• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NJ Happy Hour December 2, 2006

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:37 PM

Anyone up for a dive/ happy hour?

Updated by the SD Happy Hour crew... :welcome:

Date: December 2, 2006
Place: Arthur's Landing followed by skating in NYC at the "rink of death". NYC bar still to be announced...
Time: Arthur's Landing - 4:30
NYC - approximately 6:30

There is also a dive beforehand at Horseshoe Cove starting at 1:00

The "In" List:

Member....................................Arthur's/NYC

sparky103 ......................................Y/?
Bubble Boy......................................Y/Y
Latitude Adjustment..........................Y/?
Surelyshirly.....................................Y/?
solodiver in nj..................................Y/Y
Moose.............................................Y/Y
Fairybasslet.....................................Y/N
Tolly...............................................N/N
Starfish Sandy.................................?/?
TraceMalin.......................................?/?
secretsea18.....................................N/N
Pocahontas......................................N/Y

#2 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:33 AM

Too cold to dive around here but I'm up for a Happy Hour. :angel2: :welcome:

#3 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:18 AM

Not this weekend, the bars will be clogged with Democrats celebrating and Republicans crying in their beers :welcome:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#4 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

I might be able to make it, depending on day and time. :welcome:

Robin

#5 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:17 PM

Mark,

I'm game, but open for suggestions.

Are you thinking boat diving or something offshore?

I would like to stay in temps above 50 deg f so I can dive in my wetsuit. I just got back from diving mid 50's in Monterey CA and that was fine.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#6 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:05 PM

Mark,

I would like to stay in temps above 50 deg f so I can dive in my wetsuit. I just got back from diving mid 50's in Monterey CA and that was fine.

Monte,
Looks like your the only one who wants to dive. Can't promise water temps above 50, this past weekend I got 58 though (along with verifying a leak in my drysuit) so it should be around there. I know someone that is always looking for people to dive off of his boat, so if you want to take the trip... Currently Saturday is the day but if it gets blown out it will be Sunday. Let me know.

As for Happy Hour, when is good for everyone and where. The place we went in June (?) was nice.

#7 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

Mark,

I was thinking more along the lines of a BAR! :2cool:

#8 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:56 PM

Mark,

I was thinking more along the lines of a BAR! :2cool:

Sand bar? I'll do a beach dive if you want to...

#9 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:35 AM

Mark, Jersey IS a sand bar. That place in June was centeral for those who came.
Here's the view from the parking lot, the view from the bar was closer.
Posted Image
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#10 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:08 AM

As I recall, the restaurant was Arthur's Landing. You can walk to it from the NY Waterway Ferry, so it's good for both NJ & NY divers. I can make it there this Saturday eve.

Unfortunately, I can't dive Saturday unless it's in the afternoon. Just realized I have a dentist appointment at 10:00 a.m. which I've already cancelled twice. If I cancel again, I probably won't get ANY novacaine.

I can dive Sunday though. So, if you get blown out on Saturday or decide to shift dates, count me in. Just let me know the details (when, where, dive profiles, etc. ) and what to bring in the way of extra safety gear.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#11 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:53 PM

Monte,
I will let you know early Saturday if we get blown out and are going on Sunday. Equipment list we can talk about, but I can probably get the things you don't have.
Reel/ Spool, SMB, Redundant air source would be on the top of the list. If you want to borrow the 130 again that's fine (I will adjust valve as necessary for your regulator), may want a second tank though.

Location of Happy Hour is fine with me, just have to settle on a time and day Saturday might be an issue with my dive schedule but if everyone else can make it i'll catch up next time.

#12 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

Mark, Jersey IS a sand bar. That place in June was centeral for those who came.
Here's the view from the parking lot, the view from the bar was closer.
Posted Image

Nice shot Ray!
So based on the amount of responses, it seems like maybe the planning on this is alittle too soon. Should we plan one for say two weeks (the weekend after Thanksgiving) and hope for more responses? Or is this a go? Or should we just forget about HH? Or should we move to Texas as it seems they have a big HH crew. We should go there and kidnap Platypus, maybe a mascot would help...

#13 Surelyshirly

Surelyshirly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:59 PM

I'm in, lets get a when and where!

Week after Thanksgiving sounds great.

Edited by Surelyshirly, 10 November 2006 - 11:06 PM.

#14 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:07 AM

The weekend after Thanksgiving is okay for me too.

Signed and Dated

#15 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:25 PM

The weekend after Thanksgiving is okay for me too.

Is that the 25/26 of Nov or the 1st weekend of Dec? ( For the chronologically challenged as am I) :cheerleader: The 1st weekend I will be returning from the land of the "four fingered mouse" where my golf balls will still be wet;but not me :diver:(I must get a dive trip soon) :) The 2nd I'm available. Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users