• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

My introduction

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:40 PM

Hello all,

I'm LT Eric Petrevich from the 102 CAV. I've served with the Army (both part time and full time) for almost 18 years now. 2 years ago I switched to the "Dark Side." I wanted to fix many of the problems I have encountered over the years in the Army.

I’ve been in Military Intelligence for most of that time, but I was also an MP for a little bit of time. I’m currently in the NJANG waiting for my next deployment. Beyond my time in the military in “The Box”, I work for a defense contractor and I travel all over the Middle East as a civilian now. I’ve been toying with the idea of trying to do a dive in the Arabic Sea but haven’t pulled it off yet.

When I can, I post a blog of my Iraqi travels on my website. http://megageek.com

I dive with the Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit when I’m stateside. http://www.gsuru.org
I try to get in the water at least once or twice a week. I love any type of diving. I don’t care if it’s 40 degrees and zero visibility, or if it’s in the middle of San Carlos, Mexico.

I’m single (never married) and live in NJ. I’m always looking for people to dive with so drop me a note!

To my fellow brothers and sisters in uniform, "Keep up the HUAH!!"

Moose
"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" R Waters.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#2 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:51 PM

Moose :D to SD!!

And :usflag: for all you do for our country! :birthday:

If you have any questions about navigating around our site, please don't hesitate to post them here or to contact any one of our Angels via private message. Angels are members who's names are noted in pink and they are our fabulous site guides. As a Diver's in Uniform member, you receive the Private Message feature as a complimentary service, thank to your service!

:D
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#3 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:36 PM

Greetings and Welcome to the Site Moose!

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#4 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:08 PM

:usflag: Moose! We are so glad you found us!!!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#5 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:40 PM

Hey Moose,
Welcome to the group. Where do you dive out of in Jersey? Anywhere near Avon?
Mark

#6 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

Welcome to the board!
Known puker

#7 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

:usflag: Welcome to the board!!!
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#8 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:30 PM

Welcome aboard, Eric...and thanks.

Rick
:usflag:

#9 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:22 PM

Well Moose, it's a good thing you "don’t care if it’s 40 degrees and zero visibility" because that's easy to find in NJ, welcome to SingleDivers, Ray :usflag:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#10 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:01 PM

Moose - first - thanks for serving - even though you're not Navy, I still respect you.

Welcome to SD - if you want to dive warm and clear, let me know - I've become a serious wus over time, so cold and dark is a double dealbreaker!!!
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#11 SuperDave

SuperDave

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

Welcome to the board. Lots of great folks here to dive with and many fun trips to be enjoyed. If your ever in FOB Salerno stop by the airfield and I will buy lunch!

SD
Member of Sikorsky Light Utility Taxi Service Kuwait

#12 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:36 AM

Eric,

Welcome to SingleDivers.

Tony

#13 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:49 AM

Hey Moose,
Welcome to the group. Where do you dive out of in Jersey? Anywhere near Avon?
Mark

I haven't dived there in a while. Most of the time, I just drift dive the Delaware (It's close to my house.)

Last weekend our unit was doing a "Touch a Truck" community day and I got talked into a dive demo. It was in a "lake" (more like puddle) in the park. 47 degree water, with 0 vis and the bottom was about 2' of slitly slime. Did I mention the geese poop? 8>)

Anyway, we were able to demonstrate our search patterns and such to the people there. In the process, I found a 50 gallon drum dumped into the lake years ago. Fun, eh?

There are pics from the dive at the website...

http://www.gsuru.org..... new?OpenView

Go to the "Touch a truck" links. The 3rd one down starts the pics of the dive. The others show some of our units gear.

I just started solo, night, drifty dives. These are the most intensive diving you can do in the Delaware.
Moose

#14 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:52 AM

Moose :thankyou: to SD!!

And :P for all you do for our country! :sleepy:

If you have any questions about navigating around our site, please don't hesitate to post them here or to contact any one of our Angels via private message. Angels are members who's names are noted in pink and they are our fabulous site guides. As a Diver's in Uniform member, you receive the Private Message feature as a complimentary service, thank to your service!

:unhappy:

Since you stated to ask any questions, here is one…

Since I posted an intro here in the “Divers in Uniform” section, do I need to post another one in the “new” section or can all members see it here?

I hate to ask dumb questions, but I can’t find an answer in the FAQ.

Thanks a lot.

Moose
Moose

#15 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:33 PM

Since you stated to ask any questions, here is one…

Since I posted an intro here in the “Divers in Uniform” section, do I need to post another one in the “new” section or can all members see it here?

I hate to ask dumb questions, but I can’t find an answer in the FAQ.

Thanks a lot.

Moose

Not all of our non-military divers check this forum but most of us check the new section. You can post if you want to (it would help others get to know you) or you can just dive right in.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users