• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SC DOM Oct 28th

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:OW working on AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:44 PM

Now I wish I could be there too... :banghead:

Diving the cemetary...a REAL cemetary would be really :banghead:

WW, I think if you wanted to come, Bill you give you all the air you could breathe! Since he gave you that ring a couple of weeks ago and promised his life to you, you could probably get a dry suit and gear too so you wouldn't have to travel with it.

If you decide to come, we are just a couple of hours plane ride away and the loving arms of your honey Bill await you!

We look forward to meeting you ---soon we hope!

USBB

#17 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Got my OW at Lake Jocassee in September, 2005 (with Bill Routh)
  • Logged Dives:15-ish

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

(Smiles as he practices taking directions from intelligent, strong and talented women!) :-D

Well, it's about time :-D
Following Him,

Jocasseegirl (aka Debbie Fletcher)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#18 Drewbud

Drewbud

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox, PPB I'm very new to diving but really excited to learn as much as I can.
  • Logged Dives:9...but working real hard to increase that!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:18 AM

Drewbud great to hear you are joining us! I look forward to meeting you. Is this your first time to lake Jocassee?

Yup, this will be my first time there. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some more dives in before the winter starts. From hanging out on the boards I hear great things about lake Jocassee.

BTW...congrats on the Engagement!!!!!

#19 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:36 AM

Drewbud great to hear you are joining us! I look forward to meeting you. Is this your first time to lake Jocassee?

Yup, this will be my first time there. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some more dives in before the winter starts. From hanging out on the boards I hear great things about lake Jocassee.

Drewbud - fair warning! I will talk your ear off about Jocassee - not just the lake, but the beautiful valley it used to be. Just want to give you a heads up in case you want to bring along some ear plugs! :welcome:
Following Him,

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#20 Drewbud

Drewbud

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox, PPB I'm very new to diving but really excited to learn as much as I can.
  • Logged Dives:9...but working real hard to increase that!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:21 PM

LOL...that's perfectly ok. I really enjoy learning about the places I visit. I was playing a gig in Huntsville, AL a few weeks ago and during our set break one of the locals took us to this sring downtown that the city was built around. It was facinating hearing the history behind places. Feel free to talk away :birthday:

#21 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:46 PM

Between Debbie aka Jocasseegirl and Bill aka OTWdiver they know about the lake and valley than just about anybody else. They are the go to people when it comes to Jocassee.

Drew, do you have any cd's of your band? Bring them along!! We would love to hear them. You can do the air guitar for during your bass solos so we can get a feel for the live concert deal! LOL!! Are you guys going to be playing in Asheville,NC or Greenville, Anderson, or Spartanburg, SC?? those are all about an hour from the lake. Anytime you are up this way let us know and somebody will make it out to the lake to dive with you. One of us is always there looking for a good buddy.

See you next weekend.
USBB

#22 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:08 PM

Since we only have a few days left until our next dive, if you still want to come, you can post in this thread and bring a check the day of the event made out to Single Divers and give it to Off the Wall Dive Charters at the shop. Just post and let us know you will be coming so we can save a spot on the boat for you!

#23 Rocky_B

Rocky_B

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech
  • Logged Dives:110

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:48 PM

I am undecided at this point. I might go in for a couple of shore dives, but doubt I could stay long enough for a boat dive (several other things going on that weekend). Would it be OK if I just show up unannounced? I know the boat ramp is a public access site, but I would hate to be seen as a "gate crasher". I don't really know what the protocol is for these things, never having attended one before.

Maybe if I brought some extra hot chocolate to share? :birthday:

Jim gate crashers are welcome anytime. We would love to have your for all or part of the weekend. Whatever your time will allow for. If you are shore diving only the cost for the part is $2. You can pick up air and tanks at OTW if you need them. If you can't stay for the boat ride this time, we will look forward to a boat dive with you another day. Just look for us on the ramp We almost had the whole ramp to ourselves last time. It was a lot of fun.

We are going to try to do these often with a combo of both boat and ramp diving to take advantage of all the lake has to offer as well as work with the various skill levels of those who come.

I for one really enjoy my shallow dives the most when I am toting a mesh bag full of canned dog food, dry food and bread. The fish swarm me like a pack of dogs following a load of meat on a hot day. I never put cheese in the mix as I hear it kills the fish. Anyway the last time I was covered up with brim, perch, big carp and bass. It was the best dive of the weekend for me.

USBB

#24 Rocky_B

Rocky_B

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:52 PM

I am undecided at this point. I might go in for a couple of shore dives, but doubt I could stay long enough for a boat dive (several other things going on that weekend). Would it be OK if I just show up unannounced? I know the boat ramp is a public access site, but I would hate to be seen as a "gate crasher". I don't really know what the protocol is for these things, never having attended one before.

Jim gate crashers are welcome anytime. We would love to have your for all or part of the weekend. Whatever your time will allow for. If you are shore diving only the cost for the part is $2. You can pick up air and tanks at OTW if you need them. If you can't stay for the boat ride this time, we will look forward to a boat dive with you another day. Just look for us on the ramp We almost had the whole ramp to ourselves last time. It was a lot of fun.

We are going to try to do these often with a combo of both boat and ramp diving to take advantage of all the lake has to offer as well as work with the various skill levels of those who come.

I for one really enjoy my shallow dives the most when I am toting a mesh bag full of canned dog food, dry food and bread. The fish swarm me like a pack of dogs following a load of meat on a hot day. I never put cheese in the mix as I hear it kills the fish. Anyway the last time I was covered up with brim, perch, big carp and bass. It was the best dive of the weekend for me.

USBB

I went a few weeks ago with Greg (OTW's sidekick) and I believe thet temp at the cemetary was around 51 or 52. The lake was down a good bit making the depth about 127. I have a CPR, 1st Aid, and blood borne pathogens class Saturday but I hope to make the night dives. I look forward to making the trip and dives and meeting the people. Hope Bill has a great turnout.

#25 Rocky_B

Rocky_B

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:53 PM

USBB

I went a few weeks ago with Greg (OTW's sidekick) and I believe thet temp at the cemetary was around 51 or 52. The lake was down a good bit making the depth about 127. I have a CPR, 1st Aid, and blood borne pathogens class Saturday but I hope to make the night dives. I look forward to making the trip and dives and meeting the people. Hope Bill has a great turnout.

no quote just me Rocky.GaDiver

#26 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:13 PM

Rocky, glad you are going to make to do some diving with us. I updated you on the list. Looking forward to meeting you and getting in some great diving!

#27 lakediver

lakediver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

Sounds fun. I heard the grave yard is about 125ft. right now. Does anyone know, I would love to dive it.

#28 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

Sounds fun. I heard the grave yard is about 125ft. right now. Does anyone know, I would love to dive it.

At full pond, it's about 138ffw, and the lake is down about 12.5 feet . . . so sounds like you are about right!
Following Him,

#29 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

I am packed and ready to go. I am getting a couple of 130 cu ft tanks to be able to keep up with Debbie in her 80 cu ft. I just don't understand how she sips air and can make it last forever!!! I thought a 100 cu ft would even the score last time we dove together and she still out lasted me. Unreal!!!!

It is going to be a great weekend of diving. Just packed the hot choc, coffee and 20+ kinds of tea. The ramp is not crowded this time of year so we should have pleanty of room for the SD ramp party!!

Tried the surface interval tent heater yesterday. It works great, so we should have a nice warm place to rest between dives. We are going to set the tent up about 15 or 20 feet from the water so there won't be any long hikes with gear to get to the shelter and warm up.

Really looking forward to diving with you guys this weekend!
See you there with tanks on!

Leah

#30 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:10 PM

Oh we will have hot cider too!

For anyone who wants to bring along a pot of some soup or something, bring it on! I will have my Coleman stove and we can put on and heat it up for you.

See you there!

USBB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users