• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

It's official!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:32 AM

Congrats and best of luck Platy!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#17 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

:unsure: John!!!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#18 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:06 PM

Thank you all for your well-wishes...just worked a class this past weekend in a balmy 46F lake near Dallas.

I am SO glad that I have a drysuit... :cool2:

PlatypusMan
...How cold was it? It was so cold that Sparky wanted to sleep with me...

#19 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:47 AM

Thank you all for your well-wishes...just worked a class this past weekend in a balmy 46F lake near Dallas.

I am SO glad that I have a drysuit... :cheerleader:

PlatypusMan
...How cold was it? It was so cold that Sparky wanted to sleep with me...

And I bet even happier that a good friend washed and dried your fleece and socks Saturday night so they'd be dry for Sunday. You didn't by chance find a pair of uhhh...pink things tangled up in them somewhere did you? I put them in together in the wash, but they never came out of the dryer. :teeth:

My first OW class was the weekend of Feb 3/4. All DMC's were on hand to assist with checkout dives. Done with all water skills except the 75ft underwater (one breath), 20 minute skin tread (last minute arms out of the water), and skin ditch and recovery. Thinking I should be able to knock those out next Tuesday night. I have to say Bailout was a blast! I was so afraid of that skill and once I did it I wanted to do it again and again. We'll be back at the Comal Mar 3/4 to assist with more OW checkouts. I think I'm assigned to the April OW class as far as pool and skill demonstrations.

Enjoy your training John; it can be a little tough, but so rewarding!

#20 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:34 AM

And I bet even happier that a good friend washed and dried your fleece and socks Saturday night so they'd be dry for Sunday. You didn't by chance find a pair of uhhh...pink things tangled up in them somewhere did you? I put them in together in the wash, but they never came out of the dryer. :cheerleader:

Yes, Mongoose did a great job on those <ahem>.

Those were yours? I didn't think so -- especially when Mongoose was dancing with them around the campsite, singing "Pink is the new Black".

PlatypusMan

#21 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:48 AM

:cheerleader: WooHoo!!! :teeth:

Congratulations John!! Can never have too many DMs in the family. :diver:

#22 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

And I bet even happier that a good friend washed and dried your fleece and socks Saturday night so they'd be dry for Sunday. You didn't by chance find a pair of uhhh...pink things tangled up in them somewhere did you? I put them in together in the wash, but they never came out of the dryer. :teeth:

Yes, Mongoose did a great job on those <ahem>.

Those were yours? I didn't think so -- especially when Mongoose was dancing with them around the campsite, singing "Pink is the new Black".

PlatypusMan

Damn! Another pair I'll never get back! BTH is still hanging on to the first pair. My ... uhhhh.. pink things... are sure getting around!

#23 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:30 PM

As if you weren't scared enough; today I am told I passed the academic portion of the NAUI DM program.

Still some Stupid Human Tricks left, but if all goes as planned I will be a DM by mid-summer, give-or-take.

PlatypusMan

We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea -- whether it is to sail or to watch it -- we are going back from whence we came.--JFK

#24 dolphingirl

dolphingirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

As if you weren't scared enough; today I am told I passed the academic portion of the NAUI DM program.

Still some Stupid Human Tricks left, but if all goes as planned I will be a DM by mid-summer, give-or-take.

PlatypusMan

We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea -- whether it is to sail or to watch it -- we are going back from whence we came.--JFK

Way to go!!! Congratulations!! (You don't know me, I'm new to group) But "Way to go", anyway!
Barbara

#25 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

Having passed the academic portion of the NAUI Master Diver program a few weeks ago, as of today I am now Officially Entered as a DM candidate through my LDS.

I say... Well done old bean...!
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#26 madlobster

madlobster

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

Congrats Platy :banghead: :-D
"The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live'em out"- Payne Stewart

#27 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

:banghead: Congrats!! That's a great accomplishment. :-D
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#28 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

Congratulations. Study hard. (You'll need it. :banghead: )
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#29 cancunbiologist

cancunbiologist

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:56 AM

congrats dude! feels good doesnt it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users