• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

October DOM - All Texas Event

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you like for Dinner on Saturday Night (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Options:

1. Fajita's - Beef & Chicken (13 votes [48.15%])

Percentage of vote: 48.15%

2. BBQ (Smoked Pork, Chicken, Salmon, Beef Brisket) & all the fixens by Steve Sadler! (11 votes [40.74%])

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

3. Other (explain below) (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:05 PM

Hey everyone I'm looking forward to meeting everybody at Athens and for the ones that cant make it I hope everything turns out for you :cool1: . I have to work 5 days in only 4 days to get a day off ??? :ph34r:

Bubski

Don't worry Bubs. I know your boss, I'm sure I can arrange to get you an extra day off or two! :D

#122 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

Y'all have a great time up there as I will not be able to make it. Bubski, take care of the ladies for me! I know you can do it!
-Mitch-

#123 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:04 AM

Crap.

Just got a call that my assistant is in the ER. She had injured her back about a month or so ago, and the pain finally got to be too much -- they were wheeling her into x-ray when she called.

This may completely screw up my being able to go to Athens this weekend. All I can say right now is: if you see me there on Sunday, then I'm there.

PlatypusMan

#124 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:07 PM

I hope all is well with you assistant!

#125 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:14 PM

I hope all is well with you assistant!

Still awaiting word about possible surgery. She'll be out for at least the remainder of this week, but I have Sunday covered at the shop, so I should be in Athens after all.

PlatypusMan

#126 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:51 PM

Just a couple updates

Dinner for Saturday night is going to be fajitas as the secondary poll falls in line with the one in the thread. also the second cobbler is going to be the apple/pineapple rum cobbler, so i went ahead and got the pineapple and its already soaking in the rum

I need to double check with the park but looking at the state fire service report the fire ban for henderson county has been lifted, so thats a good thing. also the water temp is around 70 degrees so be sure to bring your thicker suits.

Then for those that are coming out for saturday only will you let me know if your are staying for dinner please PM me as i have a adjusted cost for just saturday only, but i need to know so that i have a accurate count for ordering as the order for the fajita meat will go in the morning so that it will be ready in time.

Then anyone who is coming out and hasnt paid please do so that supplies for the weekend can be gotten.

Tooth

I probably won't stay for dinner on Saturday, not that I don't want to... but have to watch my diet as I been having some stomach problems which I just found out about and have to stay clear of anything spicy.. :D

Dejah

#127 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:12 PM

Deb, and others

I know all about stomach problems and spicy as i avoid it as much as i can, which is why im going keep the spices on the side as mild to one person is atomic to another.

Dan

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#128 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:34 PM

Sign me up! I will be there Friday afternoon, as long as it does not rain.

:D Looking forward to meeting you Domino22! Too much good karma surrounding this event, there will be no rain! :wavey:

Just a quick note that I'm going to do my best to come out for the day on Saturday. I unfornately can't do the full weekend as I don't have any time to take off work yet, and the following week is going to be non-stop at work. I look forward to making it out there and hangin with everyone for the day..

Dejah

Dejah...It will be so wonderful to see you again. I think it's been almost 2 years since I last saw you. We really should do this more often you know? :angel2:

#129 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:31 AM

for drinks with dinner what is yalls preference regular soda, diet, bottle water etc, post it please.

To those that are coming and having dinner with us and havent payed go aheadand just bring it with you and please send me a PM and let me know so i have a accurate count.

Then if anyone wants to bring any munchies or snacks with them feel free to.

See you all in a couple of days

Dan

Edited by Scubatooth, 25 October 2006 - 10:35 AM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#130 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:05 AM

Sign me up! I will be there Friday afternoon, as long as it does not rain.

:diver: Looking forward to meeting you Domino22! Too much good karma surrounding this event, there will be no rain! :birthday:

Just a quick note that I'm going to do my best to come out for the day on Saturday. I unfornately can't do the full weekend as I don't have any time to take off work yet, and the following week is going to be non-stop at work. I look forward to making it out there and hangin with everyone for the day..

Dejah

Dejah...It will be so wonderful to see you again. I think it's been almost 2 years since I last saw you. We really should do this more often you know? :fish:

I totally agree Sandy.. and I'm going to be doing my best to jump online more often since I now have a working computer and things have gotten better.

#131 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:00 PM

for drinks with dinner what is yalls preference regular soda, diet, bottle water etc, post it please.

To those that are coming and having dinner with us and havent payed go aheadand just bring it with you and please send me a PM and let me know so i have a accurate count.

Then if anyone wants to bring any munchies or snacks with them feel free to.

See you all in a couple of days

Dan

I'm planning on bringing my own beverages, which I think everyone should do. I'll probably bring a couple of gallons of water to share.
I'm going to make some home-made cookies to share and bring some other snacks, although I haven't decided what that will be.
Don't hesitate to delagate some supplies/whatever to me.
We should have great weather and a lot of fun. :teeth:

Edited by Stingray1, 25 October 2006 - 12:01 PM.

Phyllis

#132 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:14 PM

I guess when we check in to the park, we we won't have a problem finding the SingleDivers. Right?
I notice on the Lake Athens site, you have to check in before the dive shop closes at 5:00, so if I get there after 5, will I be turned away? :teeth:
Phyllis

#133 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:11 PM

They know we'll be there Friday night...I've never had an issue arriving later than 5pm; usually, you just need to check in the next morning

#134 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:10 PM

They know we'll be there Friday night...I've never had an issue arriving later than 5pm; usually, you just need to check in the next morning

You mean, I won't have to do a navy seal mission to get into the park? :teeth:
Too bad! :o
Phyllis

#135 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:00 PM

Phyllis
Go ahead and do your Navy Seal thing.... I'll have my camera ready :dazzler:
I'm packed and I'll be on the road to Athens tomorrow... everybody come and get to Athens Scuba Park..
All the other amenities are just two minutes away. Scuba Punk is bringing her six room condo/tent for those who want to stay at the park. Calvin told me that the burn ban has been lifted and now we can have a campfire if we need to or not..... I'm think-n Smores and Roasted Marshmellows :D

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users