• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Truk Lagoon Dive Buddy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jac

jac

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:open water

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:53 PM

Hello to all.....

New to the site and I am looking for a dive buddy for a trip I'm planning to Chuuk (Truk). I've wanted to dive the lagoon ever since I saw a documentary on it 20 years ago. Now I have the ability and I'm planning a dream dive trip.

Anyone interested in this trip?

Thanks. :cool2:

#2 Geek

Geek

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Adv. Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:12 PM

Hello to all.....

New to the site and I am looking for a dive buddy for a trip I'm planning to Chuuk (Truk). I've wanted to dive the lagoon ever since I saw a documentary on it 20 years ago. Now I have the ability and I'm planning a dream dive trip.

Anyone interested in this trip?

Thanks. :cool2:

My son and I are both interested and I have suggested it as a destination for this group.

#3 MichaelF

MichaelF

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Cert Level:IDCS Insructor, EFR Instructor (AED & Infant), DSAT Gas Blender Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 July 2006 - 07:51 AM

Would like to go, when are you planning. I went 3 yrs ago (buddyless), and it was great. Met some folks w/ a dive club fom Miani on the second day and ended up diving with them the rest of the week. FYI: I met a couple on the plane who were doing a liveaboard, I did shore base, I actually got in 4 more dives than they did, and we went to some of the deeper wrecks that the liveaboard did not. I saw the boat they were on every day, and it only moved 2 times all week, so I would not suggest this unless you just like staying on a boat.

It was fantastic, definitely worth the cost of getting there.

Mike
Michael

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:39 PM

We would be thrilled to set up a small trip for anyone wanting to go. SD has to wait until 2008 before it can get a full boat charter on the Oddessy. If we have a small group we can get you on in 2007.

Are you interested in doing it landbased or via liveaboard? Let us know how and when and we'll get you some pricing.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:41 PM

I'm looking at hitting Truk sometime soon also. When did you plan on going? Hopefully some of my dive buddies will read this and decide to go!

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

Give us some dates you are interested in or we can also get availability for you and pricing. Let us know...

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#7 Geek

Geek

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Adv. Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:59 PM

Give us some dates you are interested in or we can also get availability for you and pricing. Let us know...

If you will make it a group trip for 2008, you can count my son and I in. We would prefer a liveaboard.

#8 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:24 AM

if your gonna be on a liveaboard i strongly suggest you stay on the Odessy and NOT on the Thorofin.

the Odessy is an excellent ship, recently renovated.

the Thorofin is ancient and stays moored in the harbor, all dives are from a tender.
if you stay on the Thorofin you'll have an excellent view of the new resort on land and spend your time wondering why you didn't just stay at the land based resort for the same price.
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#9 jac

jac

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:open water

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:32 PM

Would like to go, when are you planning. I went 3 yrs ago (buddyless), and it was great. Met some folks w/ a dive club fom Miani on the second day and ended up diving with them the rest of the week. FYI: I met a couple on the plane who were doing a liveaboard, I did shore base, I actually got in 4 more dives than they did, and we went to some of the deeper wrecks that the liveaboard did not. I saw the boat they were on every day, and it only moved 2 times all week, so I would not suggest this unless you just like staying on a boat.

Mike

Hi....

I'm looking at the first or second week in January. I'm planning a land based for 4 or 5 days. It all depends on the flight availability. I work for the airlines and I'll be flying space available so I have to be flexible. I really hope this comes to pass as I've been thinking about it for a long, long time.

Nice to hear from you. Let me know if you might be interested in the trip.

Take care.

#10 Marina

Marina

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Nitrox certified
  • Logged Dives:80+

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

Hi there.. have you decided if you'd go to Truk Lagoon in January? or you changed your dive trip? i was gonna check if you are open to diving in the Great Barrier Reef..... i want to go.. it would be nice to have a dive buddy though...

but if you really want Truk Lagoon... you should not let it go.. i've done it and they were just excellent... if you like wreck dives... i had fun diving in Chuuk...

Mike

Hi....

I'm looking at the first or second week in January. I'm planning a land based for 4 or 5 days. It all depends on the flight availability. I work for the airlines and I'll be flying space available so I have to be flexible. I really hope this comes to pass as I've been thinking about it for a long, long time.

Nice to hear from you. Let me know if you might be interested in the trip.

Take care.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users