• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What does 2007 Hold In Store for YOUR travel plans?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:22 PM

Chuck check out the Malapascua area near Cebu....Gave info to Kim months ago...I'm looking to go next September.
You must endeavor to pursue!

#17 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:32 PM

Chuck check out the Malapascua area near Cebu....Gave info to Kim months ago...I'm looking to go next September.

Scott I think you sent me info on that area. Was that the place that had the thresher sharks? I'd be interested in checking that out. September is usually a good time for me to go. I've been diving the last 3 Septembers and am going to Fiji this year leaving on Aug 31.

#18 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:41 PM

Yep...that is the spot.....small and big stuff....still checking it out...plan on having it booked by November :D

#19 kittydiverChris

kittydiverChris

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (2006), Nitrox (2005)
  • Logged Dives:204

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

I do not do any diving locally here in Buffalo, NY. I also prefer the beauty of the sea and warm water.

So a longer trip of 2 weeks would be great. Best time for me is during the summer since I am a teacher. End of June to End of August.

I would like either of the two listed below:
1. 2 weeks to a Hawaian/South Pacific/Galapogos trip or
2. 2 weeks to the Carribean that has island hoping to 2 places.

Travel restrictions are not a problem for me. Funds wouldn't be if I plan for it.

Also like the large group atmosphere with lots to do, games and such, ways to get to know people besides diving. I go for the diving sure, but also have to have some fun time in there too.

Edited by kittydiver, 25 August 2006 - 09:11 PM.

#20 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:19 PM

oz* will be my 2007 trip.

I think the terror threat is real, but insignificant to an individual on any given trip - thus a trip to Eilat or Sharm would be fine with me - and we might bottom feed on some good deals.

* For the unsophisticated illiterates who don't get out enough, that would be Australia.

Edited by Capn Jack, 26 August 2006 - 06:46 AM.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#21 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

oz will be my 2007 trip.

I think the terror threat is real, but insignificant to an individual on any given trip - thus a trip to Eilat or Sharm would be fine with me - and we might bottom feed on some good deals.

Wasn't planning on any dive trips for next year, but I would consider the Red Sea. And as of right this minute, it is not on the militaries restricted list
"

#22 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:56 AM

I plan to buy my daughter a new regulator for her Xmas present, so there is little doubt that we will have to try it out around the first of the year in a warm location - likely Belize or Cozumel. I also have plenty of FF miles so may use some to take a trip to the Big Island in Hawaii at some point (found that Hawaii is one of the best way to expend FF miles). Also, loved Holbox, so will try to go back there next summer with my daughter and a friend to do the whale shark thing again - maybe stay a whole week and chill and explore it thoroughly. Other than that, will likely do Flower Gardens at some point, and who knows what else.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#23 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

I plan to buy my daughter a new regulator for her Xmas present, so there is little doubt that we will have to try it out around the first of the year in a warm location - likely Belize or Cozumel.

Just booked a week, beginning Jan. 6, on Roatan at the Inn of Last Resort, as a graduation [from TAMU-G]present for my daughter. They extended the "Holiday Special" into January. You, or any other SD'er is welcome to join us.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#24 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:29 AM

Scott I think you sent me info on that area. Was that the place that had the thresher sharks? I'd be interested in checking that out. September is usually a good time for me to go. I've been diving the last 3 Septembers and am going to Fiji this year leaving on Aug 31.

:P Chuck researching this further they have over 2000 species of fish in the Philippines more than the GBR. The Threshers are seen on a regular basis at Malapascua....I think this is a slam dunk for September 07. Big and small stuff :D Plus it is half the price of just about anywhere else.

#25 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:13 AM

I've got a couple weeks off, February into March. Whoo hoo, 2 week spring break! :P :D Glad they are making up for the 2 day spring break we had last year. :lmao:

Then I want to take some time off after graduation and before joining the "real world" again.

:flirt:

#26 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:54 PM

oz* will be my 2007 trip.

* For the unsophisticated illiterates who don't get out enough, that would be Australia.

I'm with you on this one --now, all I have to do is figure out how to get the time together next year to be able to make it worthwhile to fly all that way...

The PlatypusMan in Australia. Has a nice ring to it; might even make a great video title, eh?

PlatypusMan
... only seven more days to Roatan!! Woo hoo!!!

#27 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:10 PM

:P Chuck researching this further they have over 2000 species of fish in the Philippines more than the GBR. The Threshers are seen on a regular basis at Malapascua....I think this is a slam dunk for September 07. Big and small stuff :flirt: Plus it is half the price of just about anywhere else.

Scott,

I'm definitely interested. How many days are you planning? :D

#28 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

Chuck,
I'm looking at Mid Sept. for about 10 to 14 days. I want at least 9 days of diving. Plus it takes a couple of days to get there. I will probably fly LAX to Hong Kong then to Cebu City.....Hopefully if there is enough interest perhaps a small SD group.....everything I am reading...it is great diving in this area if you want the combination of Big and Small stuff.

#29 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

Chuck,
I'm looking at Mid Sept. for about 10 to 14 days. I want at least 9 days of diving. Plus it takes a couple of days to get there. I will probably fly LAX to Hong Kong then to Cebu City.....Hopefully if there is enough interest perhaps a small SD group.....everything I am reading...it is great diving in this area if you want the combination of Big and Small stuff.

Yeah I've heard great things about the Philippines from people who have dived there and who have dived at other places I've dived so I know what they are comparing it to. I'd actually perfer going earlier in September myself. I only get so many vacation days a year and if I can use a holiday(labor day) it cuts down on the number of vacation days I need to use. What airlines are you looking at?

#30 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

Chuck,

The DM I dive with in Palau....went to the Philippines in March after I left Palau...He is into the small stuff....He found something like 15 things he has never seen before, he loved the Philippines. The Malapascua area has the Gato Island...that is a muck divers paradise...you will be in heaven..LOL

I will probably go on Cathy Pacific and fly from LAX-Hong Kong-Cebu.... looks as though there is only one or two direct flights to Manilla a week from the west coast and it looks like everyone stops in either Japan, China or Guam...So I may add a couple of days to hang out in Hong Kong....Love that city :cheerleader:

Regarding the timing...I'm pretty open...for me usually the 2nd week of Sept works better...I do have Kona planned for Mid August...trying to space out trips...but who knows what I will be doing next year.....Lets see if our discussion gets Kamala to put a small trip/group together....She may be able to get a little better price and cut the transportation costs from Cebu....still it is pennies compared to anywhere else in the world...LOL

Cannot really book Air till mid to late Oct.

Edited by Travelnsj, 26 August 2006 - 09:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users