• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PNW Dive Day & HH 1/20/2007

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Cpt. Bungee

Cpt. Bungee

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:104

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:02 PM

Here they are.... the photo show.

Sure enjoyed the diving today. Let's dive again real soon. Kirstena nd I had a blast.

Please enjoy the shoe.

Tim and Kirsten

http://photoshow.com.../watch/cA8iq2XP
It's all good and a can of corn !!!!!1

#2 Scubak

Scubak

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

I didn't know I was supposed to enjoy the SHOE!!!!
Thanks everyone for a great day.
It was wonderful to see everyone again and meet some new dive buddies...
K(irstena) :cheerleader:

#3 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:27 AM

Here they are.... the photo show.

Tim and Kirsten

http://photoshow.com.../watch/cA8iq2XP

Awesome pix - nice touch with the music.

THANKS so much for sharing via photoshow.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#4 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

Way cool...looks like ya'll had a great day
Thanks for the slide show ..

Karen

#5 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

Saturday was an excellent day! Although cold and not the best visibility as we normally experience in the PNW in January, the top side weather was as great as you could ask for when showing off the Puget Sound to a visiting Single Diver Member!

We filled the boat with a fantastic group of divers!!

1. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl
2. Edward aka inked_diver
3. Colleen aka gis_gal
4. Kirsten aka ScubaK
5. Tim aka Cpt. Bungee
6. Jack
7. Tommy aka Bambi
8. Shantel
9. Dan
10. Jason
11. Rich aka Diver_C
12. Frank aka fbp
13. Kevin aka kevininpo
14. Mark D
15. Sylvia aka cat fish, Bubble Watcher

We had a fabulous crew of Captain Tommy and DM in Tights, RJ! GG brought her MADE FROM SCRATCH (I know because I saw her make it Friday night :birthday: ) Apple Dessert and brownies! ScubaK and Tim brought chocolate cupcakes with super tasty frosting and fish themed sprinkles!

We dove: PT. DEFIANCE NORTH WALL and Z's REEF in the South Puget Sound, WA.

Pt. Defiance North Wall (REEF survey code 26210001) is located around the Pt. Defiance Point (the left of the point in the photo).
Posted Image

The clay wall starts about 20' from shore at a shallow depth of 4' and then vertically drops off to depths of 40-80+'. The pockmarked clay wall and formations serve as great hiding holes and homes to a number of the PNW's little critters including: Coonstriped Shrimp, Squat Lobsters, Hermit Crabs, Tidepool Sculpin, Warbonnets, Gunnels, Grunt Sculpin and more. The abundance of Grunt Sculpin that can be seen on this site is more than any other PNW site I have dove. It is pretty much a guaranteed sighting if you go SLOW enough. The key to diving this site is to stay above 70’, go slow, and look in every hole. For those divers looking for something bigger, this site does not disappoint. We saw two large Giant Pacific Octopus (GPO), one in a den under a flattened rock that I saw strike at a poor hermit crab that tumbled in. While we were all gathered around to have our photography divers take photos, it apparently tried to escape out its back door only to find fbp waiting with his camera! The second large GPO was tucked WAY WAY back into a clay funnel that was large enough for one diver to squeeze into at a time. What originally caught my eye was the two large sunflower starfish that were feeding on a dead GPO, but something caught my eye past them deep in the dark, so I moved forward to find a monster of a GPO tucked in the base of the crevice. Above this den and to the left were two very large mated Wolfeels. The Wolfeels were not alone in their den however, they were nice enough to share it with at least 3 large Sailfin Sculpins who were hanging out upside down at the mouth of the den. Apparently according to my dive buddies I need to work on my hand signals for Sailfin Sculpins as they thought I was narked and telling them I saw Unicorns… :birthday:
Posted Image

after 50+ minutes of playing around it was time to ascend.

Z's Reef (REEF survey code 28210002) is located on the southeast shore of Fox Island. It is a rocky ledge running parallel to shore.
Posted Image

The rocky ledge is approximately 200 yards long and ranges in depth from 40-60’. As I've mentioned in other dive reports for this site, there are tons of nooks and crannies to this ledge so a light is very useful and the sea life found here is diverse. This time around I was paired with our photography student so we worked hard on locating easy to shoot subjects that included large Kelp Crabs, some huge Vermillion Rockfish, and a very cute pair of Leopard Dorids. The current was steady so we also saw many Cooper Rockfish lazily tucked into crevices. Many Lingcod are currently on eggs so fbp and I were actively dogging their pass-by warnings. After about 40 minutes, we were ready to hang for our safety stop and then pack for Happy Hour!

Shortly after docking and packing, we headed to the RAM for lunch, drinks, and conversation. We had a great turnout taking over a long table:

1. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl
2. Edward aka inked_diver
3. Colleen aka gis_gal
4. Kirsten aka ScubaK
5. Tim aka Cpt. Bungee
6. Tommy aka Bambi
7. Shantel
8. Rich aka Diver_C
9. Mark D
10. Sylvia aka cat fish
11. Michiko aka Suntrooper
12. Cathy, friend of GG

It was a pleasure meeting cat fish (Sylvia). She is simply one wonderful class act – thank you for all the perks throughout the Happy Hour!! :wavey: I am so glad our dive day and your trip coincided and have a great time meeting the Vancouver BC crew this next weekend. Wish I could join you all.

For those of you who asked, I’ll let you all know when our dive group is headed North again (or when we have a dive weekend planned in Hood Canal)! Until next time, dive safe! :birthday:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#6 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:23 PM

I will have to follow DG's lead and again state Saturday was a great day for diving and hanging out with dive buddies. :wavey:

DG, Inked_Diver, Bambi and Shantel ~ Thanks for making my Friday night so much fun.
We have to do another sleepover. :birthday:

I am still cursing my leaking zipper.. Drysuit blah.... its a wet suit that is pretending to be a drysuit. :birthday:
I hope to have it replaced before our next dive adventure.

Catfish ~ I had a lot of fun chatting with you instead of diving that second dive.
I can't wait till you are back out. Next visit definately a dive visit.

Suntrooper ~ Also great meeting you. I have to admit I know I liked you as soon as I noticed we had the same cell phone.
I don't see many of them and I have never seen another green one. :birthday:
Girl you are the best.

Thanks to all the old friends who made it out. It was great seeing you all again.
Glad you enjoyed my apple pie treat.
The cupcakes from Capt. Bungee and ScubaK were killer.
I eat at least 2... yeah... 2.. thats my story and I am sticking with it.

Can't wait for the next group trip.

Edited by gis_gal, 22 January 2007 - 03:25 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#7 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

DG, Inked_Diver, Bambi and Shantel ~ Thanks for making my Friday night so much fun.

Well your hospitality was beyond compare yet again. :wavey: And although we can never publically share the crazy conversations or random late night text messages from Friday night, my sides still hurt from laughing so hard! :birthday:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#8 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

Well your hospitality was beyond compare yet again. :wavey: And although we can never publically share the crazy conversations or random late night text messages from Friday night, my sides still hurt from laughing so hard! :birthday:

We all know the RULES
What happens at GG's B&B STAYS at GG's B&B :birthday:

I am glad to hear I am not the only with sore sides ~
Everytime you and your gang stays over is a great night. We need to find a way to do it more often.

I haven't taken the time to see what sort of pics I got.
I will email any good ones to DG ASAP.

Edited by gis_gal, 22 January 2007 - 05:31 PM.

#9 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

Sorry for the delay, here are some pics of the day...

Not much UW, but hey, it's the trip and company that counted eh? :welcome:

Hmmm... not having much luck on the uploading of photos... only small limits, will try the photo gallery..
(Have about 5 more to post)

Posted a few more over at the pnw HH page, I guess?
http://www.singlediv...a...=sc&cat=113

Edited by fbp, 28 January 2007 - 06:28 PM.

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#10 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for the photos Frank! I especially like the one with our gear. My set-up looks so dwarfed!! :welcome: :D

Posted Image

#11 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:04 PM

DG ~ I really liked the gear shot. So much great gear. All gathered in one place.

I am glad I was using "the big tank".
If I had been using my own tank my gear would have looked so very tiny. :welcome:

Edited by gis_gal, 29 January 2007 - 12:05 PM.

#12 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:49 PM

Hello,
I am back in PA ... trapped in the library again!
Thank you so much to EVERYONE for the wonderful dive day and HH in your beautiful Puget Sound on Jan 20. It was super to meet everyone, and to see first-hand that you are great divers as well as a fun and good-lookin' crowd of crazy people (My favourite type). Now I even know about Butt-Faces .. the Ram was also great, with good eats too.

Nicolle -- thank you for the invitation! And thanks to Kirsten and Tim and Frank for the super photos. I will look at them often. I got under water vicarously through you.

Colleen -- those apple thingies are *wow*. I made a pretty good dent in the pan while you were diving... didn't miss you guys a bit. And thanks for leading me back to the highway, or I'd still be wandering around Ruston Way.

Good day, good people! Until I see you again... Thanks and hugs, sylvia

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:35 AM

Well your hospitality was beyond compare yet again. :birthday: And although we can never publically share the crazy conversations or random late night text messages from Friday night, my sides still hurt from laughing so hard! :birthday:

Dang it I wish I was there...need another tolly sandwich don't we Colleen??? :birthday:

Colleen gets an A+ for hospitality...not a nook or crannie in her home wasn't filled with a diver or a kid! But it was the best time in the world! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:37 AM

Sorry for the delay, here are some pics of the day...

Not much UW, but hey, it's the trip and company that counted eh? :birthday:

Hmmm... not having much luck on the uploading of photos... only small limits, will try the photo gallery..
(Have about 5 more to post)

Posted a few more over at the pnw HH page, I guess?
http://www.singlediv...a...=sc&cat=113

Ok who has the cool red wet and blue hat?

And who's butt are we seeing????? :birthday:

Attached Images

• butt_shot_PNW_Jan_2007_HH_Dive.jpg

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

Hello,
I am back in PA ... trapped in the library again!
Thank you so much to EVERYONE for the wonderful dive day and HH in your beautiful Puget Sound on Jan 20. It was super to meet everyone, and to see first-hand that you are great divers as well as a fun and good-lookin' crowd of crazy people (My favourite type). Now I even know about Butt-Faces .. the Ram was also great, with good eats too.

Nicolle -- thank you for the invitation! And thanks to Kirsten and Tim and Frank for the super photos. I will look at them often. I got under water vicarously through you.

Colleen -- those apple thingies are *wow*. I made a pretty good dent in the pan while you were diving... didn't miss you guys a bit. And thanks for leading me back to the highway, or I'd still be wandering around Ruston Way.

Good day, good people! Until I see you again... Thanks and hugs, sylvia

Aha! You must be the lovely lady in red....welcome! Wasn't the top side scenery gorgeous? Makes me wish sometimes I still lived there...and ALWAYS reminds me of how beautiful this part of the world is! :birthday:

Attached Images

• PNW_Jan_2007_Dive__HH.jpg
  • PNW_Jan_2007_Dive_HH_scenery.jpg

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users