• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NY/NJ January HH...you've got to be there!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:47 PM

NY/NJ January HH

5PM Saturday January 27th at Highlawn Pavilion in West Orange NJ.

Our January Happy Hour will be at Highlawn Pavilion which is located right off of I-280 in the Eagle Rock Reservation. They also have plenty of parking, a great view of the Manhattan skyline and a great bar menu.

For directions go to http://www.highlawn.com/direct.html

For NYC folks without cars the DeCamp bus line has a bus that goes from Port Authority to about a half a mile from the restaurant. If anyone is interested in doing that let me know and I will check the schedule. I'll also shuttle people back and forth from there.

And for anyone who is part polar bear...if you want to do a dive beforehand please keep me posted on the details since I will most definitely NOT be joining you. :teeth:

Who's Going?

1. Heidi aka Pocahontas
2. Monte aka BubbleBoy
3. Ellen aka FairyBasslet
4. Ray aka Latitude Adjustment
5. Fernando aka fala
6. Robin aka secretsea18
7. Moose

Who's Interested but can't commit just yet?

1. Vinny aka VADiver
2. Sandy aka Starfish Sandy
3. Dan aka Capt Saaz
4. NJMike
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#2 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:03 PM

Nice Place. I've been to several weddings and events there.

Count me in.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#3 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 24 December 2006 - 07:10 PM

Just my luck... I checked all the airlines for a flight from LAX to NYC or Newark that day, and there wasn't a single one I could afford! I guess you'll just have to hold the HH without me. Maybe I'll do one here on Catalina that day... no one will come so I'll get to drink all the booze, unless it is a dive day.

Seriously, hope you all have a great time. Maybe if I make it out for Beneath the Sea in March I'll meet some of you.

#4 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:31 AM

NY/NJ January HH
5PM Saturday January 27th at Highlawn Pavilion in West Orange NJ.

Highlawn Pavilion is located right off of I-280 in the Eagle Rock Reservation. They also have plenty of parking, a great view of the Manhattan skyline and a great bar menu.
For directions go to http://www.highlawn.com/direct.html
For NYC folks without cars the DeCamp bus line has a bus that goes from Port Authority to about a half a mile from the restaurant. If anyone is interested in doing that let me know and I will check the schedule. I'll also shuttle people back and forth from there.
And for anyone who is part polar bear...if you want to do a dive beforehand please keep me posted on the details since I will most definitely NOT be joining you.

OK, this is in my PDA, so I'm there!

Now, for the next question, any takers for a pre-HH dive? Horseshoe cove? I want to get to the bottom of that channel. (Read-Night dive during the day) Any brave souls?
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#5 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:41 PM

:birthday: I'll be at the happy hour but I'll pass on Moose's ice dive.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#6 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:21 PM

Hell...

with as warm as it has been, it will be like diving July around here...where is the damn snow?

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#7 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:06 PM

Hell...

with as warm as it has been, it will be like diving July around here...where is the damn snow?

I've been wondering the same thing...my snowboards are starting to feel neglected...

#8 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:30 PM

Let me mapquest it...I may be able to make it and press on to my mom's house in NY like the good son I am.

#9 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:09 PM

Hell...

Tolly - Don't make me smack you!!!!!! :birthday:
Known puker

#10 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:31 PM

Hell...

The water temperature in Long Island Sound is approximately 50 degrees...not at all unlike mid-May.

Rick
:birthday:

...busted in the blinding lights of CLOSING TIME --Leonard Cohen

#11 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:35 PM

Hell...

Tolly - Don't make me smack you!!!!!! :birthday:

oooo.....Promise?!?

(Sorry Capt.)

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#12 fala

fala

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:43 AM

I have been thinking I need to use my atomic gear - whether this means skis or regulator is really up to mother nature not me. I would be interested in doing a dive provided the temp is ok for a wetsuit. As for the HH I would attend.

fala

#13 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:19 AM

Let me mapquest it...I may be able to make it and press on to my mom's house in NY like the good son I am.

Wow...that's dedication!

#14 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:02 PM

.....any takers for a pre-HH dive? Horseshoe cove? I want to get to the bottom of that channel.

Moose,

I'll do the dive if the water temp stays above 50deg. But, I think to get to the bottom of the channel we'll need to push away the dead bodies and medical waste. :birthday: Maybe we'll find some more guns too. :birthday:
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#15 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

.....any takers for a pre-HH dive? Horseshoe cove? I want to get to the bottom of that channel.

Moose,

I'll do the dive if the water temp stays above 50deg. But, I think to get to the bottom of the channel we'll need to push away the dead bodies and medical waste. :birthday: Maybe we'll find some more guns too. :birthday:

I heard that Jimmy Hoffa is there. :birthday:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users