• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Colorado Happy Hour

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:45 AM

The 21st would work for me as well.

#62 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

Aquapup, If you want help to finalize this, let me know.

Thanks

George aka georoc01.

#63 etski

etski

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced open water diver
  • Logged Dives:36

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

Well Denver is probably the closest HH I'll get unless anyone wants to come to Salt Lake. 9/12th-18th is no good for me, but if it's other than that, I'll try and make it. I also vote for a rocky mountain group for us people on the fence between central and western. My buddy Jeb wants a place he can come too!tanner_dog_park_012.jpg

#64 Bonus

Bonus

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

Anyone...Anyone....

How are the plans going?

Bob in CO

#65 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

I believe Aquapup was headed to Roatan for Singles week and I doubt I will hear from her until she gets back. I did talk to the director of operations for Lodos Resturants and we can hold it there if we want. I have a $50 food credit that I can donate to the cause if people are up for it.

#66 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:41 AM

Okay, so I'm looking at doing the 1st Colorado HH finally in September. (I checked with some locations with good patios a couple weeks ago, and they wouldn't give us any deals, so the search for an appropriate venue has slowed down the planning). I am probably going to wind up picking a central Denver location, but where there is decent space for parking.

Since I don't get back from Roatan until the 8th, that makes it one of the Saturdays after that (15th, 22nd, or 29th). Please participate now in an informal poll...whichever date gets the most responses is the one I will pick!

If enough people are interested in going with a Friday (14th, 21st, or 28th), I would be willing to do that as well. I had only gotten stuck on the idea of a Saturday hoping that we'd get people driving from outside the immediate metro area. Am I wrong in this?

Some things to keep in mind:

:lmao: The weekend of the 15th is the Colorado Wine Festival in Palisades. I am considering going to this, so I may not be willing to do that Saturday.

:welcome: September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day , Arrr!! So, IMHO, the 21st would be a very appropriate day to do this!! (I'd actually prefer the 21st to the 22nd, as I have plans later in the evening on the 22nd & would have to bug out at a decent time.)

:lmao: And, of course, the 29th is the Scuba party/concert at the Downtown Aquarium (I cannot find a link to this event!!). If what Shark Guy says is true, then I agree that it may not be the best venue to support. However, I don't want to make that decision for everyone else. Thus, if people are going to be in town for that day and want our HH the day before because it conflicts, say so. If people want to boycott the Aquarium event and go on the 29th, say that.

Okay, people, vote!! If you vote, I will plan...

So Aquapup, were you evacuated from Roatan? We hope you are ok! Post when you can!

#67 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:8

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

So Aquapup, were you evacuated from Roatan? We hope you are ok! Post when you can!

Yep, I was!! 3 days of traveling, 1 day of diving. Ugh. And Felix wound up veering south...but I'm sure the diving was pretty disrupted due to the winds anyway, plus my camera went kaput on my 2nd dive. At least I got to stuff myself with BBQ at Hole in the Wall Sunday afternoon!

I think we will make Sept 21st the official First Annual Rocky Mountain Region Talk Like a Pirate Day SD HH (LOL is that too long??). Arrrrr!

I have been having trouble hearing back from the folks at Funky Buddha, but I will probably be there Friday night & will see if I can get somewhere then for a future HH, maybe in October, especially since they have the great setup for questionable weather (patio with roof & vinyl sides that can block out cold/bad weather). Perhaps if we do that mid-October we can do some giveaways of the stuff people have mentioned they will be collecting on some upcoming trips! :cheerleader:

George, please see what you can set up with LoDo's on drink specials & food. We could do something like a $5 per person charge if they provide us with more food, but I think just having some good deals available to our group in addition to your generous donation would be the most ideal. If they can't fit us in downtown at this point, we can also go with the new Westminster location, as it is not very far off the highway and closer to central Denver than most people realize.

If anyone has any goodies that can be donated for giveaways, let me know, and I'll come up with some contests or something maybe that we can do at the HH on the 21st.

Also, once we have the details hammered out, perhaps we can set up a page for this and then let people post to any activity groups they are involved in where there might be more solo/single divers who aren't already on the forum...for example, I am in Meetin and Meetup.
Religion is a smile on a dog...

...and SeaDog is my copilot.

Live, Love, and Pet something furry that gives good kisses.

#68 CobraJet

CobraJet

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:40+

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

Aquapup says....If anyone has any goodies that can be donated for giveaways, let me know, and I'll come up with some contests or something maybe that we can do at the HH on the 21st.

Also, once we have the details hammered out, perhaps we can set up a page for this and then let people post to any activity groups they are involved in where there might be more solo/single divers who aren't already on the forum...for example, I am in Meetin and Meetup.

Aaarrrrr, I guess you do have some Captain in yuh! :cheerleader:, Aquapup for taking this HH on.

I'll still be in Panama City in Sept but will pencil in a trip back to Colorado for that weekend once you get everything finalized. Hopefully, I can make it. Lemme know if you want me to pick up something for giveaways from the LDS or souvenir shop here in PCB.
Tom
Parker, CO

#69 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:02 PM

Lemme know if you want me to pick up something for giveaways from the LDS or souvenir shop here in PCB.

Hmm, by any chace are there SD funds that can be put towards such things, does anyone know?

Also, I just got a call--FINALLY--from the Funky Buddha manager, and they can get us the 21st as well. I will see what specials they will offer us, but if nothing else, we will do another HH there in Oct or Nov...

#70 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:42 AM

Okay, so I'm looking at doing the 1st Colorado HH finally in September. (I checked with some locations with good patios a couple weeks ago, and they wouldn't give us any deals, so the search for an appropriate venue has slowed down the planning). I am probably going to wind up picking a central Denver location, but where there is decent space for parking.

Since I don't get back from Roatan until the 8th, that makes it one of the Saturdays after that (15th, 22nd, or 29th). Please participate now in an informal poll...whichever date gets the most responses is the one I will pick!

If enough people are interested in going with a Friday (14th, 21st, or 28th), I would be willing to do that as well. I had only gotten stuck on the idea of a Saturday hoping that we'd get people driving from outside the immediate metro area. Am I wrong in this?

Some things to keep in mind:

:birthday: The weekend of the 15th is the Colorado Wine Festival in Palisades. I am considering going to this, so I may not be willing to do that Saturday.

:( September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day , Arrr!! So, IMHO, the 21st would be a very appropriate day to do this!! (I'd actually prefer the 21st to the 22nd, as I have plans later in the evening on the 22nd & would have to bug out at a decent time.)

:birthday: And, of course, the 29th is the Scuba party/concert at the Downtown Aquarium (I cannot find a link to this event!!). If what Shark Guy says is true, then I agree that it may not be the best venue to support. However, I don't want to make that decision for everyone else. Thus, if people are going to be in town for that day and want our HH the day before because it conflicts, say so. If people want to boycott the Aquarium event and go on the 29th, say that.

Okay, people, vote!! If you vote, I will plan...

I'll see what I can do today. If you want to contact me, my email address is geocal99@yahoo.com or PM me through this site if you are a premier member.

#71 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:54 AM

I met with the GM of Lodo's downtown yesterday and have us down for a spot on the Patio from 6-9pm on September 21st. The address is 1946 Market Street about a block from Coors Field.

http://www.lodosbarandgrill.com/

I still need to call him back as far as food goes, so if someone has a preference, I can see what I can do. My plan at this point is a veggie tray and chicken wings.

I'll be down there tomorrow morning for NFL football. Bills vs Broncos, can't miss it!

Edited by georoc01, 08 September 2007 - 10:55 AM.

#72 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

AquaPup, I will bring something back from Dallas for giveaways. We will have to meet sometime on the 15th afternoon, or on the 16th before 1:00. I tried to pm you, but it came back. I live in Golden if that helps. Have a great time.
Kathy

#73 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

This event has been posted! See the new posting in the Central Region events, "Colorado HH on the 21st."

#74 BottomDweller

BottomDweller

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Logged Dives:220

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:10 PM

Just noticed the post, will put on my calendar too. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Bottomdweller
Formerly "enreber" but now new and improved as BottomDweller!

#75 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

Just noticed the post, will put on my calendar too. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Bottomdweller

Cool! It will be glad to meet someone else headed to Australia in December!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users