• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

S Florida Regional Dive Day & Happy Hour

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#46 scuba_jenny

scuba_jenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:216

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:27 PM

Hey Redheaded Stepchild!
Good thing you are throwing a party, then you won't have to worry about not being invited:D (ya know I am just joking right...right???)
Will pen this event on my calendar, just might be able to make a dive with ya'll... Anybody want to do a sunrise dive? LOL

#47 CynthiaS

CynthiaS

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:30 PM

OK, I'll bring two pounds of Coleman All Natural Beef Hotdogs (yeah, I'm a granola head) and some sugar-free limeade. I'll also bring relish, mustard, and horseradish sauce (non-organic for all you junk food cravers!). I've got some Gatorade powder for electrolyte replacement during the day, and some fruit roll-ups.

Also, I'll throw my party canopy in the car in case it rains; we can still hang outside unless it downpours.

I have non-disposable, plastic serving dishes/platters, serving utensils, and cups.

I like While Zinfandel to drink for a wine suggestion. Walgreens or Publix sells 3-liter cartons of Franzia for around $10 (hint, hint, someone?)

I've got numerous coolers to store things, too--I can bring one just to store ice, one for drinks, and one for food.

Edited by csolski, 28 June 2004 - 04:35 PM.

Cynthia

"Life, the Universe, and Everything"

#48 KBScarlett

KBScarlett

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox (aiming for Rescue)
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:15 AM

Ok, so what time are we supposed to show up, again? I'm so confused after being away for the week!!

I'll do my best to provide salsa.....I will also bring some refreshments of the alcoholic sort...wine or beer, depending on my mood, and dessert options....cookies, etc.

Anything I'm forgetting?

#49 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:15 PM

Ok, so what time are we supposed to show up, again? I'm so confused after being away for the week!!

I'll do my best to provide salsa.....I will also bring some refreshments of the alcoholic sort...wine or beer, depending on my mood, and dessert options....cookies, etc.

Anything I'm forgetting?

Anytime after 7 AM- I'm sleeping LATE!!!! :teeth:

Where'd you go? Was this your keys weekend? Trip report.....
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#50 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:19 PM

Hey Redheaded Stepchild!
Good thing you are throwing a party, then you won't have to worry about not being invited:D (ya know I am just joking right...right???)
Will pen this event on my calendar, just might be able to make a dive with ya'll... Anybody want to do a sunrise dive? LOL

:dltears: (sniffle) Well, after the way I was treated..... :welcome:

And, if you even think about anything before 7 AM, Jenny....well, it won't be pretty, that's for sure!

Are you going to bring the Hermitcrab?? :teeth:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#51 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:31 PM

Divers running rampant in Lauderdale By The Sea....

Woohoo!! This is really starting to come together! For those of you who are unsure of what to bring see what has already been spoken for HERE & let me know. now, who else is coming??
Marvel

Posted Image

#52 KBScarlett

KBScarlett

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox (aiming for Rescue)
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:05 PM

Anytime after 7 AM- I'm sleeping LATE!!!! :teeth:

Where'd you go? Was this your keys weekend? Trip report.....

I'll do my best to be there @ 8:30...I think that's the earliest I can force myself to manage...always remember, I've got the commute to consider :welcome:

I was actually on a liveaboard down to Cay Sal Bank....indescribable!!! Will bring the video if anyone wants...blue holes, wall dives, sharks galore...wow!

#53 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:12 PM

Oh yeah- bring it!!! I figured you for arond that time....Don't forget, I know you!! Maybe Walter will take Jenny out while I have my coffee :unsure:
Marvel

Posted Image

#54 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:32 PM

A sunrise dive does sound inviting.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#55 phree337

phree337

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:OW/Nitrox -- Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:Oh... We're supposed to write those down? :) (120+)

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:00 AM

You can count me in on this one too, Marvel. Don't know if I'll be leaving at midnight to show up for a sunrise dive (but don't put it past me!!).... I'd love to see what the reef looks like during the day at your house!! :thankyou:

Lemme get through finals this week and I'll let you know what I'll be bringing for food and drink....
-Lee

"I drank what?" -Socrates

#56 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:18 PM

Awesome :2cool: , Lee!! You're on the list!! (And Jenny will be SOOOO happy that someone, anyone wants to share in her sunrise madness)
Marvel

Posted Image

#57 scuba_jenny

scuba_jenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:25 PM

Ya know, until you do a sunrise dive, ya just have no idea what you're missing. Now if I bring Hermit Crab, is somebody available for bubble watching?

#58 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:37 PM

Hey, I like Sunrise dives (right, Jenny). Just nobody in the Great White North runs charters out that early.

Tell Hermit Crab Hello.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#59 scuba_jenny

scuba_jenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:45 PM

Too bad we didn't get to actually do one when you were here, but maybe next time, ok?
I will tell Hermit Crab hello for ya!

#60 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:59 PM

Ya know, until you do a sunrise dive, ya just have no idea what you're missing. Now if I bring Hermit Crab, is somebody available for bubble watching?

If she's very, very quiet while I drink my coffee..... :lol:

I'm sure this is going to be one of our typical days- multilple dives with not everyone doing all of them. Besides, I owe her a ride....
Marvel

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users