• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

AOW in Belize

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hexkraut

Hexkraut

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:03 AM

Some might have seen from my trip report that I did my AOW in Ambergris Belize. It was fun and doing the book work in the evenings at the bar with a beer or Mojito, was enjoyable.
One question I have though how long should it take for PADI to receive my paperwork? It has been 2 weeks and I called in yesterday to PADI asking if they had received it, but nothing yet. My paperwork was submitted by physical paperform so no electronic version.
I'd like to take my AOW card with me to Thailand and Australia in 2 weeks but might be out of luck (Although I have a OWD card and Temp AOW paper card for now). Anybody knows how long it might take when you did your course work overseas?
Thanks.

#2 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

Anybody knows how long it might take when you did your course work overseas?

Call PADI - they can tell you if they have the paperwork - generally after receipt, the card takes no more than 5 business days.

btw, my son used his "temp" card over a year later... but your mileage may vary
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#3 peterbj7

peterbj7

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:22 AM

Which country did you mail it from? I never mail anything from Belize, as things go adrift too often. If PADI haven't received your paperwork after two weeks then it's not looking good. Should have used electronic PIC - I've known cert cards arrive at students' houses before they get back from their trip.

#4 ereediver

ereediver

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water, AOW
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:21 PM

I took my AOW in Sept. in Ohio. It took almost two months to get my card, then they spelled my name wrong. So I am still waiting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users