• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Great White Sharks Oct 8-13, 2007! Guadalupe Island by way of San Diego

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#76 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:29 PM

Payment sent, see you in October! :lmao:
Is anyone planning any diving in the SD area too? It just won't seem right getting on the plane without all of my dive gear.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#77 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:44 PM

Is anyone planning any diving in the SD area too? It just won't seem right getting on the plane without all of my dive gear.

Excellent!!

I've added you to the 'checks in the mail' list :tears:

#78 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

I've been trying to decide about that myself. I think I'm leaning towards seizing the opportunity to travel sans gear and seeing if I can get away with just bringing a backpack though....
You know me and my quest to reach light packing nirvana!

Edited by pocahontas, 30 May 2007 - 04:31 PM.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#79 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

I've been trying to decide about that myself. I think I'm leaning towards seizing the opportunity to travel sans gear and seeing if I can get away with just bringing a backpack though....

But my dear, you will still need to have wetsuit, mask booties, gloves and other stuff for a week long trip. If you can cram all that into a backpack, then I must take packing lessons from you!!!! :tears:

#80 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:46 PM

But my dear, you will still need to have wetsuit, mask booties, gloves and other stuff for a week long trip. If you can cram all that into a backpack, then I must take packing lessons from you!!!! :lmao:

I may have to get a slightly bigger backpack but if anyone can do this it's me!!!
I'll just have to wear REALLY skimpy outfits that don't take up alot of room....
:tears:
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#81 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

Robin, we could all take packing lessons from her, she had everything for a ten day dive trip in "carry on" and still had clothes to loan to other women on the trip.

I would like to know what the expected surface temps are going to be but I'm guessing the 3 mil isn't going to be enough. Never mind, I just found the water temps on the first page, high 60's to low 70's so I'll be packing the 7 mil, boots, gloves and beanie :lmao:

Edited by Latitude Adjustment, 31 May 2007 - 01:47 PM.

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#82 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

It will be nice to get in the water with you again, Ray. Really looking forward to this trip. Nice how it is shaping up. October will be here in no time!!

Sorry, although I live in SD, I generally don't dive here. I might be persuaded to head out to the Coronado islands for some boat dives if it is still relatively warm.

:lmao:

#83 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

Payment Update!

We have received payment from:

Ray aka Latitude Adjustment!!

#84 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:51 AM

I wanted to share some thoughts on booking this trip for people who might be "on the fence" and uncertain about whether the cost will be worth it. While in the Bahamas, I did the dolphin dive and the shark dive with UNEXSO. I thought the dolphin dive was going to be a dull tourist theatrical type dive that wasn't going to be worth the price of admission. Instead, it was one of the nost epic experiences of my life and if it had been the only dive that I did on the trip it would have been far more than worth it. True, the dive didn't allow for just free exploration like most of us are used to doing on dive trips, but to touch, be kissed and spun by dolphins on a 40 foot reef, was incredible. I never thought I'd experience anything like it in my life -- even being a fan of the 1960's television series Flipper. When I think of all the people who've ever lived and will ever live, I realize that I'm blessed in being one of the few in human history to be kissed by a dolphin. Amazing!

The "high" from that interaction only serves to make me want to experience this trip even more! Very few people will ever be able to see or perhaps touch a Great White Shark in the ocean. For those who've never had an animal encounter that was epic and life changing, you can't imagine the feelings that accompany such experiences. I really want to know what it is to look into the eyes of one of the ocean's most magnificent creatures and know that it is looking back at me both of us trying to make sense of the other. If you've never experienced something that was unique and special and if you've only ever thought of yourself and your experiences as "average" this trip is your chance to find the extraordinary in life.

For those who are used to a life less ordinary, this is a chance to continue the magic you've come to know so well.

In a world in which we are becoming desensitized to everything around us and estranged from others due to technology and the media, this is a chance of a lifetime to share something incredible with people and with breath-taking creatures. Reality isn't reality TV and no amount of HD wide screen can match all the sensations of actually being there.

So, having recently experienced something extraordinary, I can give two thumbs up to this adventure and wholeheartedly say It's going to be worth it! :cheerleader:

~ Trace
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#85 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:17 AM

Robin, we could all take packing lessons from her, she had everything for a ten day dive trip in "carry on" and still had clothes to loan to other women on the trip.

I would like to know what the expected surface temps are going to be but I'm guessing the 3 mil isn't going to be enough. Never mind, I just found the water temps on the first page, high 60's to low 70's so I'll be packing the 7 mil, boots, gloves and beanie :birthday:

Yes I was one she lent a very cute (hot) outfit too! :-D

I have borrowed a few secrets from her and am getting more into less! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#86 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:18 AM

I wanted to share some thoughts on booking this trip for people who might be "on the fence" and uncertain about whether the cost will be worth it. While in the Bahamas, I did the dolphin dive and the shark dive with UNEXSO. I thought the dolphin dive was going to be a dull tourist theatrical type dive that wasn't going to be worth the price of admission. Instead, it was one of the nost epic experiences of my life and if it had been the only dive that I did on the trip it would have been far more than worth it. True, the dive didn't allow for just free exploration like most of us are used to doing on dive trips, but to touch, be kissed and spun by dolphins on a 40 foot reef, was incredible. I never thought I'd experience anything like it in my life -- even being a fan of the 1960's television series Flipper. When I think of all the people who've ever lived and will ever live, I realize that I'm blessed in being one of the few in human history to be kissed by a dolphin. Amazing!

The "high" from that interaction only serves to make me want to experience this trip even more! Very few people will ever be able to see or perhaps touch a Great White Shark in the ocean. For those who've never had an animal encounter that was epic and life changing, you can't imagine the feelings that accompany such experiences. I really want to know what it is to look into the eyes of one of the ocean's most magnificent creatures and know that it is looking back at me both of us trying to make sense of the other. If you've never experienced something that was unique and special and if you've only ever thought of yourself and your experiences as "average" this trip is your chance to find the extraordinary in life.

For those who are used to a life less ordinary, this is a chance to continue the magic you've come to know so well.

In a world in which we are becoming desensitized to everything around us and estranged from others due to technology and the media, this is a chance of a lifetime to share something incredible with people and with breath-taking creatures. Reality isn't reality TV and no amount of HD wide screen can match all the sensations of actually being there.

So, having recently experienced something extraordinary, I can give two thumbs up to this adventure and wholeheartedly say It's going to be worth it! :lmao:

~ Trace

WOW!!! What an experience! I am soooooooooooo jazzed about this trip! I can't wait! Anyone else want to join us???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#87 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:24 AM

Payment Update:

1. William aka WRW got your payment! :thankyou:

formerly...

#88 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

Yes I was one she lent a very cute (hot) outfit too! :cool2:

I have borrowed a few secrets from her and am getting more into less! :cheerleader:

Less is sometimes more, especially in this regard :P

#89 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

Kamala, are we going to have any free time in Ensenada? I need to pick up some Mexican Vanilla, I have baker friends who are hooked on the stuff!

Signed and Dated

#90 fala

fala

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:39 PM

Great white sharks... ok the gears are grinding. how many spots left on this trip and what would have to be the down payment at this point?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users