• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FULL! August 3-5 2007 (Aug 6th Optional Day) The FAMOUS Cooper River for Megloladon Teeth!

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#151 waterworks

waterworks

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Board Status:N/A
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:Over 2500

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

Payment Update:

1. Wayne aka WaterWorks got your final payment for tanks and trip! :cheerleader:
2. Michael aka TankBoy26 got your tank fills for 4 tanks for 2 days :banghead:
3. Dan aka DanBonner got your tank rentals for 4 tanks for 4 days :clapping:
4. Mark aka DiverMark got your trip price and 4 tanks for 3 days rental :thankyou:

Document Update:

1. Wayne aka WaterWorks got your waiver/release form! :thankyou:
2. Jeff aka Sparky103 got your waiver/release and your survey! :thankyou:

Kamala.....

I have two choices of flights going into Charleston. One arrives at 1 pm and and the other around 7:30 pm. Do you have a preference with regard to pickup times?

Note: I had also faxed in the Survey. If you have not received it, please let me know.

Thanks...

Wayne

Will look at arrival times for myself and others to let you know on flights. As for the survey...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email it to trips@singledivers.com. I did not get it via fax but in order for it to be processed by our trip coordinators...it needs to go to trips@singledivers.com! :thankyou:

Kamala...

Here is what was email to the above email address you had recommended. I resent it again this evening. The word doc./survey had been attached.Please let me know if you still did not receive the Survey....
Thanks..!

Resending per Kamala's blog on the website.....
----- Original Message -----
To: trips@singledivers.com
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 7:18 AM
Subject: Waterworks (Wayne Wulf) - Cooper River Survey 8.3.07

Hi....

Attached is my completed survey for the Cooper River Trip planned for August 3rd thru August 6th. Please advise if any questions.

Will need the following from you:
Hours of Pickup for Airport Arrivals - Aug. 3rd
Hours of Pickup for Airport Departures - Aug. 6th

Note: The Waiver will be forthcoming shortly. I will be faxing it as specified.

Thanks!

Wayne Wulf

#152 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

Hi....

Attached is my completed survey for the Cooper River Trip planned for August 3rd thru August 6th. Please advise if any questions.

Thanks!

Wayne Wulf

Got the survey via trips and we'll update the thread shortly to reflect it. The airport has a shuttle so you can arrive anytime and take it directly to the hotel. The hotel has a pool both indoor and outdoor and it has a bar and wireless internet. So you can plan to arrive at any time. I will be arriving around 4pm and ready to greet clients around 5pm or so. We'll plan to do dinner around 8-8:30pm or so. If you arrive at 7:30 we'll wait for you!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#153 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:40 PM

DOCUMENT UPDATE:

1. Wayne aka Waterworks: Received your Survey Again!! :cheerleader: :thankyou:

Sorry if I didn't post this earlier.

#154 waterworks

waterworks

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

DOCUMENT UPDATE:

1. Wayne aka Waterworks: Received your Survey Again!! :cheerleader: :thankyou:

Sorry if I didn't post this earlier.

Thank you !!! :thankyou:

#155 waterworks

waterworks

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:08 PM

Hi....

Thanks!

Wayne Wulf

Got the survey via trips and we'll update the thread shortly to reflect it. The airport has a shuttle so you can arrive anytime and take it directly to the hotel. The hotel has a pool both indoor and outdoor and it has a bar and wireless internet. So you can plan to arrive at any time. I will be arriving around 4pm and ready to greet clients around 5pm or so. We'll plan to do dinner around 8-8:30pm or so. If you arrive at 7:30 we'll wait for you!

Thanks Kamala....

I guess I can either arrive early and help you with the entertaining (LOL) or come "fashionably late" like Royalty ......(double LOL)... :thankyou:

Thanks for the feedback..... Will let you know..... :cheerleader:

Wayne

#156 Cephalopod

Cephalopod

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor.
  • Logged Dives:1963 to present...and me with just ten fingers!!!

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:15 AM

LAST MINUTE OPENING!!!

Hi Group....

Due to some health issues I have to cancel, and that makes one spot open for this trip. If you are interested please contact Wreckwench asap.

Regards,
Ceph

PS: I have to quit diving period. Anyone interested in a couple new 130cf steels, let me know.
"The most dangerous creature you will encounter in any ocean, and the only one truly worth worrying about, is yourself!" H. E. Potter, General Public Nuisance, circa 2005

#157 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:26 AM

LAST MINUTE OPENING!!!

Hi Group....

Due to some health issues I have to cancel, and that makes one spot open for this trip. If you are interested please contact Wreckwench asap.

Regards,
Ceph

PS: I have to quit diving period. Anyone interested in a couple new 130cf steels, let me know.

:cheerleader: Ceph...That's awful! Now that I have started diving, I can't imagine life without it. I'm so sorry you will not be able to make the trip, it's going to be a good one. But then again, they all are. Take Care.

#158 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

Ceph it is horrible news and I'm terriby sorry that your news has continued to deteroiate. I have opened the spot up again and we'll do all we can to fill it for you! :cheerleader:

p.s. pm sent about tanks! :thankyou:

Also post them in the For Sale Swap & Shop forum!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#159 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

DOCUMENT UPDATE:

1. Mark aka DiverMark - Received your Survey! :cheerleader:

#160 waterworks

waterworks

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

Kamala/Scuba Punk....

Listed below is my arrival and departure information for the Cooper River Trip. Is this waaaayyy to much information? :tears:

Anyhow, will be looking forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!

Wayne

Depart:
11:35 a.m.
Cleveland, OH (CLE) Arrive: 5:52 p.m.
Thu., Aug. 2, 2007
Charleston, SC (CHS) Flight Time:
2 hr 17 mn

Depart:
11:40 a.m.
Charleston, SC (CHS) Arrive:
4:14 p.m.
Mon., Aug. 6, 2007
Cleveland, OH (CLE) Flight Time:
1 hr 44 mn

#161 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:23 AM

Important Trip Updates:

Arrival Dinner Thursday Aug 2nd:

For those arriving on Thursday afternoon or early evening we will plan to do dinner as a group so all can start meeting one another!

Sticky Finger's BBQ
7690 Northwoods Blvd.
North Charleston, SC
843-797-7427

Directions:
Go out the hotel to the left and you'll see it 1/4 mil down the road on the right. If you reach the mall you've gone too far.

Breakfast, Lunch, Cookout & Diving Update Friday August 3rd:

Agenda:
Breakfast at 6:00am
6:45 Carpool to dive site from hotel. (Experienced Cooper River Divers will lead the way.)

Note: Lunch will be served on the boats daily. SD's famous group bbq with 4 different meats all marinated differently along with a choice of healthy sides will be Friday night to celebrate our first day of finds!

Cookout: The cookout will be at the hotel by the outside pool area at 7:30pm.

Gear & Equipment Needed for the River:

River Kits: Unfortunately OTWDiver will not be able to get the right tooled brass to do his 'famous' river picks to finish out his kits. So the best substitute will be 8in long philips head screwdrivers that you drill a hole into to thread a looped handle thru of string, etc. (The idea is that it will fit over your wrist like a lanyard.) The heavier the screwdriver the better as you will use it to help you move into the current while you look for teeth. Don't worry...we'll show all the new Cooper River divers how to hunt and find teeth! :wavey:

p.s. for those running late there is a home depot near the hotel and restaurant so you can get one there if you need too. Just try to get one with a hole in the end to attach a lanyard too or add the hole yourself. If you do not have a drill or access to one, let us know and we'll see what we can come up with.

Knee Pads: Don't forget to bring these as well to protect your knees and your wetsuit. I think the soft is the best choice as you will be kneeling on them during your entire dive.

Lights: Your vis will be the strength of your light. The more powerful your light the more vis you will have. OffTheWallDiving has a total of (3) 25watt Canister Lights for rent for $25 per day. (They are worth it! Last year I rented one...this year I own one! And he will cut you a great deal on buying one if you decide you too have to own one. They are light enough to fly with and powerful enough for the most demanding of light needs!) Also you will need a back up light . Again the more powerful the better.

Safety Sausage & Whistle/Alert: Bring a sausage if you have it. If not OffTheWallDiving will supply you a sausage. You will need a whistle or dive alert. Unfortunately OTWall does not have those to lend to divers.

Computer: While not deep dives...35-45 ave depth you will be doing 4 hours of diving on air. You should use a computer for these dives to watch your nitrogen loading. If you do not have one and would like to participate in DAN research you can use a state of the art Cochran Computer for simply providing some info about yourself and wearing a computer. Let me know if you want to use the Cochran computers. And if you just wnat the extra safety of a second computer or you want to help out DAN...let me know that too! I usually have 5- 10 computers available but they are offered on a first come first served basis and a couple are already spoken for.

formerly...

#162 DiverMark

DiverMark

Getting started

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

Important Trip Updates:

Arrival Dinner Thursday Aug 2nd:

For those arriving on Thursday afternoon or early evening we will plan to do dinner as a group so all can start meeting one another!

Sticky Finger's BBQ
7690 Northwoods Blvd.
North Charleston, SC
843-797-7427

Directions:
Go out the hotel to the left and you'll see it 1/4 mil down the road on the right. If you reach the mall you've gone too far.

Breakfast, Lunch, Cookout & Diving Update Friday August 3rd:

Agenda:
Breakfast at 6:00am
6:45 Carpool to dive site from hotel. (Experienced Cooper River Divers will lead the way.)

Note: Lunch will be served on the boats daily. SD's famous group bbq with 4 different meats all marinated differently along with a choice of healthy sides will be Friday night to celebrate our first day of finds!

Cookout: The cookout will be at the hotel by the outside pool area at 7:30pm.

Gear & Equipment Needed for the River:

River Kits: Unfortunately OTWDiver will not be able to get the right tooled brass to do his 'famous' river picks to finish out his kits. So the best substitute will be 8in long philips head screwdrivers that you drill a hole into to thread a looped handle thru of string, etc. (The idea is that it will fit over your wrist like a lanyard.) The heavier the screwdriver the better as you will use it to help you move into the current while you look for teeth. Don't worry...we'll show all the new Cooper River divers how to hunt and find teeth! :flirt:

p.s. for those running late there is a home depot near the hotel and restaurant so you can get one there if you need too. Just try to get one with a hole in the end to attach a lanyard too or add the hole yourself. If you do not have a drill or access to one, let us know and we'll see what we can come up with.

Knee Pads: Don't forget to bring these as well to protect your knees and your wetsuit. I think the soft is the best choice as you will be kneeling on them during your entire dive.

Lights: Your vis will be the strength of your light. The more powerful your light the more vis you will have. OffTheWallDiving has a total of (3) 25watt Canister Lights for rent for $25 per day. (They are worth it! Last year I rented one...this year I own one! And he will cut you a great deal on buying one if you decide you too have to own one. They are light enough to fly with and powerful enough for the most demanding of light needs!) Also you will need a back up light . Again the more powerful the better.

Safety Sausage & Whistle/Alert: Bring a sausage if you have it. If not OffTheWallDiving will supply you a sausage. You will need a whistle or dive alert. Unfortunately OTWall does not have those to lend to divers.

Computer: While not deep dives...35-45 ave depth you will be doing 4 hours of diving on air. You should use a computer for these dives to watch your nitrogen loading. If you do not have one and would like to participate in DAN research you can use a state of the art Cochran Computer for simply providing some info about yourself and wearing a computer. Let me know if you want to use the Cochran computers. And if you just wnat the extra safety of a second computer or you want to help out DAN...let me know that too! I usually have 5- 10 computers available but they are offered on a first come first served basis and a couple are already spoken for.

Do we reserve the canister light with you or directly with OffTheWallDiving? In any case, I would like to reserve one for the 3 days.

Thanks,
Mark

#163 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

Do we reserve the canister light with you or directly with OffTheWallDiving? In any case, I would like to reserve one for the 3 days.

Thanks,
Mark

Yes you reserve with and pay us. I have rented all 3 for the weekend for our group! :flirt:

Ok so 2 more available...

formerly...

#164 NJBerserker

NJBerserker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/ Nitrox/ DAN DEMP/ TDI Dive Medic
  • Logged Dives:~75

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to use one of those computers as well as participate in a study. I do not own one yet and it would be nice to have the extra peace of mind.

Edited by NJBerserker, 24 July 2007 - 01:55 PM.

Proud Member of the Cooper River "A-Team"

#165 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:16 PM

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to use one of those computers as well as participate in a study. I do not own one yet and it would be nice to have the extra peace of mind.

Roger that! You will be one of the participants! :flirt:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users