• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Welcome OMS...Ocean Management Systems!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:47 AM

Please welcome our newest corporate sponsor...OMS! Ocean Management Systems has been supplying divers with innovative diving equipment since 1991 and has become the inhouse standard for NASA. OMS Inc. has built its core business, around neutrally buoyant steel cylinders, patented BC's and backplate harness systems. These and other OMS products are typically known throughout the dive industry for their innovative design, and robustness.

To learn more about their products please feel free to ask here. We are very excited that they wish to support SingleDivers.com and thier members. Be looking for announcements regarding specials for our members and other innovative and exciting announcements in the near future.

Please join me in welcoming OMS to SingleDivers.com! - kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:13 AM

Please welcome our newest corporate sponsor...OMS!

Welcome aboard!

Now, about that 'Test Diver' position that I want to talk to you about... :cool1:

PlatypusMan
...got anything in a size monotreme? Sparky wants to know...

#3 ncdiver43

ncdiver43

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:trimix
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:43 AM

Welcome OMS!! Ive been diving your gear for years. Everything is well thought out an practically "bullet-proof". OMS is what all other dive gear is compared to... Keep up the great products!!!

Greg

#4 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:09 AM

OMS is what all other dive gear is compared to...

Hadn't heard this one before...

#5 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:45 AM

I think I've heard of these guys (any gals with them?)!

Hmmm... my gear has never been compared to anyone's (at least not favorably).

Welcome to SD.com, OMS. Look forward to your contributions.

Edited by drbill, 01 February 2007 - 09:46 AM.

#6 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:15 AM

I think I've heard of these guys (any gals with them?)!

Hmmm... my gear has never been compared to anyone's (at least not favorably).

Welcome to SD.com, OMS. Look forward to your contributions.

Now I remember a reason I was happy you didn't make Roatan - I didn't want to compare the length of our hoses !!!
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#7 OMS

OMS

Getting started

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:34 AM

Please welcome our newest corporate sponsor...OMS!

Welcome aboard!

Now, about that 'Test Diver' position that I want to talk to you about... :-D

PlatypusMan
...got anything in a size monotreme? Sparky wants to know...

The position for test diver was filled :lmao: Your résumé was a little slow in arriving. We will be glad to add your name to the list for future reference. You can see a lot of the new things on some of the SD trips coming up. The Wench and Dive Girl are some of the new OMS models showing off the new Vega Lights.vega.jpg

#8 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:14 PM

Platy if i remember correctly that OMS's test diver is none other then WW husband to be, but then again i could be wrong. Then there probably are a few others on there list, but i wouldnt mind being a live test dummy :lmao:.

good timing on the annoucement since im looking at a good list of gear i need to get in the next year.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#9 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

The Wench and Dive Girl are some of the new OMS models showing off the new Vega Lights.

IT IS TRUE!! I cannot tell you all how absolutely pleased I have been with the Vega!

THE OMS VEGA!!
First, it is SO compact at 4.26 inches long and 1.5 inches in diameter (the photo below is almost the exact size)!! It is the perfect sized back-up light for my harness. It is sleek and small and deploys so quickly and easily from my harness set-up. What I do with my back-up lights are to attached a stainless steel clip to the end, attach it to my D-rin on the right side, and then slip it through a loop of bicycle tubing I have my harness webbing threaded through. It keeps the light streamlined when not in use. When needed, I unclip it and then pull it right through the tubbing with a quick snap. I practiced deploying it a number of times on my first day of diving with it.

Then to really put it to the test, I also had a night dive planned that first day of diving with the light. Half way through the dive, I shut down my cannister light and deployed the Vega. It was amazing how powerful this little light is at 3W LED! It has 3 hours of burn time.

And so with form and function comes looks. The light is a sleek all-metal light that simply looks good as a bonus.

Posted Image

Well done OMS! :lmao:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#10 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:46 PM

DG - good to hear the report on the light. can you give a quick comparision between the can light and the Vega (beam width and angle, focusable?, etc).

anybody done a comparison of the various hand held HID and LED lights to see how they compare to the Vega?

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#11 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:02 PM

The only backup light comparo I've seen lately compared the

Heser
Photon Torpedo
Halcyon Scout
Dive Rite

All LED lights.

OMS doesn't have much presence here in cave country, so I have no seen any of their lights.

What batteries does this Vega light take? It looks a bit small for my tastes, but might be a nice backup in a pocket. How negative is it in the water?

#12 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:09 PM

if i remember correctly they are common CR123 batteries that are used in most cameras (film atleast) and i have a supply of them in my camera bag so wont have to add another size to the list.

3 hour burntime isnt bad from what DG on those cells considering the draw rate.

Tooth

#13 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:35 PM

3 hours might be a bit short for my needs as a backup. Not bad for an emergency light though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users