• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Help Send a Kid to Camp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:06 PM

This is a Charity Auction that will help sponsor kids with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) for an opportunity to attend camp

I have believe in giving back to those who have helped or given me the most throughout my life, as a part of the “service to others” philosophy. I have done this by either volunteering my time, talent, or support to many organizations that include the Boy Scouts, and as a senior counselor at Camp Oasis. The camp is for kids with chronic IBD condition.

Each August, the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) sponsors the camp located in Meridian Texas at Camp John Marc (link). Kids come from Texas and other southern states. As some of you know, I have a chronic condition called Crohn’s disease (Wikipedia link) that I have dealt with since I was in my early teens. It was because of my doctor, who helped found this camp, that I became camper. This past summer marked my 10th year as a senior counselor. I support Camp Oasis because I know it helps these kids have fun and make friends. IBD has a dramatic effect on the lives of these kids. Approximately 60-100 kids attend camp at no charge to the parents.

Dedicated volunteer counselors, as well as doctors, nurses and other medical personnel staff Camp Oasis. At camp, the kids can truly be kids because they don’t have to worry about other kids picking on them, or bullying them because they are different. The campers have the same conditions that are bonding instead of being a difference. Examples of campers’ activities include a ropes course, riding horses, canoeing, fishing in a lake, archery and kickball. The water war is the highlight of the camp where the campers have the most fun with waging war on the doctors and nurses with water balloons and/or water guns.

The cost per camper is $500, which is covered by sponsors and donations (individual, group, and corporate). As a college student, I give back to this Camp Oasis because it has given and helped me in more ways then I can count.

In conjunction with the release of “Strength & Honor,” and as a part of the custom edition featuring the horses of Shackleford bank North Carolina, I will auction off one the prints (#2 in this edition). This is a museum exhibition framed print, and the same as described in the edition release announcement (Link).

Proceeds from the auction will be donated to Camp Oasis. The auction will close at 6 pm on Saturday December 30th, 2006.

Do I hear an opening bid of $ 250? Please note: that there is a reserve.

If you wish to bid on this item you can post a bid amount here, send a PM, or e-mail via the address listed in the edition release announcement (Link)

Edited by Scubatooth, 12 December 2006 - 03:14 PM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#2 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:10 PM

In the link below is an example of the item up for auction. There is one minor change though the matte will be a cream color, i will post that once it is finished.

http://www.singlediv...a...ost&id=3455

If there are any questions please feel free to contact me

Tooth

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#3 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:31 PM

:P Tooth,

I'll match whatever amount you raise for this event.

Que :dance:

#4 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:21 AM

Que

Thank you for the offer.

If your wondering the update i posted on the Edition release of "Strength and Honor" does not apply here as this item is already assembled and ready to go.

Dan

Edited by Scubatooth, 20 December 2006 - 10:22 AM.

#5 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:41 PM

just a reminder auction closes tommorrow evening.

#6 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:33 PM

Dan,
Just a note to congratulate you on a beautiful piece of art. It is amazing! The juxtaposition of modern day in the form of a building in the background pitted against the raw beauty of these wild creatures is amazing. Mystic carefully watches you to ensure the safety of his mare, Anne. Yet one wonders just how long he can protect Anne or himself from the encroachment of modern day that the building represents. Much to think about!

I thought somebody asked elsewhere, but I am not sure where... are you also taking donations for the camp? If so, please let me know. Again... congrats on an incredible job. -sylvia

#7 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:18 AM

Sylvia

I can do either if anyone would like just let me know. The second print in the edition is up for the auction and the proceeds will go to the camp to help more kids to go to camp.

Thank you for the compliments on the image and gave me a different look on the image as i hadnt thought of that before, Thank you.

From the information i have the the group that helps over see the horses along with the National Park Service says that there will be no development on the island beyond what is there now. The land is a national wildlife sanctuary which is good but with as much as things are changing who knows i do hope that they remain wild.

FYI: Im hoping to have the next image in this series ready for release by the 9th, so keep your fingers crossed and your eyes open for it.

Tooth

Edited by Scubatooth, 30 December 2006 - 12:20 AM.

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:37 AM

Dan the pictures are amazing! Even more knowing I was there when you took them! :birthday:

I think its a great idea to have a way to donate to the fund directly. Especially being this close to the holidays when some of us are a bit tapped out. Can you set that up and share it with us? -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#9 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:45 PM

Here is the mailing address for the local chapter that runs the camp

Crohns & Colitis Foundation of America - North Texas Chapter
12801 North Central Expressway
Suite 270
Dallas, TX 75243

Then make a note its for Camp Oasis.

#10 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:42 PM

The auction closed last night and there where no bidders. This item will be returned to the general edition, however when it sells the proceeds still will be sent to the camp.

However though i will be sending in my donation to the camp of $250 as planned.

Tooth

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:09 PM

The auction closed last night and there where no bidders. This item will be returned to the general edition, however when it sells the proceeds still will be sent to the camp.

However though i will be sending in my donation to the camp of $250 as planned.

Tooth

Hey any chance you can auction it again after the New Year with more lead time and after a paycheck? I think money is pretty tight for folks!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#12 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:12 PM

That i can do. Im also getting a couple of frames in this week so there are more options other then the one pictured above.

How about the 2nd print going for auction so that the winner can choose the frame to match there decor?

Tooth

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:13 PM

That i can do. Im also getting a couple of frames in this week so there are more options other then the one pictured above.

How about the 2nd print going for auction so that the winner can choose the frame to match there decor?

Tooth

That sounds like a great idea! Let's give it more time....you can start it now to end in several weeks...maybe the end of January!

formerly...

#14 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:57 PM

Im going to go ahead and lock this thread and that no one else reply; so that i can start another one for the auction.

The auction will reopen at the begining of the week and will be for the 2nd print only, so that the winner can choose the framing of there choice to match there decor.

Dan
aka
Scubatooth

Edited by Scubatooth, 05 January 2007 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users