• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NJ Happy Hour December 2, 2006

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#31 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:54 PM

I might be able to make it on the 2nd. I was hoping to be in Cozumel around then but SOMEBODY is standing me up.
:P
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#32 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:44 PM

I might be able to make it on the 2nd. I was hoping to be in Cozumel around then but SOMEBODY is standing me up.
:)

:P :-D I keep telling the Navy that this work thing is getting in the way of my diving and social life but they don't seem to care.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#33 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:42 AM

I'm don't have much info on shore diving that area either. I'm putting some feelers out to guys that dive that area more. I don't know if any boats are planning a dive in Dec. I could bring a boat, but then I can't really dive 8>(

I'll let you know when I get some answers. In the meantime, if anyone here has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

I was checking out one of the dive websites for NJ and I found this...
http://www.njscuba.n...l#NavesinkRiver

The navesink river. Sounds like a junk dive, but hey, it's close and it will be dec, who wants to dive long then? We could look up high tide (slack tide time is pretty mandatory.) Better yet, if the HH place is flexible, there is a nice bar/restaurant right there. This dive is not for beginners, however.

Next, there is...
http://www.njscuba.n...l#HorseshoeCove
Horseshoe Cove sounds really exciting. In fact, I may dive it the next chance I get (thanksgiving?)
I'm definitely bringing my UW metal detector there! 8>) This dive should work for any skill level.

Either way, I'll bring one of our dive trucks which would allow us to get dressed/undressed in the back and not try to do it in the middle of a parking lot.

Again, these are just suggestions

I am not getting much feedback regarding diving in that area. The two sites you picked are fine with me, let's try it.

Is everyone OK with the Happy Hour in the afternoon?

#34 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:44 AM

:)

:banghead: :tears: I keep telling the Navy that this work thing is getting in the way of my diving and social life but they don't seem to care.

Those dirty bastards....

#35 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:41 PM

I,m up for the 2nd just need more info ,ie: HH I'll take the train/ferry to AL;diving I'll need detailed directions and me car,aarrgh
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#36 Surelyshirly

Surelyshirly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:22 AM

Tides for Sandy Hook starting with December 2, 2006.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Sa 2 High 4:58 AM 5.6 7:01 AM Set 4:13 AM 87
2 Low 11:33 AM -0.3 4:30 PM Rise 2:33 PM
2 High 5:23 PM 4.8
2 Low 11:33 PM -0.6

Tides for South Amboy (Raritan River) starting with December 2, 2006. Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon

Sa 2 High 4:54 AM 6.1 7:02 AM Set 4:15 AM 87
2 Low 11:41 AM -0.3 4:31 PM Rise 2:34 PM
2 High 5:19 PM 5.2
2 Low 11:41 PM -0.7

Tides for Shark River Island, fixed RR. bridge starting with December 2, 2006. Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon

Sa 2 High 4:45 AM 5.2 7:00 AM Set 4:13 AM 87
2 Low 11:25 AM -0.3 4:31 PM Rise 2:33 PM
2 High 5:10 PM 4.5
2 Low 11:25 PM -0.6

Unless we are doing a 4AM dive and breakfast, I am afraid there will be no predive due to the tides. But we can certainly plan a dive, like a wet water kickoff for the spring, at the HH and the brave and hardy winter divers can check out the sites over the winter and report back to us at the next HH.

#37 Surelyshirly

Surelyshirly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:09 PM

OK 4AM dive at Horseshoe Cove has been suggested. Don't ask, cause I cant explain it, just let me know if you plan on joining us.

Then that afternoon onto the HH. What time looks good for everyone? There are bound to be some good stories on this one.

#38 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:00 AM

OK 4AM dive at Horseshoe Cove has been suggested. Don't ask, cause I cant explain it, just let me know if you plan on joining us.

Then that afternoon onto the HH. What time looks good for everyone? There are bound to be some good stories on this one.

Ok, I'm up for a 4am dive on the 2nd. I'll bring the dive support truck with plenty of lights and a Generator (if needed). We can change in the truck before and afterwards. I'll also have emergency O2 and extra gear.

Has anyone ever dived this cove? What's the entry like? I might try to dive there on T'day morning (if I can find a buddy. SOMEBODY?) It would be mostly a recon dive. (I just spent the past 4 days in the field at Ft Dix and I'm Jones'in for a dive!)

Moose.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#39 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:24 PM

I hope all you 4am dive maniacs aren't planning on getting frostbite and leaving me standing at the bar alone...

#40 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:30 AM

I hope all you 4am dive maniacs aren't planning on getting frostbite and leaving me standing at the bar alone...

Last time there we sat in chairs at a table... :)

(...I'm not really a troublemaker...)

#41 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:37 AM

Last time there we sat in chairs at a table... :diver:

(...I'm not really a troublemaker...)

Do you remember what time we started? I know some people came later. Like Sparky in his Hawaian shirt. :)

#42 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:00 AM

In looking at the past thread, it looks like we met around 4 p.m. I don't really recall but that seems about right.

#43 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:31 AM

I was just sitting here thinking...
I know we haven't had the current HH yet but...
Is there a place near Times Square for the next HH that anyone would recommend? Does anyone want to go there, might be nice to have the tree as a backdrop...

#44 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:31 AM

Is there a place near Times Square for the next HH that anyone would recommend? Does anyone want to go there, might be nice to have the tree as a backdrop...

The tree isn't at Times Square. It's at Rockefeller Center. And you have to Rockefeller to eat and drink there.

#45 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

Times Square on December 31st probably wouldn't be a good idea :)
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users