day 5 - Sunday – Jun 13 - Edfu/Luxor
Begin the day by visiting the magnificently preserved temple of Edfu. The sandstone temple of Horus, the Sun God, was built under the Ptolemies and completed by the mid first century, BC. In the colonnaded court, we will see the surviving statue of a pair of falcons representing Horus. A series of smaller chambers leads to the Sanctuary of the God, which is lit by three openings in the ceiling. Ceremonies, celebrations, and war scenes are shown on the walls of the temple.
Later today, you will sail to Esna, pass the lock, and arrive in Luxor, ancient Thebes where you will meet up with the members doing the Luxor/Cairo only tour.
This afternoon explore the East Bank of the Nile including the Temple of Luxor. Here, the Avenue of Sphinxes, famous for its artistic degree of uniformity, leads to the entrance of the temple where a seated colossus of Ramses II and a towering Obelisk sit.
Continue to the Karnak Temple, one of the most impressive monuments of ancient art and architecture in the world. The carvings, which adorn all of the walls, depict the history and conquests of many of Egypt's Pharaohs.
This evening you may choose to return to the Karnak Temple for an exciting Sound & Light Show. The temple comes alive with light, music and narratives.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: AMARCO NILE CRUISE SHIP OR SIMILAR (includes B, L, D)
Day 6 - Monday – Jun 14 – Luxor/Cairo
As the sun rises over Luxor you may choose to join an optional Balloon Safari. Sail above Luxor taking in the beauty from the sky.
Cross the West Bank to explore the Valley of the Kings.
The Valley of the Kings houses 63 tombs belonging to the Pharaohs of the New Kingdom, including the famous tomb of King Tutankhamen. Many of the tombs, carved out of the bedrock, retain their original bright colors and fine relief’s and scenes, thought to guarantee the safe passage of the Ba to the afterlife.
Afterwards continue to Deir El Bahri to visit the mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, considered one of the finest buildings in Egypt.
This afternoon return to Cairo.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: LE MERIDIAN PYRAMIDS HOTEL OR SIMILAR (includes B)
Day 7 – Tuesday – Jun 15 - Cairo
Today you will visit the Giza Plateau where there are three Pyramids, the greatest being that of Cheops. It took 100,000 workers more than 20 years to construct. Entrance into one of the pyramids will be included. Southeast of the Great Pyramids is the Sphinx, carved out of solid natural rock in about 2650 BC, a magnificent monument with the head of the Pharaoh and the body of a lion. Entrance into one (1) pyramid will be included.
After lunch, continue to visit the first Pyramid ever built, the Step Pyramid of Zoser, in the Sakkara Complex. When Memphis was the capital of Egypt, during the Old Kingdom period, Sakkara was its necropolis. Spread over seven kilometers of desert, Sakkara is one of the most important archaeological sites in the world.
Before returning to the hotel, you will make a stop at the remains in Memphis, the first capital of United Upper and Lower Egypt.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: LE MERIDIAN PYRAMIDS HOTEL OR SIMILAR HOTEL (includes B, L)
Day 8 - Wednesday – Jun 16 - Cairo
This morning you will view the masterpieces of ancient art in the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, including the Mummies Room. The museum is home to the vast findings of King Tutankhamun’s tomb and other important pieces of Egypt’s history.
After lunch visit Old Cairo including the citadel of Salah El Din built by the famous Arab Sultan, Salah El Din (Saladin), in the 12th century and the Mohammed Ali Mosque situated inside the citadel known for its alabaster wall. You will have some time to shop at the Khan El Khalili Bazaar, known for its narrow alleys and hundreds of shops selling all types of Egyptian handicrafts, silver and gold jewelry, cottons, copperware and perfumes.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: LE MERIDIAN PYRAMIDS HOTEL OR SIMILAR HOTEL (includes B, L)
Day 9 – 15 - Thursday – Wednesday - Jun 17-23 - Luxor/Hurghada
Enjoy the morning at your leisure and then head to the port of embarkation for your one week live aboard.
WE DIVE THE RED SEA ON GRAND SEA EXPLORER
Day 16 – Thursday – Jun 24 – Hurghada/Cairo
Today you will leave Hurghada for Cairo where you have the day at leisure or we can arrange to take you to the Khan El Khalili Bazaar for some last minute souvenir shopping.
This evening enjoy a farewell dinner and show.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: CONRAD HOTEL OR SIMILAR (includes D)
Day 17 – Friday – Jun 25 - Departure
Farewell to Egypt as you transfer to the airport for your return flight to New York. (includes B)
- 4 Days/3 Nights 5-Star Deluxe Nile Cruise including all
- 4 nights accommodation in Cairo at the Le Meridian Pyramids Hotel or similar
- 1 night accommodation in Cairo at the Conrad International Hotel or similar
- Full day sightseeing: Pyramids (including entrance into 1 pyramid)/Sphinx-Memphis/Sakkara
- Full day sightseeing: Egyptian Museum of Antiquities and Old Cairo
- Visits to the East and West Bank of Luxor including entrance into the Tomb of Tutankhamen
- 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 4 dinners
- Airport Transfers Cairo, Luxor and Hurghada
- Sightseeing and transfers by deluxe car or motor coach
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- U.S. Departure Taxes & Airport Security ($TBA subject to change)
INCLUDED IN THE ALL IN OR TRANSFER TO/FROM PKGS:
- International air New York/Cairo/New York via Egypt Air and Domestic air: Cairo/Aswan-Luxor/Cairo –Cairo/Hurghada/Cairo (using our air consolidator with VIP VISA & Transfer Service) approx (Part of the Nile Cruise & Tour Pkg Price)
- Domestic air: Cairo/Aswan-Luxor/Cairo –Cairo/Hurghada/Cairo (using our air consolidator with VIP Transfer Service) (Part of the Transfer Only Pkg Price)
- Luxor Balloon Safari $ 330
- Sound & Light Show Pyramids $ 75
- Sound & Light Show Karnak Temple $ 75
- Single Upgrade Price for Cruise & Hotels $675
- Single Upgrade Price for Transfer Only Pkg $150
- Domestic air within the U.S. to JFK
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, inter-net services, dive services, soft drinks, coffee, tea (except at breakfast), mineral water, alcoholic beverages, passport fees, gratuities for drivers, guides, transfer personnel, travel insurance, etc
Edited by WreckWench, 09 March 2021 - 07:38 PM.