• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Anyone want to tour the USS Ling at Hackensack, NJ?

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#91 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:45 PM

Museum is open tomorrow so will call to arrange final payment. If I need to pay in advance for everyone I will pay those who have paid and for those who are on the final list in the main thread. If you aren't joining us anymore i.e. penguin PLEASE let us know!

IF they will allow payment at the door...we'll let you know that as well! :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#92 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:48 PM

Can't PM as not permitted to me. Robin

Hi Robin...to pm you'll need to go to My Controls, click on Paid Subscriptions under Options and upgrade to a premier member. Its $25 a year and gives you more board benefits including pm's, photo galleries, etc, discounts on all SD group and individual travel, access to our travel contracts, and keeps the site advertising free! :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#93 Penguin

Penguin

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

Hi All
I'm not going to be able to make the February Happy Hour after all. I got an almost last minute opportuinity to fly down to Key Largo to dive so I will be out of town. Tear it up and I'll see and meet everyone in March at BTS.

Kamala---I had it in there......Still about as sharp as a marble tonight, but at least I had this one taken care of. I'll be in the Keys. Maybe when i come back I will have the ability to pull everything back together!!! LOL

#94 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:36 PM

I am back from my dive trip to Anilao, Philippines... had a great time and saw some great fishies, and critters.

Please post a trip report, Robin! :cool1: I'm seriously looking at the Philippines for my first *exotic* dive holiday so I'd love some current feedback.

OK Annasea, I promise I will post a trip report, however it will be in a few days... just returned yesterday, had full day at work today and for rest of week must catch up on everything.
Trip was great, nice sunny weather, great food and catching up with some Filipino friends. I have the best guide in Anilao! :cheerleader:
We found some great subjects ... Ambon Scorpionfish, three baby frogfish, ghost pipefish, gorlocks and beautiful crabs all on the same dive! Aside from the water being a wee bit cool (75 degrees on most sites) I could not ask for more! Even entered a photo competition.
More to follow.
Already looking for the dates for booking my next year's trip there.... probably last week in February 2008.

Edited by secretsea18, 20 February 2007 - 08:39 PM.

#95 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

Can someone post the exact address of the USS Ling?

I plan on driving out for the tour and HH later.

Thanks, Robin

#96 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:07 AM

Can someone post the exact address of the USS Ling?

I plan on driving out for the tour and HH later.

Thanks, Robin

I just checked the orignal post and it doesn't mention the address or exact time we are meeting.

I'm in, but I need the details. Thanks.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#97 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:17 AM

Tours
Guided tours of the LING are $7.00 for adults and $3.00 for children under 12 years old. The last tour start time is 3:15 PM.
Admission to the museum building and grounds are free

No time was ever posted but 15:15 is the last tour and the place closes at 16:00 (4pm).
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#98 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:19 AM

The New Jersey Naval Museum is located at 78 River Street, Hackensack, NJ 07601. The entrance to our parking lot is next to the Heritage Restaurant.

From Route 4 East/West
Exit Route 4 at the Hackensack Avenue exit, southbound (Bergen 503 South). Proceed south on Hackensack Avenue for 1.7 miles. Turn left at the traffic light (7th light) by the Heritage Restaurant, proceed 100 yards to the back of the RECORD parking lot, turn right into the NJNM lot.

From Route 46 East/West
At the Route 46 and Bergen Turnpike intersection (old Little Ferry circle), head north on the Bergen Turnpike, which becomes River Street (Bergen 503 North) for 2.0 miles. Our driveway is on the right, just before the Heritage Restaurant.

From Route 80 Eastbound

Exit Route 80 at exit 66, Hackensack/Little Ferry. At the end of the ramp, turn left (Vreeland Ave). At the traffic light (Hudson Street), turn left and go under Route 80. At the first traffic light, turn right (E. Kennedy), go one block, turn left at light on to River Street. Head north on River Street (Bergen 503 North) for 0.8 miles. Our driveway is on the right, just before the Heritage Restaurant.

From Route 80 Westbound (best way from NJ Turnpike)
Exit Route 80 at exit 66, Hackensack/Little Ferry. Go straight off ramp (E. Kennedy), past first light (Hudson Street), turn left at second light on to River Street. Head north on River Street (Bergen 503 North) for 0.8 miles. Our driveway is on the right, just before the Heritage Restaurant.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#99 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:21 AM

Tours
Guided tours of the LING are $7.00 for adults and $3.00 for children under 12 years old. The last tour start time is 3:15 PM.
Admission to the museum building and grounds are free

No time was ever posted but 15:15 is the last tour and the place closes at 16:00 (4pm).

NOTE POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL CONFUSING INFORMATION FOLLOWS

Ok, was there a plan to meet for food beforehand? I beileve there was a diner next to it or something? (but since I dont' know where "it" is, I can't do a search. :cheerleader:

OK, I don't want to post mis-information here, but can someone post the final details? (with address that we are meeting at?)
Moose

#100 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:22 AM

The New Jersey Naval Museum is located at 78 River Street, Hackensack, NJ 07601. The entrance to our parking lot is next to the Heritage Restaurant.

Hey, you snuck that in when I was posting my last question. :cheerleader:
Moose

#101 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:29 AM

NOTE POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL CONFUSING INFORMATION FOLLOWS

Ok, was there a plan to meet for food beforehand?

I believe the plan was to eat after the tour. Otherwise, it's going to be a lunch HH. And if it is, I can't make it. I won't be there for the tour because I have something to do earlier but I planned on meeting for the HH.

#102 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:00 AM

I googled Heritage restaurant to see if there was a dress code and menu and look what comes up! :flirt:

Anyone want to tour the USS Ling at Hackensack, NJ? - SingleDivers ...Anyone want to tour the USS Ling at Hackensack, NJ?, Prefer Feb 17th or 24th? ... The restaurant next door to the museum is the Heritage restaurant. ...
www.singledivers.com/surfaceinterval/index.php?showtopic=11493&st=15 - 113k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

Signed and Dated

#103 NJMike

NJMike

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, planning AOW in 2007
  • Logged Dives:7

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:41 AM

The plan is to eat afterwards.

The tour is at 3:15, we should be finished by 4pm. The diner is next door so we can walk over. Even at that time, it will still be an early HH.

I plan to get to the museum a little while before the tour so I can take a look at the museum itself. I may even walk through the sub before the official tour.

#104 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

The plan is to eat afterwards.

The tour is at 3:15, we should be finished by 4pm. The diner is next door so we can walk over. Even at that time, it will still be an early HH.

I plan to get to the museum a little while before the tour so I can take a look at the museum itself. I may even walk through the sub before the official tour.

I'm not sure you're allowed to do that, but you can try.

#105 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:07 PM

UPDATE:

I have a call into the museum to verify our arrangements. As soon as they get back to me I'll post what they say.

I will be prepaying those who have prepaid and those who have not will pay at the door unless the museum asks me to prepay the entire amount which if they do I will. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users