• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

When to get intimate with your date

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:13 PM

I'll jump in on this one... I would say wait until your not just physically ready but more importantly emotionally ready. I say that because once you have intimate encounters with someone in a sexual sense emotions of both parties can sometimes change, unless your doing it more for just the physical attraction during a fling and can put the other aside... If your serious about the other person and your feelings then waiting can certainly be worth it.. :cheerleader:

Dejah

#17 PSDIVER

PSDIVER

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:Instr.
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:36 PM

I'll jump in on this one... I would say wait until your not just physically ready but more importantly emotionally ready. I say that because once you have intimate encounters with someone in a sexual sense emotions of both parties can sometimes change, unless your doing it more for just the physical attraction during a fling and can put the other aside... If your serious about the other person and your feelings then waiting can certainly be worth it.. :cheerleader:

Dejah

Does anyone ever truely answer this? I guess my comment , which shouldn't mean absolutely anything to anyone, would be ...." if you had to ask...you answered yourself"

#18 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:36 PM

Yeah. He smelled kind of like my son's room when he leaves his dirty clothes all over the floor instead of putting them in the clothes hamper. Ewww. There's one guy I work with who smells the same way. Not really BO but an odor of dirty clothes.

Maybe he hadn't been diving in a long time??? Maybe he sleeps in his wetsuit (after peeing in it, of course)??? Other possibilities?
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#19 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:01 AM

I'm eternally single and divorced, so don't listen to me. Trying to be christian, I've tried to wait til marriage, yeah that worked, seems women are alot more horney than I am. And they are all gone now. Do you want a "connection" with someone you don't truely know yet. Why rush everything, become friends and develope something strong and lasting. I love closeness and cuddling and kissing, but why does everything always run to the bed. Especially these days with all the std's in the nightly news looking for a quicky. guess I will never meet any nice girls here now, oops.
jeff aka nice-diver

#20 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:36 AM

There are alot of times when it shouldn't be "run to bed" and I don't think there is anything wrong with cuddling, kissing, spending time together just watching TV

I don't think most people know each other for at least a year, if not longer. After about 6 months, then people start to drop their guard...after 1 or 1 and half years, you really start to see who they are instead of the person they want you to see

#21 scubagirl

scubagirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

Dr. Bill I did mean sex but the latter is a must as well. I guess I can own up to doing several things. Waiting for a few dates to go by, doing it on the first date, or not doing it at all. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. But literature out there tends to move towards waiting at least six months.
If you can't find the bright side...polish the dull side.

#22 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:35 AM

Dr. Bill I did mean sex but the latter is a must as well. I guess I can own up to doing several things. Waiting for a few dates to go by, doing it on the first date, or not doing it at all. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. But literature out there tends to move towards waiting at least six months.

Yikes... if I meet a "right" woman tomorrow, I won't get no satisfaction until May? I may be dead by then. Just teasing ya!

I threw real intimacy into the mix because I think sex is not necessarily the most intimate thing two people do with one another. In fact it often focuses each individual on their own pleasure. However, once two people are really intimate with one another (as in friendships that evolve into romantic relationships), sex can be very intimate (but I call it making love at that point).

Edited by drbill, 29 November 2006 - 10:38 AM.

#23 scubagirl

scubagirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:38 AM

Yikes... if I meet a "right" woman tomorrow, I won't get no satisfaction until May? I may be dead by then. Just teasing ya!

EXACTLY!!! Six months.....no way Jose!!!! LOL!
If you can't find the bright side...polish the dull side.

#24 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

PS- When you say intimate, are you referring to sex... or something truly intimate like honest, open communication?

I reckon it's the former but how nice to suggest the latter. Especially coming from a man. :wakawaka:

Ah, how sweet of you, Caetllonn... especially after I've tried to seduce you (unsuccessfully) for so long!

When it comes down to what I really look for in a woman (other than great legs), the kind of intimacy I seek is that which follows (and preceeds) the other type. Lack of sex I can deal with... it is the cuddling, kissing and communicating I really miss.

#25 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:33 PM

PS- When you say intimate, are you referring to sex... or something truly intimate like honest, open communication?

I reckon it's the former but how nice to suggest the latter. Especially coming from a man. :wakawaka:

Criminy, Dr. B ... you're gonna ruin it for the rest of us. We've spent all these years trying to convince the other half that we are genetically incapable of that!

I do agree that all good relationships are based on honesty; and once you can fake that the rest is easy! :thankyou:
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#26 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

Criminy, Dr. B ... you're gonna ruin it for the rest of us. We've spent all these years trying to convince the other half that we are genetically incapable of that!

Hey, Jamie... what can I say? I'm a mutant!

#27 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

On the first date at in open public, for example middle of the mall, or football game, or at a restraunt.

Sorry just saw this thread and had to post a smart allic comment because I came REALLY close to slapping some highschool kids last night :wakawaka:

Okay this may be a little too much for the forum but I have to ask this. You meet a guy/girl, you go on several dates. When do you decide to get intimate with them? Is it a personal thing? Is there a RULE out there I should know about?

I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#28 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:28 PM

1) decide what you want out of the deal.... Is it a one night stand or somthing more or both. If your answer is definatly "somthing more", Then make him wait till you know one another. If you are happy go-lucky, then take your chance. Just be safe.

#29 netmage

netmage

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

With the wisdom of Anthony DiNozzo - "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got. "
"I aim to misbehave...."

#30 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:40 AM

... seems women are alot more horney than I am. And they are all gone now. ...

Really? Do you know where they went?
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users