• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

GOING TO KEY LARGO 4 JULY ANY INPUT

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

Hey Squid,
I'd like to hear about your rates. I'm just a rookie so this all new to me...

I just sent them a friendly reminder email.
Squid
Signature under construction :)

#17 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

Come on down. Will arrive on the 3 July. I booked this with Silent World Dive Center (800-966-3483) for 2 AM dives for two days and room it cost was not bad. Looks like a great time.
Look forward to diving with you.

Marty

Hi Marty,
Thanks for twisting my arm...

I'm headed to Colorado later in July anyways so what the hey, I'm going to Key Largo for the 4th. Just made reservations at the Holiday Inn resort, and called both Conch Republic and Silent World. I grabbed a few dive spots with Conch and looking at the 3 trip package (6 dives) with Silent World for the 4th through the 7th.

So did Silent World book you a hotel, too?

Yes they booked my hotel and dive. The hotel we wanted is the Suites of Key Largo. If you can't get the hotel - get the dives we have a two room hotel. You can have the down stairs "next to the kitchen" and we will take upstairs bedroom.

Let me know.

Marty

#18 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:48 PM

Hey Tom if you want to call me my Scuba cell is 505-264-5453. I can tell you more about the trip.

Marty

#19 CobraJet

CobraJet

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:40+

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:43 AM

Hey Tom if you want to call me my Scuba cell is 505-264-5453. I can tell you more about the trip.

Marty

I'll give you a call later today. We do have a room confirmed at the holiday inn from the 3rd till the 8th. Driving down on the 3rd from Ft. Rucker....
Tom
Parker, CO

#20 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

OK -- here is the deal I got:

$535.03 - Hotel 3 nights - (includes all taxes based on $159.95) - this is an upgrade to Marina View.
$260.00 - 4 Dive Charters (2 tanks each = 8 tanks total) - $65 per boat ride (x4)
$ 12.00 - 2 x $6 for Nitrox32 (doing my wreck dives with Nitrox - reef dives with air)

I got some other things, like a two-tank Discover Scuba dive (225) for my friend. Plus, I am getting my boat specialty (130) so I learn some boating protocol before I really start my world adventures.

I did all of this on my own before I discovered Singledivers.com and all the packaging and planning they do for us. I am not sure if this is the sort of trips Kamala and company do for us. But I do like the idea of calling one person and having them take care of all my troubles - so I will let singledivers quote me on everything in the future.
Signature under construction :)

#21 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

Hey everyone, Just to let you know I met with a S/D member "Tom" in Key Largo and yes a another good dive buddy I have met on S/D. We met the AM of the day of the dive. Talked and departed on two dives at about 45ft. Long time down however nice dives. Even tho we didn't have the same Hotel we met for dinners and fun. Dix and I had to depart on Fri and Tom and Kathy stayed unitl Sun (I think) prior to departing I think he wanted to stay for about 2 or 3 months. I did a Discover Scuba with Kathy and I think we have her for another diver buddy. Thanks for the video on my rescue dive Tom. I think I will show it during my OW class. This will be a good video on "Know your gear." I am looking forward to the next dive with Tom and Kathy or any good S/D diver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users