• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

VOTE for the April "Surprise" Trip

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: VOTE for the April "Surprise" Trip (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Waiting has paid off! However the deals are so good that I have to get your input as I can not decide which way to go. Here is the scoop...we can get the Belize Nekton but the dates will April 7-14 which is Easter Sunday. Or we can get Habitat Curaçao for later in the month avoiding Easter. Pricing will be about the same for either destination if you take advantage of the special discounts and airfare stays approx $200 difference as it is now. So I need your help! Please vote for one of the options if you are seriously considering this trip:

1. Belize Nekton 7 days regularily $1795 but special first time EARLY BOOKING SD Discount Price is $1595 and the Active Duty Early Booking Special Price is $1495 plus port fees, fuel surcharge, local xfers, chamber fee, etc. of approx $195 for up to 5 dives a day. (Does not include air to BZE of approx $450-ish range.) (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

2. Habitat Curacao 7 days priced about $1400 for land based all inclusive, 3 days 2 tank dives and unlimited shorediving pkg. (Does not include air to CUR of approx $625-ish range.) (8 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

3. I have no preference...I can fly over Easter or not and both trips sound great to me so I'd like to go either way!! (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:34 PM

Hey gang...

Waiting has paid off! However the deals are so good that I have to get your input as I can not decide which way to go. Here is the scoop...we can get the Belize Nekton but the dates will April 7-14 which is Easter Sunday. Or we can get Habitat Curaçao for later in the month avoiding Easter. Pricing will be about the same for either destination if you take advantage of the special discounts and airfare stays approx $200 difference as it is now.

So I need your help! Please vote for one of the options if you are seriously considering this trip:

1. Belize Nekton regularily $1795 but special first time EARLY BOOKING SD Discount Price is $1595 and the Active Duty Early Booking Special Price is $1495 plus port fees, fuel surcharge, local xfers, chamber fee, etc. of approx $195 for up to 5 dives a day. (Does not include air to BZE of approx $450-ish range.)

or

2. Habitat Curacao priced about $1400 for land based all inclusive, 3 days 2 tank dives and unlimited shorediving pkg. (Does not include air to CUR of approx $625-ish range.)

or

3. I have no preference...I can fly over Easter or not and both trips sound great to me so I'd like to go either way!!

I must decide by early next week so any input you provide would be great! Thanks, kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:17 PM

Please also share any feedback that you have with us on the trips...or ask questions! I've tried to make both pkgs equal.

Note on the Curacao pkg that Habitat offers a program called "Diving Freedom" meaning if you want to do your night dive at 7pm or 1am you can do it. They offer 24hr diving as long as you have a dive buddy! :birthday:

I know I know...too many choices! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:48 PM

What is the diving like in Curacao? I've never heard much about it?

I was looking at the Necton Pilot website, they dont' seem to be real vegetarian friendly. More or less we hope you can find something to eat on the buffett. Maybe you can ask them about that.

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:52 PM

Rkymtwy...

Curacao is like diving in Bonaire. Some say not as good and some say better and some say the same. Either way it is good! Plus they have LOTS of flight options.

As for vegetarian food options on the Nekton...I'll check with them and let you know. Most liveaboards do fine once you let them know. I'll double check! Great question! kamala

formerly...

#5 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:01 PM

One if the seasoned instructors from my local dive shop just can not say enough about Curacao. He swears that the diving there outshines Bonair as well as the service. He was disappointed that I chose to go to Bonaire last year..soooo I would vote for this destination. Bonaire was wonderful diving and the freedom to dive, whenever I wanted was wonderful..and , yeah, I was one of those crazy divers that did a 1am night dive , we were the only ones there, and it was one of my best memories of the trip! To be able to do this kind of diving again would be something to look forward to for sure!

Karen

Edited by nurseshark, 30 December 2006 - 09:02 PM.

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:36 AM

Rkymtwy, I've been on the Pilot twice, I seem to remember vegetarians both times not starving away. Meals are buffet style with plenty of choices, one night is South American fare, Thursday I beleive is Thanksgiving and the rest of the time mostly normal American food unlike many south of the border liveaboards. If it's the regular cook who is from Belize she will take care of you.

My buddy and I would like to do Belize however I would be booking through Nekton as I have a Hurricane credit to cash in with them.

Edited by Latitude Adjustment, 01 January 2007 - 08:49 AM.

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#7 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

Rkymtwy, I've been on the Pilot twice, I seem to remember vegetarians both times not starving away. Meals are buffet style with plenty of choices, one night is South American fare, Thursday I beleive is Thanksgiving and the rest of the time mostly normal American food unlike many south of the border liveaboards. If it's the regular cook who is from Belize she will take care of you.

My buddy and I would like to do Belize however I would be booking through Nekton as I have a Hurricane credit to cash in with them.

I can't go but thought I would give my input on Curacao. I have only dove in Belize once from a Cruise Ship (the giant stride was a bitch)... the water was crystal clear and I can't wait to go back.

As for Curacao, I'd take that diving over Bonaire any day. I stayed at Sunset Water and the dive sites up that way were just pristine.... I think Curacao is the best kept secret of the ABC's. IMHO
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#8 Terri

Terri

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:13 AM

I think Curacao is the best kept secret of the ABC's. IMHO

:cool2:
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:26 PM

I have spoken with them and you can book with us. They will honor the hurricane cash! -ww

formerly...

#10 SuperDave

SuperDave

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:06 AM

:D Hi All,

Voted for Belize but after talking with family I am changing my vote to Curacao. They want to see me at Easter. I will still go :P where ever Kamala takes us no matter what. I don't know if Kamala can get the chart to show the change or not.
Later,
SD

Edited by SuperDave, 02 January 2007 - 05:08 AM.

Member of Sikorsky Light Utility Taxi Service Kuwait

#11 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:37 AM

I've been wanting to go to Curacao for a while now and Easter week is out for me...Any holiday is pretty tough to get time off.

#12 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:55 PM

Voted for Belize but after talking with family I am changing my vote to Curacao. They want to see me at Easter. I will still go :cheerleader: where ever Kamala takes us no matter what. I don't know if Kamala can get the chart to show the change or not.

Posted Image
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:54 PM

Voted for Belize but after talking with family I am changing my vote to Curacao. They want to see me at Easter. I will still go :cool1: where ever Kamala takes us no matter what. I don't know if Kamala can get the chart to show the change or not.

Posted Image

Hey Dave...your wish is our command and Dive_Girl has worked her magic to reflect the change! :cheerleader:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users