• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

01/07 PNW HH & Boat Dive - FULL!!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:38 PM

***FULL***

PNW NEW YEAR BOAT DIVES!
Bandito Charters 2-Tank Boat Dive

Saturday, January 20th 9AM Departure– Tacoma, WA

(please arrive no later than 8:30am for loading)

I already had some shop dives scheduled for January 20th, then got word that cat fish will be in Seattle for that weekend!! For those of you who want to join us diving, there are some open spots on the boat! We'll plan an HH for the diving crowd and whoever else wants to join us after the boat dives!

Bandito Charters Information:

Bandito Charters is one of our wonderful Puget Sound dive charters! All Bandito boats have an enclosed cabin area with heat for the cooler times of the year, and a head. All boats are Coast Guard Inspected vessels with all the equipment required by the Coast Guard for a vessel of that size on the inland waters of Puget Sound. Each boat is equipped with an Oxygen kit for dive emergencies. All boats are wet boats - you can wear your exposure suit throughout.

Lunch of soup, sandwiches, and snacks are included.

NOTE - unlike most dive charter areas, Pacific Northwest dive charters DO NOT provide tanks and weights. Divers are responsible to provide all personal equipment.

Point Defiance departure dock directions: <-- note, this is a departure location change from Johnny's Seafood dock many of you have grown used to departing from.

From I-5: From I-5, take Exit 132 (the Highway 16 / Gig Harbor Exit). Take Highway 16 to the 6th Ave. Take a LEFT on 6th Ave. and get into the Right lane to take a RIGHT onto Pearl Street. Take Pearl St. North to the stop sign before the Point Defiance park entrance. Follow the Ferry signs down the hill bear to the right of the park toward the ferry terminal, but don’t get in the ferry line. Proceed down the hill past the ferry lines to the docks on the right side of the Ferry landing. Unload at the docks and then pass back across the Ferry lines to the public parking section of the large lot by Anthony’s at Point Defiance Restaurant.

Click here for a Point Defiance area street map.

Payment Information:

2-tank dive - $70 (this doesn't include tip for Bandito crew - it is customary to tip $5 per dive)
Click here to purchase your spot online (note you are diving with Single Divers). If the water looks too cold, non-divers are welcome to join us onboard for a bubble watcher fee.

Who's Going Diving:

1. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl (confirmed)
2. Edward aka inked_diver (confirmed)
3. Colleen aka gis_gal (confirmed)
4. Kirsten aka ScubaK (confirmed)
5. Tim aka Cpt. Bungee (pd) (confirmed)
6. Jack - SSS Student (confirmed)
7. Tommy aka Bambi - SSS (confirmed)
8. Shantel - SSS (confirmed)
9. Dan - SSS (confirmed)
10. Jason - SSS (confirmed)
11. Rich aka Diver_C
12. Frank aka fbp (confirmed)
13. Kevin aka kevininpo (confirmed)
14. Mark D
Bubble Watching - Sylvia aka cat fish! (confirmed)

General Reminder:
Each diver is personally responsible for dive planning and safety. Dive site briefings are intended as a general overview only and not to be used in place of your own dive planning or for strict navigation purposes. In other words, be a responsible respectful diver.

Who's Attending Happy Hour Events:

1. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl
2. Edward aka inked_diver
3. Colleen aka gis_gal
4. Sylvia aka cat fish
5. Bambi
6. Shantel
7. Shafeen aka zesach
8. Mich aka Suntrooper
9. Kirsten aka ScubaK
10. Tim aka Cpt. Bungee
11. Mark D
12. You?

HAPPY HOUR INFO:

Directly after the dives, the rowdy crowd will be headed to The Ram on Ruston Way for Buttface Ambers and more! If you can't make the dives, but want to join us please PM your cell phone numbers and I will make calls when we are on our way back to the docks with an approximate Ram arrival time!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:12 PM

DG ~ You are sooooo cruel... ANOTHER dive with you and Edward. ;)

Hmmm gonna have to think about this ~ OK I'm IN ;)

Rick is going to get tired of seeing me :o

Thanks for the warning. I will have to think up something tasty to bake for this new trip.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#3 Scubak

Scubak

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:49 PM

...OOOHHH!!! Put Tim and I on the list for this...
WOOOHOOO!!!!! This will be soooo fun!!
Kirsten

#4 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:24 PM

Where and when is the HH?
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#5 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:54 PM

I am interested. Any chance on a carpool from portland??
jeff aka nice-diver

#6 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:26 PM

...OOOHHH!!! Put Tim and I on the list for this...
WOOOHOOO!!!!! This will be soooo fun!!
Kirsten

Done! :cool1:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#7 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:27 PM

Where and when is the HH?

We're working on the details. Typically it's easy to hit the RAM right after the dives, but depnding on everyone's availability, we might be able to get cleaned up and head out a little later in the evening at a different locale. Suggestions are always welcome!

#8 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:28 PM

I am interested. Any chance on a carpool from portland??

I'm already taking passengers and we'll be staying up in the Tacoma/Seattle area through Sunday.

#9 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

Boats half filled and we still have over a month to wait. :cheerleader:

I think these dive trips are getting popular. :cheerleader:

#10 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:28 PM

I added 2 more divers, so boat is more than half filled and I have emailed Rick with our current passanger list. He is on full alert that we are coming! :thankyou:

ONLY 5 SPOTS REMAINING!

#11 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:00 PM

I just added 2 more people to our roster and received an email with an inquiry regarding open spots.

Currently we only have 3 open.

#12 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:29 PM

Looks like another full boat for us.

I wonder where Rick will take us this time......

#13 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:57 PM

Update - two more spots are filled! If your name is not on the roster in the first post, I do not have you signed up.

ONLY 1 SPOT REMAINS

#14 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:14 AM

cat fish! I got you signed up for Bubble Watching! Very exciting to have you join us! We'll bring digital cameras so we can share our finds as soon as we surface!

Everyone - since we are basically full, please confrim your spot no later than 12/31/06 directly with Rick via online payment as noted in my first post. If payment is not recieved by the 31st or some other confirmation as accepted by Rick, those spots will be released to other interested divers.

Can you believe it - one month away and we are all ready to go! Can't wait! ScubaK and Cpt. Bungee - can I count you two in on the Happy Hour after the dives this go-round!? :D

#15 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:57 PM

Wow ~ Looks like a full boat and we are still a month away from boarding. :D

I wonder what amazing critters we will see this time. :dance: :) ???

I will be ready next time DG tries to call a GPO out of its den to eat me. :P
And I will be ready next time a Wolfie is out and heading in my direction.

I think I will have to bake double treats for this event.

Are we heading off scruffy and salty for the HH or hitting the showers first?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users