• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Colorado Happy Hour

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 sea dweller

sea dweller

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:7

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:35 PM

I'm in for a CO HH!

and my vote is "Rocky Mountain" region....even though I grew up a west coast nutjob :lmao:

#32 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:8

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

I'm up for an event. In fact, if there is enough interest, I won a free party at the Fox&The Hound that I would be willing to donate for the event for up to 20 people..

You have won a free party for up to 20 from Fox & Hound in Westminster. Includes 50 Grand Champion Wings, Chips and Salsa, 2 thin crust pizzas and 1 complimentary pool table for 2 hours!

Its at 120th and Sheridan.

I also have contacts at Lodos downtown or Highlands Ranch locations if we wanted to do one of those, but for me Highlands Ranch is a tough happy hour to make..

George

Haha George, you must live near me. I have the same invite to F&H, same location. :cheerleader: It is definitely a possibility.

SO, if you have contacts for LoDo's...and have the same aversion as I do to trying to get down to Highlands Ranch for a happy hour...I think a great location to do something soon (I'd especially love to meet some people before the Singles Week in Roatan, if anyone's going) would be the NEW LoDo's off of 104th & Federal; it's not too far from the highways, and they would probably welcome a large group to help kick off their opening. The website says "opening mid-July," but nothing else. Perhaps with your contacts you can get info easily & hook us up...? :teeth:

North metro would also be a great place for all those coming from Fort Collins, etc.

I would also be willing to help you organize a regional HH if you want.

The Pupster
Religion is a smile on a dog...

...and SeaDog is my copilot.

Live, Love, and Pet something furry that gives good kisses.

#33 CobraJet

CobraJet

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:40+

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'm up for an event. In fact, if there is enough interest, I won a free party at the Fox&The Hound that I would be willing to donate for the event for up to 20 people..

I also have contacts at Lodos downtown or Highlands Ranch locations if we wanted to do one of those, but for me Highlands Ranch is a tough happy hour to make..

LOL, I used to get those all the time for the Comedy Works....and Chuck E Cheese.

I'm due back to Colorado (to mow my grass) August 2-5, and I'm near the Park Meadows and Parker area. If someone can put a HH together during that timeframe, count me in! I can bring some white sand with me to set the mood. :teeth:

I have not done Blue Hole yet but may have to spend a half day there as I can take I-40 back to Florida. What better way to wake up from a long drive than a dunk in that frigid pool. BTW, has anyone dove Lake McConaughy in Nebraska? It used to be relatively clear in some parts and is known to have some big fish...and nowhere near as cold!

Edited by CobraJet, 12 July 2007 - 02:59 PM.

Tom
Parker, CO

#34 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

Seems we are getting interest in this. North might be good for some but real bad for others. I'm on the south end of the metro area. If we can get this started we may have to have a one that rotates to different parts of the city/state. I know we have members scattered everywhere.

#35 CobraJet

CobraJet

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

Just an observation folks but this thread was started back in Feb and it seems a decision just can't be made. Having lived in the Denver area since the early '70's, I know the rarified air can play havoc with our decision making process.... :diver:

All kid'n aside, I'd love to pull the pin today and say, let's all meet at LoDo's, or Fox and the Hound, etc., and everyone show up wearing their mask or dive watch so we know who you are.....but I'm down here baking in So. Alabama, and hoping something just happens to be put together for the 2-5 Aug timeframe. I'd love to meet y'all.

Git 'er dun!
Tom
Parker, CO

#36 sudsymark

sudsymark

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

Nothing wrong with a little confusion. It's sounds like you have some interest....choose a site and they will come :cool1:
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#37 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:42 AM

....choose a site and they will come :cheerleader:

Yes yes...and in that spirit, I will be contacting the LoDo's people in the next couple days to see if they will give us an extended happy hour, probably in early August (the new location isn't quite open yet). That way, if people have to come from further away, we can schedule it at a time when people won't be fighting traffic. I'm gonna make it happen, yea yeah! :welcome:

Edited by AquaPup, 15 July 2007 - 12:42 AM.

#38 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:30 AM

Suggest you choose Aug 2-5 since that date has been suggested and we know ONE member will be there for sure! :welcome:

You may want to pick the Saturday of that weekend so that more people can travel if needed!

As soon as you pick a location...just do it soon, then open a new thread with the date, details etc in the title lines. Sudsymark or one of the mods will help you to keep a list of who's going accurate if your edit function expires on you.

I'm very excited! The sooner you get SOME of the details posted the sooner others can start to plan! And when you guys start to plan these a month out...I'll get them listed in various scuba mags etc. !!! :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#39 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:18 AM

Suggest you choose Aug 2-5 since that date has been suggested and we know ONE member will be there for sure! :lmao:

You may want to pick the Saturday of that weekend so that more people can travel if needed!

As soon as you pick a location...just do it soon, then open a new thread with the date, details etc in the title lines. Sudsymark or one of the mods will help you to keep a list of who's going accurate if your edit function expires on you.

I'm very excited! The sooner you get SOME of the details posted the sooner others can start to plan! And when you guys start to plan these a month out...I'll get them listed in various scuba mags etc. !!! :cool1:

Of course, I missed this thread and here it is that weekend. Yesterday was the Colorado Dive day over at Aurora, and it was alot of fun. Even got wet a couple of times..However, I was at Downtown Lodos yesterday afternoon as well for the NFL Hall of Fame Inductions.

I can throw out another possiblity. Denver Divers is hosting a concert with the Wailers at the Aquarium downtown on September 29th. TO be honest, in the six years I have lived here, I haven't been there. Any thoughts?

#40 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

Ugh...I had surgery last month and just completely forgot about the suggestion for doing it this weekend. I also went to the Dive day yesterday. Sorry I didn't set up the HH for afterwards or something! I did in fact drive by LoDo's in Westminster a couple weeks ago, and they were still finishing the interior. According to the website they are actually now open. Will contact them, see what they can do for us, and post asap.

I too was thinking about going to the Aquarium day, but I'd like to get a HH going in August still. I have been to the Aquarium, but only for the fishy tour, not for the booze & food! :cool1:

Perhaps as we get a little closer to the date we can encourage all to attend.

BTW, I booked my week in Roatan for Singles Week the first of September. :lmao: Who else is going??

#41 CobraJet

CobraJet

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, sounds like a busy weekend for everyone. I was playing catch up with my daughter and friends since arriving Thursday. Sorry we missed another opportunity. I'm headed back outta town tonight but plan to be back in Colorado for the Labor Day weekend.

A HH at the Aquarium would be quite appropriate and more centrally located for everyone in the Denver area....great idea!
Tom
Parker, CO

#42 Colorado Shark Guy

Colorado Shark Guy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master in Training.... been diving for 24 years in New England, Caribbean, FLA, etc.
  • Logged Dives:500+/-

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

Just my 2 cents worth.... but I'd vote against the aquarium.... they are a for-profit company and they do not care for their marine animals all that well.... (I worked there for a short time)..... quite expensive too.....just my 2 cents....

#43 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

Just my 2 cents worth.... but I'd vote against the aquarium.... they are a for-profit company and they do not care for their marine animals all that well.... (I worked there for a short time)..... quite expensive too.....just my 2 cents....

I'm doing the Coz/Cenotes/Holbox trip Aug 16-24..

SO turning around to Roatan is a bit quick..

I was hanging most of the day at the Scubaboard booth with Michelle and Howard, who split their time between Breckenridge and Ft. Lauderdale.

I did dive in the morning at the swim beach and over at scuba beach in the afternoon..

#44 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:37 AM

Okay, so I'm looking at doing the 1st Colorado HH finally in September. (I checked with some locations with good patios a couple weeks ago, and they wouldn't give us any deals, so the search for an appropriate venue has slowed down the planning). I am probably going to wind up picking a central Denver location, but where there is decent space for parking.

Since I don't get back from Roatan until the 8th, that makes it one of the Saturdays after that (15th, 22nd, or 29th). Please participate now in an informal poll...whichever date gets the most responses is the one I will pick!

If enough people are interested in going with a Friday (14th, 21st, or 28th), I would be willing to do that as well. I had only gotten stuck on the idea of a Saturday hoping that we'd get people driving from outside the immediate metro area. Am I wrong in this?

Some things to keep in mind:

:P The weekend of the 15th is the Colorado Wine Festival in Palisades. I am considering going to this, so I may not be willing to do that Saturday.

:lmao: September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day , Arrr!! So, IMHO, the 21st would be a very appropriate day to do this!! (I'd actually prefer the 21st to the 22nd, as I have plans later in the evening on the 22nd & would have to bug out at a decent time.)

:P And, of course, the 29th is the Scuba party/concert at the Downtown Aquarium (I cannot find a link to this event!!). If what Shark Guy says is true, then I agree that it may not be the best venue to support. However, I don't want to make that decision for everyone else. Thus, if people are going to be in town for that day and want our HH the day before because it conflicts, say so. If people want to boycott the Aquarium event and go on the 29th, say that.

Okay, people, vote!! If you vote, I will plan...

#45 HereFishyFishy

HereFishyFishy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD, former HI diver going thru withdrawl, gasp, gasp
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

:twist: September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day , Arrr!! So, IMHO, the 21st would be a very appropriate day to do this!! (I'd actually prefer the 21st to the 22nd, as I have plans later in the evening on the 22nd & would have to bug out at a decent time.)

Okay, people, vote!! If you vote, I will plan...

I have Nebraska season tickets but think I've sold my tickets for the 21st. So...arrr matey, I be there votin' for the twenty-first! I be comin' from the Springs, but cha can maker either Friday or thar Saturday. I be lookin' forward to meetin' all you scally-wags and Davey Jones locker lovers. It be a right best time, it be.
:P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users