• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Healthy Recipes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

Hey everyone I've slowly changed my diet.. (over the past two years) and now looking for healthier alterantives to current dishes I like ... for instance tacos (a stapple of mine)

Instead of a pound of ground hamburger and white tortillas I use ground turkety and wheat.. Mild changes but make a big differnece... anyone have any good alternate reciepes out there?... here's the taco one... I don't use mesuraing insturments so please forgive me for not giving you an exact amount! :lmao:

Brown one pound of ground turkey with some Chili powder, Cayene pepper, a SMALL dose of soy sauce, garlic salt, and diced onions.

When cooked serve with wheat or multi grain tortillas, lettuce, low fat sour cream (if you wish), and 2% cheese (if you wish)

quick (about 15 min), tasty, and better for you then the altertantive :lmao:
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#2 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:14 PM

I really don't have any "recipies" as such, but ever since I enrolled in my HMO's weight loss program, I've been using the meal replacements even after I've left the program. Even though the idea was to be "weaned" off them, I liked them and they fit my lifestyle so well that I never really did that and continued to buy them. They're low-cal, low-fat, and tasty. I only have to nuke them for a minute or two and maybe mix some veggies in with them. They aren't frozen and have a long shelf life, so I can take them with me when I'm driving the bus. The cost is the same for me, they don't cost any more than when I was eating in restaurants and fast foods.

There are some "recipies" I use with them, here's one of my favorites:
(Kinda like a Shepard's Pie.)

1 cup frozen corn
Beef Stew entree
small or medium potato (I use red potatoes)

Nuke potato
Nuke corn
Nuke entree

Spread corn out on a plate.
Spread the entree out on top of the corn.
Mash potato and spread out on top of the whole works.
Season to taste.

Wash it down with a protein shake.

Bon Apetite!

Edited by Brinybay, 02 December 2006 - 11:25 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users