• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

I.D.E.A. certifying agency...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BUBBLEJAY

BUBBLEJAY

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:OPEN WATER
  • Logged Dives:SIX

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:47 PM

Is anyone familiar with i.d.e.a. as a certifying agency? I just completed my OW but have never heard of them before. Thanks

#2 ddierolf

ddierolf

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:05 PM

:teeth: Hi and Welcome! I have never heard of it before, but I did a web search and Altoona is the only place in PA that has an office or LDS (Local Dive Shop) that offers that cert. Next closest place is in Ohio.

Dennis

Which end is up?

#3 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:16 PM

Here's is their web site: http://www.idea-scub...g.com/index.htm

Hope you don't have difficulties with operators. I think I might print out the home page and carry if with me on trip. DrBill had to get recertified after years of diving as many operators didn't know that LA County Calf had a very good Scuba training program.

Edited by DandyDon, 25 June 2004 - 01:16 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#4 JulioJoglar

JulioJoglar

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:19 PM

Wow!! You do learn something new everyday. I've never heard of IDEA before. I did a :lam: search and found their website. Apparently, there is only one dive shop in Texas that IDEA certifies. Sorry I don't have any info about IDEA but I do not know of anyone ever been certified by IDEA.

Stay Cool, Stay Wet

Julio :P

#5 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:53 PM

They are well known by the folks who'll be accepting your c-card. They are a recognized agency and you will not have a problem having your card accepted.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#6 Narwhal

Narwhal

Director of Training

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:43 PM

Sorry I got in late on this one but IDEA is a member of RSTC along with PADI, YMCA, SSI, PDIC and now SDI. RSTC members set minimum training standards under NBS auspices.
Jim
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson
"There is nothing more terrifying than ignorance in action."
Goethe
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep, voting on what to eat for dinner; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote."
Thomas Jefferson
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
H.L. Mencken:

#7 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:12 AM

DrBill had to get recertified after years of diving as many operators didn't know that LA County Calf had a very good Scuba training program.

I wonder if Al Tillman was his instructor? If so, that card is SCUBA gold! That's like a Doxa dive watch or a stint on the Calypso.

Trace
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users