• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

S Florida Regional Dive Day & Happy Hour

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#76 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

Your cell is never on, but OK. I'll try both numbers and won't drop by until after we've talked. I wouldn't just drop in, darlin'.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#77 KBScarlett

KBScarlett

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox (aiming for Rescue)
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:00 AM

Touche, Walter! I'm sure I'll manage to turn it on for the occasion! K

#78 glendivesalot

glendivesalot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Expert
  • Logged Dives:700+

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:10 AM

I now find out that I will be out of town July 10th. Therefore, it looks like I have to miss the big event. Hope to catch up and do some diving with many of you soon.

#79 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:23 AM

I now find out that I will be out of town July 10th. Therefore, it looks like I have to miss the big event. Hope to catch up and do some diving with many of you soon.

That's such a shame, Glen- hope to get to dive with you soon!!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#80 glendivesalot

glendivesalot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:32 AM

And Marvel, I read your post about your solo dive. I like to solo dive myself. I write down in my log book that my buddy was Napoleon Solo. Anyway, anytime you need a buddy, let me know. I show you some great dive sites all over S. Fla.

Edited by glendivesalot, 06 July 2004 - 05:32 AM.

#81 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:46 AM

And Marvel, I read your post about your solo dive. I like to solo dive myself. I write down in my log book that my buddy was Napoleon Solo. Anyway, anytime you need a buddy, let me know. I show you some great dive sites all over S. Fla.

Hey I just heard that there is a wall off of the reef in Key Biscayne- as a new wall freak, I've gotta go dive that!! :fish2:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#82 glendivesalot

glendivesalot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:09 AM

Wall dives are my favorite type of dives. There are not many wall dives in S. Florida. The best one I know of in S. Fla is the Wreck of the Spiegel Grove. Since it landed on its side, it became a 510' long wall dive with the top of the wall at 50' and the bottom of the wall at 132'. You can drift along at any depth along the "wall" that you choose.

The Wreck of the Bibb is another wreck on its side and can be treated as a wall dive. It's 327' long and the top of the wreck is at 100' and the bottom is also at 132'. You can drift along this wall dive, and there is good marine life there, but bottom times are short because of the depth. Personally, I prefer the Duane (it's sister ship), which is sitting upright in 125' of water.

Conch Wall in Tavenier is another wall dive in S. Fla, with depths at the top of the wall at about 45' and 90' to the bottom.

Now, if you REALLY want to do some great wall dives, head for Cozumel, the Cayman Islands or Turks & Caicos. Of course, wall dives in Palau are pretty amazing also!

#83 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:25 AM

Not to mention Bonaire....
Marvel

Posted Image

#84 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:28 AM

Conch Wall in Tavenier is another wall dive in S. Fla, with depths at the top of the wall at about 45' and 90' to the bottom.

Actually, that wall runs a lot farther than just Conch, it's still healthy and beautiful at least as far north as Molasses Reef and at least as far south as Marathon. Conch wall itself varies a great deal in depth, with the top of the wall sometimes as shallow as 40 feet and sometimes as deep as 90 ft. The bottom ranges from 90 ft to about 120 - 130 ft. Conch is one of my favorite dives.

The Bibb (I've seen 137 on the Bibb) isn't a dive I'd consider a wall, but I agree with you on the Grove. It's a big boring metal wall with a few places that cease being a wall and get somewhat interesting.

DSSW,

WWW™

#85 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:10 AM

I just got a call from a new member- Peter who will be joining us with his non-diving friends on Saturday. The list is growing again.... :fish2:

Still need to know what people are bringing. Here's a link to the first post that lists the whos & whats so hose of you who are unsure can get an idea of what's missing & what you may want to bring: The List:
Marvel

Posted Image

#86 scuba_jenny

scuba_jenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:216

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:37 PM

Hey folks, I am cancelling out of the sunrise dive. I have the opportunity to do a boat dive. However, I hope to stop by, and maybe catch a beach dive with ya'll in the afternoon. Have fun on the sunrise dive and think of me. Maybe we can do it another time

Edited by scuba_jenny, 07 July 2004 - 08:38 PM.

#87 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:39 AM

Hey folks, I am cancelling out of the sunrise dive. I have the opportunity to do a boat dive. However, I hope to stop by, and maybe catch a beach dive with ya'll in the afternoon. Have fun on the sunrise dive and think of me. Maybe we can do it another time

Bad, bad Jenny- that dive was your idea!! :teeth: Have a great time on the boat & come on by later.... :cool1:
Marvel

Posted Image

#88 claire

claire

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:Many?, but not lately...50+

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:08 AM

Hey Marvel..... :cool1:

Do we have a time to meet????

Need me to bring anything else? I'm not sure my regulator will be out of the shop
by Saturday, but I'll be there with bells on anyway!

#89 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:19 AM

Claire,

I can bring an extra regulator for you to use. Would you like one hose or two?

Walter

DSSW,

WWW™

#90 GrierHPharmD

GrierHPharmD

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:86 (as of 4/4/04)

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:21 AM

Hi folks,

Is the Saturday sunrise dive still on? I'm not sure I'm going to be free, but if I can wiggle a way there, I'd love to join you guys.

(We've still got a lot to do with the house, and the in-laws are coming next weekend, so I'll have to dive and run, but at least it would be a chance to see my buds.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users