• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SC DOM Oct 28th

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:OW working on AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:15 AM

SC October 28 Dive of the month at Lake Jocassee

The official dive of the month begins at dusk on the murky waters of lake Jocassee. As the sun sets we will move through the gentle fog closing in around the lake and hover over the old Mount Carmel Baptist cemetery. Beware who knows what you might see at depth! Things best not spoken of in the day wait below!

We will offer 2 dive locations for our costume-clad divers. One for advanced deep divers right on the old cemtary in about 140-160’ and one for our open water buddies in a location that I am forbidden of speaking!

The pre dive party begins at 9:00am on the ramp and will last until an hour and a half before dusk. We will pack up and the more the party to Bill’s shop Off the Wall dive Charters. Please bring your own snack and beverages for the ramp diving.

Cost for dive of the month charter at dusk is $30.00 and include 2 tanks of air. Please make checks payable to Single Divers and put your screen name in the memo section. Also post under this thread to let us know the check is in the mail so we can add you to the list

Payment Information:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC, Diners) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number, screen name and trip name in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

We must have your name, address, screen name and trip name in the memo section of the check to be credited properly for this trip

For the pre dive party you can get the following directly from Bill at Off the Wall Please contact Bill in advance at 864-944-9255 if you need any gear to reserve what you need or email him at bill@offthewalldiving.com For those not familiar Bill has all the air you can breath at his shop right next to the lake.

Rental lighting hand held or helmet mount are both available.
AIR FILLS** $6 / $8 Nitrox …….80 cu. ft.
AIR FILLS** $8 / $10 Nitrox ……100 & 120 cu. ft.
Tank Rental $8 air / $10 Nitrox …..80 cu. ft.
Tank Rental $10 air / $12 Nitrox…..100 & 120 cu. ft.
$15.00 Regulator rental
$15.00 BC rental
$15.00 Wet Suit rental
$25.00 Dry Suit rental
$5.00 wrist mount compass rental
** Discount Fill Cards Are available to save you $1.00 per fill *

The post dive party will continue Saturday night at a cookout at the Off the Walls Dive Charter Shop. Please bring your own meat to grill and a big side to share. Lemonade and Water will be provided.

Primitive camping is also available Saturday night around the bon fire in Bill’s orchard.

Sunday the post dive of the month party will continue for all interested parties as soon as we wake up and gear up!!!

So who is with me? I will be diving from sun up to sun down both days. My check is in the mail to Single divers for $30 and OTWBill my email is off to you with my gear and air needs.

USBB

Who's Going:

1.Leah aka UnderSeaBumbleBee camping, diving both days on the ramp, night dive on the boat
2.Debbie aka Jocasseegirl diving on the ramp
3. Bill aka OTWBill will be running charters both days on the lake and Sat night
4. Drewbud camping, diving both days on the ramp, night dive on the boat
5. RockyGADiver Saturday night dive
6. Lakediver
9 .

Edited by UnderSeaBumbleBee, 24 October 2006 - 06:21 PM.

#2 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Got my OW at Lake Jocassee in September, 2005 (with Bill Routh)
  • Logged Dives:15-ish

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:47 AM

My check is in the mail :)
Following Him,

Jocasseegirl (aka Debbie Fletcher)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#3 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

Just a quick note on lodging for those that might be coming in from out of town. Devils Fork State park encompasses the lake and has a full campground with hookups and it 5 minutes from OTW

http://www.southcaro...-park/1355.aspx

Bill at OTW is offering primative camping in his orchard at no charge for this event---just let him know that you will be taking him up on this.

Easley, SC if about 45 minutes from the lake and has several hotels
http://yellowpages.b...s...ing^Hotels^

That is all--Swarm ON!!
USBB

#4 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:48 PM

Well, just picked up the heater for the surface interval tent to keep everyone toasty between dives and of course we will have plenty of hot chocolate and apple cider to go around!
See ya there!

#5 Drewbud

Drewbud

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox, PPB I'm very new to diving but really excited to learn as much as I can.
  • Logged Dives:9...but working real hard to increase that!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:41 PM

Check's in the mail...well it will be tomorrow AM :cool1:

Thanks for the advice Leah :)

#6 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

Just out of curiousity, what are the water temps in Lake Jocassee this time of year?
Will DIR for food!

#7 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:26 AM

Drew glad you are coming along. We are looking forward to having you. I know you are a semi professional musician about to break through. So does that mean we can get you to bring along the guitar? So one day we can say, "Yeah back when Drew was just coming of age he played for us around the camp fire. That was just before his big break and before all those grammy's (sp?) and all those triple platinum albums. I have lost count now??? Is it 23 or 24 albums??"

Jim when we dove 2 weeks ago the temps were about mid 70's. I would guess above 60' or so that we would be seeing low 70's to mid 60's. If you are going to do some deep diving, then expect low 60's to 50's.

Jim hope you can join us for the fun!!!

For those not familiar with Jocassee, you can back your vehicle right up to the waters edge down the dive ramp so you don't have to lug gear a long way and the SI tent will be very close to the water too. When we go out on the boat, you can pull your vehicle right beside the boat before we launch. It really saves your back and is nice not to have to carry gear a long way.

#8 Drewbud

Drewbud

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox, PPB I'm very new to diving but really excited to learn as much as I can.
  • Logged Dives:9...but working real hard to increase that!

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:55 AM

LOL....you're just helping keep my pipe dream alive much to the dismay of my boss :cool1: Unfortuantly I don't play the regular guitar, I play bass (the much less glamorous stringed instrument) so it doesn't lend itself well to campfire playing :birthday: Times like this I wished I did play a normal guitar. It will be with me but without amplification only those with superman hearing can pick it up. Sorry for the dissapointment...I will happy do a silly jig around the fire for everyone's entertainment to make up for it :)

#9 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Got my OW at Lake Jocassee in September, 2005 (with Bill Routh)
  • Logged Dives:15-ish

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

LOL....you're just helping keep my pipe dream alive much to the dismay of my boss :) Unfortuantly I don't play the regular guitar, I play bass (the much less glamorous stringed instrument) so it doesn't lend itself well to campfire playing :birthday: Times like this I wished I did play a normal guitar. It will be with me but without amplification only those with superman hearing can pick it up. Sorry for the dissapointment...I will happy do a silly jig around the fire for everyone's entertainment to make up for it :birthday:

Not to worry, Drewbud . . . I'll bring my IPOD :cool1:
Following Him,

Jocasseegirl (aka Debbie Fletcher)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#10 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

Leah aka underseabumblebee thank you for doing such a great job to get this organized. Let me know what you need me to do and I will do it. (Smiles as he practices taking directions from intelligent, strong and talented women!) :banghead:

I hope we have a great turn out. Halloween on the cemetary is a life altering experience! :banghead:
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#11 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

Drewbud great to hear you are joining us! I look forward to meeting you. Is this your first time to lake Jocassee?
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#12 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:00 PM

Jim when we dove 2 weeks ago the temps were about mid 70's. I would guess above 60' or so that we would be seeing low 70's to mid 60's. If you are going to do some deep diving, then expect low 60's to 50's.

Sounds like drysuit diving for sure!

I am undecided at this point. I might go in for a couple of shore dives, but doubt I could stay long enough for a boat dive (several other things going on that weekend). Would it be OK if I just show up unannounced? I know the boat ramp is a public access site, but I would hate to be seen as a "gate crasher". I don't really know what the protocol is for these things, never having attended one before.

Maybe if I brought some extra hot chocolate to share? :banghead:
Will DIR for food!

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,708 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:26 PM

Sounds like drysuit diving for sure!

I am undecided at this point. I might go in for a couple of shore dives, but doubt I could stay long enough for a boat dive (several other things going on that weekend). Would it be OK if I just show up unannounced? I know the boat ramp is a public access site, but I would hate to be seen as a "gate crasher". I don't really know what the protocol is for these things, never having attended one before.

It is certainly drysuit diving for me! When I dove the cemetary I'm not sure you can reach it via shore dive but I'll let the experts tell you that. I know the boat ride made it quite easy.

The price of this event covers the boat rides and rental tanks or fills. The food is all extra so while everyone would love to have you join in on the boat dives...you can certainly bring your own grilling food and beverages and join the festivities that way!

So keep us posted and CERTAINLY join us if you can do so even at the last minute! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,708 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

Now I wish I could be there too... :banghead:

Diving the cemetary...a REAL cemetary would be really :banghead:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#15 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:39 PM

[quote name='JimG' date='Oct 20 2006, 01:00 PM' post='159428'

[/quote]

Jim gate crashers are welcome anytime. We would love to have your for all or part of the weekend. Whatever your time will allow for. If you are shore diving only the cost for the part is $2. You can pick up air and tanks at OTW if you need them. If you can't stay for the boat ride this time, we will look forward to a boat dive with you another day. Just look for us on the ramp We almost had the whole ramp to ourselves last time. It was a lot of fun.

We are going to try to do these often with a combo of both boat and ramp diving to take advantage of all the lake has to offer as well as work with the various skill levels of those who come.

I for one really enjoy my shallow dives the most when I am toting a mesh bag full of canned dog food, dry food and bread. The fish swarm me like a pack of dogs following a load of meat on a hot day. I never put cheese in the mix as I hear it kills the fish. Anyway the last time I was covered up with brim, perch, big carp and bass. It was the best dive of the weekend for me.

USBB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users