• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Great White Sharks Oct 8-13, 2007! Guadalupe Island by way of San Diego

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#151 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

I figure I will need my 7 mm suit, booties, vest/ hood and gloves etc to stay warm in the water. Obviously we don't need regs etc. But do we need fins? Not sure how we get in / out of the cages. My assumption is that we are lowered already in the cages, but I could be wrong and have to swim for it among the sharks!! :cheerleader: Fins would be helpful then :diver: . I just checked the explorer website, but that was not addressed, and there were no Guadalupe FAQs. Does anyone know?

Everyone will tell you no because we don't need to out swim the shark, just our buddies :diver:

All the more reason I need fins :welcome:

#152 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

Rosa, I saw the Blue Whales on the news last night so I may just pack the fins and snorkel just in case we meet them on the ride over. :diver: :banghead:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#153 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:32 PM

Rosa, I saw the Blue Whales on the news last night so I may just pack the fins and snorkel just in case we meet them on the ride over. :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Cool! That would be nice.

#154 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:53 PM

VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!! BRING A BUDDY AND GET A CHANCE TO WIN A FREE TRIP! BRING TWO AND GET TWO CHANCES TO WIN!!!

or

REFER A DIVER WHO SIGNS UP FOR THIS TRIP AND YOU CAN WILL A FREE SPOT FOR YOURSELF!!!

Two ways to WIN and two ways to help SingleDivers.com fill this trip!

Yes you read that right. If you are on this trip and you get someone to join this trip you'll have a chance to win this trip for free! If you get 2 people to go you'll have 2 chances to win this trip for free. If you are not on the trip but you get someone to go then you can win this trip for free and join them. Get 2 or 3 people to go and you'll have 2-3 chances to win a free spot for yourself!

So lets see who wants to dive for free??? :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#155 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:47 AM

Hi, on the advice of my therapist and my own health concerns, I will not be able to make this trip, much to my dismay and disappointment.
Thanks,
Larry the Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#156 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:11 PM

Hi, on the advice of my therapist and my own health concerns, I will not be able to make this trip, much to my dismay and disappointment.
Thanks,
Larry the Orcaman

Good Boy! Listen to your Dr. and don't rush it. It's still very soon. You need more time to heal. :P

#157 WRW

WRW

Getting started

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water with NITROX
  • Logged Dives:121

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:19 AM

Thanks,
Larry the Orcaman

Hello, Larry the Orcaman - I’m sorry to hear that you want be on this Great White trip, but I fully understand – Doctor’s orders. I hope you make a full recovery soon. Although I will certainly miss getting a DVD from you on this trip, because you did a hellofa job on videoing last October’s NC Wreck diving trip. But, recovery before recording – Get Well Soon!!!

Sincerely,

William Roy Williams (WRW)
\m/ "Ain't no, ain't no yesterdays, forget tomorrow, forget it all, We've got today" \m/ - Zakk Wylde

#158 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

TRIP UPDATE:

The Nautilus Explorer has sent a form that require to be filled out for each member. The form includes some questions that are not on the SD Survey. I have already requested the information I need from each of you in an email or over the phone. I am attaching a copy of the form in this post. Please get this information to me tonight, as the boat is requesting that we have it to them by tomorrow.

Thank you

Attached File  Guest_Request_form_guad1v2.xls   18KB   9 downloads

#159 adam12diver

adam12diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:58 AM

I will get it to you this AM.

#160 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:00 AM

Hey girlfriend! I am DEFINITELY thinking the guys are afraid of the sharks...right now we have more women than men on this trip!

Who wants to be in a cage with 3 beautiful women...with an unlimited air supply looking at great whites????

Well that didn't last long! We are down to 2 beautiful women and we haven't even fed the sharks yet :thankyou: :cool1:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#161 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:08 AM

Hey girlfriend! I am DEFINITELY thinking the guys are afraid of the sharks...right now we have more women than men on this trip!

Who wants to be in a cage with 3 beautiful women...with an unlimited air supply looking at great whites????

Well that didn't last long! We are down to 2 beautiful women and we haven't even fed the sharks yet :thankyou: :cool1:

Yeah...and we down to 5 or 6 people so right now I'm feeling like I've already been fed to the sharks. The boat has been extremely helpful in trying to fill some of the spots...but well I signed the dotted line so I'm on the hook. :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#162 adam12diver

adam12diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

Yeah...and we down to 5 or 6 people so right now I'm feeling like I've already been fed to the sharks. The boat has been extremely helpful in trying to fill some of the spots...but well I signed the dotted line so I'm on the hook. :cool1:

We will just have to kidnap some people from Seafood Festival. Get a few shots in them play some credit card roulette and put them on the plane to San Diego.

Will they have cameras/video for rent on the boat? If not is someone bringing some high tech equipment? I have been looking for a new camera and have not decided on one yet. I will be bringing the old camera, but the picture quality is not really up to par.

If it would help my companies could make a donation to the shark fund on behalf of the boat to offset some of your loss. I don’t know if this could be work out, but we can talk about it in NC.

#163 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

Well that didn't last long! We are down to 2 beautiful women and we haven't even fed the sharks yet :cool1: :cool1:

Yeah...and we down to 5 or 6 people so right now I'm feeling like I've already been fed to the sharks. The boat has been extremely helpful in trying to fill some of the spots...but well I signed the dotted line so I'm on the hook. :birthday:

We will just have to kidnap some people from Seafood Festival. Get a few shots in them play some credit card roulette and put them on the plane to San Diego.

Will they have cameras/video for rent on the boat? If not is someone bringing some high tech equipment? I have been looking for a new camera and have not decided on one yet. I will be bringing the old camera, but the picture quality is not really up to par.

If it would help my companies could make a donation to the shark fund on behalf of the boat to offset some of your loss. I don’t know if this could be work out, but we can talk about it in NC.

I do not believe that the boat rents cameras but I can ask them for you! And yes I like the idea of recruting from the NC gang! As for donations lets certainly talk in NC. :thankyou:

formerly...

#164 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

Well that didn't last long! We are down to 2 beautiful women and we haven't even fed the sharks yet :thankyou: :thankyou:

Yeah...and we down to 5 or 6 people so right now I'm feeling like I've already been fed to the sharks. The boat has been extremely helpful in trying to fill some of the spots...but well I signed the dotted line so I'm on the hook. :thankyou:

I do not believe that the boat rents cameras but I can ask them for you! And yes I like the idea of recruting from the NC gang! As for donations lets certainly talk in NC. :cheerleader:

I'll have my camera (Canon Powershot S2 IS - a good midrange camera) and I bought a Ikelite housing for it figuring I could use it in the cage (it's really too big and heavy for me while diving).

I don't have a laptop but plan on getting another sd card or 2 in case I want to take a lot of pictures.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#165 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

I'll have my camera (Canon Powershot S2 IS - a good midrange camera) and I bought a Ikelite housing for it figuring I could use it in the cage (it's really too big and heavy for me while diving).

I don't have a laptop but plan on getting another sd card or 2 in case I want to take a lot of pictures.

If you have the USB download cord I can write your pictures to CD on my laptop.

Signed and Dated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users